Mother's Stories

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Brothers and Sister,

This is a small story i use to hear from my mother when i was young.

Once upon a time there was a king. Some fortune teller from his kingdom told him that his life will finish at the age of 40. The king was still young. So with the time he forgot this saying and about fortune telller. But once after many years when he was sitting alone he remembered this saying of fortune teller. He calculated his age and only few years were balance! He started to worry and became too sick.

One of his wise minister asked him the reason of his too much thinking and being sick. King told him the reason. This minister announced in his kingdom that there was a person such and such who had told about the life of the king and is required in the palace because the king want to reward him.

This man out of greed came running when he listened to this announcement. The minister asked him "Are you the same person who had told the king about his age?" He said proudly "yes". Minister asked "Could you tell how more you will live?" He told i will live so many years more. The minister took his sword and killed that fortune teller without wasting the time.

The king got surprised and looked at the minster with questioning eyes. Minister replied "If he cant tell correctly about his own life, how he can tell about yours?"

This was like a moral story i remember my mother told me when i was young. since then i never beleived about these fortune tellers.

She use to tell me many other stories such as of Prophet Moses (how he was saved in his childhood by Allah and how Allah protected him from Firaun and his army), Another about Prophet Moses - how he wanted to see Allah and What happened when Allah asked him to look on a mountain, About Prophet Jesus - how he showed his miracles and cured people, About Prophet Mohammed - how he treated a old women with kindness when she became sick (who use to put trash and thrones in his way daily). Also i remember one story about a young boy who travelled with a camel caravan and gave all is money (asharfee) what he had with him to desert robbers from his one secret pocket because her mother had told to be always truthful.

I remember about those innocent days i use to ask my mother to tell me more stories of prophets just before going to sleep. I still remember she told me strictly that telling lie is one of the biggest sin and i must never never tell a lie (unless it is for saving the life of someone innocent)

Mothers plays most important part in our life. May Allah reward our mothers more and earlier than we are rewarded. I wish our sisters who are not married also aim to become good mothers in the time to come.

Ameen

Wasalam

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
assalamu alaykum

Thank for sharing. Mothers are the key part in a person childhood and adulthood. Parents in general are the key to lighting a person life.May Allah reward then more and before all of us. Amen!!!!!