moving away from islam

Muslimah***

salaam...even thou im a muslim i still need help on getting to know about Islam as i only started practisin about islam ...sumhow i stil c maself movin away at times especially wen it comes to namaz does anyone know a way wich they can help me becoz i can neva seem to get up for fajr...sumtyms i dont even hear the alarm...n it really upsets me later on...

Al Qassimi

Salam Aliekom,

I understand what you are going through. I did the following things: I tried to think of Allah all the time, guess what He is in my mind always. Second, I have an Ipod which I have all Quran & Nasheed(No Music), while I am moving around campus, I listen to it.

I hope this have helped, please reply back if you need anymore help

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

i know what you mean.... waking up for fajr....alhamduliLah, i am back to the routine of getting up for fajr...

i stopped worrying too much and start taking tasks one by one... have your religion as your "spinal cord/back bone" and everything else as a "secondary"...
listen to as much Quran as you can, anasheed, or anything that has dikr/reminds you of Allah...
don't assume that it would be easy at the beginning of waking up for fajr... at beginning it would be hard and the day might seem hard to pass by and tired... this is only saytan wispering, only at the beginning...
having a reason to wake up for fajr is important.... read about the benefit of waking up for fajr... for sure, one feels good to pray on time and especially fajr since it "suppose" to be hard and not all pray it on time.... Allah may reward for the effort that one puts to pray fajr....
waking up to pray fajr is very easy if one is "satistied" with his deen and his life style is islamic...
just wake up brother for fajr and don't think about it twice when shaytan wispers (stop thinking at that point and go as planed, waking up and praying fajr)... No one wants shaytan to PEE on his ear

take it step by step... May Allah make it easy for you brother... Salam

OsMaN_93

Here to help

im a heavy sleeper have the same problem;
but i was amazed when some one told me this;

read 2 last 2 ayahs of surat Al-bakara (the cow)

and make dua'
:mashallah: it works for me
may Allah help us all to reach the goal

a_brother

Make dua for us all

sorry... you are a sister... just switch all "brother/his" to "sister/her" :lol:

also, if you can sleep as early as you can so that you may be able to wake up easily.... again, changing the routine is hard only at the beginning, afterward, "peace cake"...

try to read/listen to as much about islam (Quran/anasheed)... it would help you without noticing it... also, hang around as much muslims as you can and come to this websites (and other islamic websites) as much as you can.... Salam

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam o 3alaikoum sister.

Well you seem to be aware that what you're doing is wrong. so now you could deal with it. start reading the quran and most of all try understanding it, cause when you do, you wont hesitate, or not praying on time. you will understand islam even more. and people here are willing to help you. just ask ur questions, and insha allah you'll get answers.

take care sister,
from your sister manal:)

i tries this mayb it helps...use an alarm clock put it some where far(not that far that u cant hear it)...somewhere where ull have to walk to it to turn it off and keep a cup of water next to the alarm so when u turn it off dip ur hands in the water n shove it in ur eyes....works 100% for me :p

massi

yes use the alarm of your mobile ...put it away ....you have to get up from
your lovely bed ...and walk to break the terrible sound ....:lol::lol::lol: