Mosques in UK

Abu_Luqmann

Assalamualaikum,

We are in the planning process of renovating our mosque. We are hoping to visit the 'well maintained' mosques in UK during to try and get further information and ideas regarding arrangement and design of wudu areas, ladies section, 'hanging out' areas, methods to maintain funding, self sustenance etc, etc Insha Allah.

Could the brothers/sisters suggest mosques across UK worthwhile visiting, including contact details, if possible?

Jazakallahu Khair

hana*

Assalamualaikum,

We are in the planning process of renovating our mosque. We are hoping to visit the 'well maintained' mosques in UK during to try and get further information and ideas regarding arrangement and design of wudu areas, ladies section, 'hanging out' areas, methods to maintain funding, self sustenance etc, etc Insha Allah.

Could the brothers/sisters suggest mosques across UK worthwhile visiting, including contact details, if possible?

Jazakallahu Khair

you have to come in to Central Mosque in Glasgow, its so nice and the sisters part has been done up it looks lovely. theres also a massive hall that was built a few years ago which is also part of the Mosque and many venues take place there e.g weddings and talks. if you do decide to come (were only a three-hour drive) i will post details and also who the two imams are.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:

Masjid Umar Is a good mosque in Leicester. Also- Jameah and Islamic Da'wah academy. But we have no ladies section for salah. We stay at home ;)

If you're interested in the mosque's bro, i can get you the addresses inshaALlah

Wassalaam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
But we have no ladies section for salah. We stay at home ;)

:salam2:

Just happened to catch my attention.

Tut Tut brothers .. They can buy 3-4 partition boards and align them properly and that could be section for the ladies. And if they are capable, they can give an entrance on the other side for the ladies.

It is really not hard to have a women's section in a masjid, unless they are cash strapped and have almost close to none monetary resources.

:wasalam:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu'alaykum.

I'm sure i have read somewhere that the prophet :saw: prevented women from going to the Masaajid due to fitnah.

Over here we have ONE Masjid that has a women section upstairs. *We have tons of Masaajid in Leicester*

I dont think women have ever asked for a separate section either so we just kinda stay at home. :)

hana*

As-salaamu'alaykum.

I'm sure i have read somewhere that the prophet :saw: prevented women from going to the Masaajid due to fitnah.
Over here we have ONE Masjid that has a women section upstairs. *We have tons of Masaajid in Leicester*

I dont think women have ever asked for a separate section either so we just kinda stay at home. :)

it is the opposite, he (saas) said do not prevent youre women from entering the masaajid.

its only in the uk where there is this trend, mosques in muslim countries have a ladies section. although it is preferrable for a woman to pray at home and she gets more reward, she can still pray in the masjid. what if a woman was out and it was duhur time and she wonuldnt make it home on time, what would she do, just miss it? there should be a womans area!

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Nah sis :) I didnt say it was FORBIDDEN by our beloved prophet :saw: he just preffered that women stay at home as you said so.

So yeah.. if you're around the area of a Masjid and you may miss it by the time you come home- Pray your Salah in the Masjid. :)

and are you SURE thats the hadeeth? I'm pretty sure i read vice verca :confused:

Abu_Luqmann

Assalamualaikum,

If Hana and Muslimah 16 could forward the adressess of the respective imam's it will be a great help. Jazakallahu Khair for responding

Please brothers and sisters, we need more responses!!!

salam