MORE DIFFICULT FOR WOMEN TO CONVERT

lovarabic

When I watch and listen carefully to the new muslim videos, it appears to me that reverting to Islam is a lot more difficult for girls and women than for men. Women have to put on the hijab, and veiling is very difficult to achieve in the western countries. In my country, France, it is nearly impossible for veiled women to get a job, neither in public nor privates areas. Girls have already problems in public secondary schools and are not accepted with hijab. For men, it seems to be easy to convert to Islam and to continue to attend school, or university, or to have a job. A beard is worn by many not muslem men and is not immediatly recognised as a sign of being muslim as the hijab is.
Congratulation to our sisters who have the courage to afront western societies and to expose publicly their religion.
Lovarabic

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

When someone knows the truth of Islam and really wants to know Allah and become close to him by being a Muslim, nothing will be an obstacle for them. It is also a special case in that the majority of those who become Muslim are women. Alhamdulilah. And that is a great thing.

Yes, it is difficult it is true, we all face our own challenges. We can not be stopped by the way other people think about Islam or Muslims.

The UK is also slowly becoming like France, they say bad things about Muslims everyday now. It is the only form of racism which is seen as acceptable in Europe and America now.

wasalam.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

I agree with lovarabic, for her views of the challenges of hijab.

Think how would it be if all the pious women shed their hijabs and walked as if they looked like part of the 'world'. Would you rather see one in a hijab, keeping to herself? or one who is dressed like all others?

What goes through your mind when you glance at a woman in hijab? For me, it is much respect. As a woman, I envy her for being strong to do this. As a woman, myself, I always ask, "why does she not wear a hijab? She's a muslim."...when I see someone, whom I know is muslim, without hijab in public.

Sallam

Kayote

:salam2:

Welcome to the site.

As Mabsoot has said, more women are reverting than men. Masha'Allah.

I do agree that putting on a hijab is a massive effort & as Karima said, I do find myself respecting them more by lowering my gaze as they deserve my respect & for me to give them way.

However, donot underestimate having a beard is easy :biggrin: , Im really wanting to but at the same time very scared deep down. Im taking it slowly, we all have a lot to learn & Insha'Allah as we learn, we'll get stronger together.

WaAliekum Assalam