MSA woes..:0

aisha16

Assalama Allaykum! :D

My college MSA just had a dawah table shindig today. We had a brothers table (Muslim brothers with pamphlets,info) and sisters table..it went well..BUT there were some issues.

How do you have a dialogue with people who aren't looking for answers but are trying to give them. For example, there was this White agnostic guy who came to the brothers table at the Quad..who had a 100 questions but had all the answers for them. He said he hates religions because they are devicive and create hatred/wars..and he seemed to really hate God astufurillah..the things he said were blasphemous and seriously unmentionable..but I can say that he wanted God to show himself to him. Like who are you? What???? He was extremely stubborn and arrogant.. And he went on an on talking about God, religions, etc. And there was this Ethiopian girl who straight up threw some accusations at us..even though she said she had Muslim friends and then she had the nerve to go into the cafeteria and tell other Muslim girls that she was so mad and that we were arguing with her and attacking her..to top it all off there is an Arabic professor who had a bashing Prophet Muhammad like presentation a few semesters ago and seems to dislike Muslims...even though 90 percent of his class consists of Muslims and he acts buddy/buddy with them..yet he attacks Islam and Muslims in class whenever a church in Iraq is bombed and the like...and then he tries debating Muslims on Islan and how unjust it is....Ok!

So my question is- how do you deal with people not looking for answers but a debate with you on Islam???

Whew...IA you all can help me understand...

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Remember: When you argue with an ignorant person, you ALWAYS lose.

There are haters who simply waste their time hating and don't care what you have to say. They're so blinded by their hatred they wouldn't believe you if you told them the sky was blue. I recommend making them feel stupid by "killing them with kindness".

Stay calm and don't allow yourself to get emotional. Remember alot of these times, they're looking to get a rise out of you. Don't give them what they want. Staying calm will allow you to answer their questions rationally as well as display the class your religion gave you. I know it's difficult but you would feel absolutely terrible if you sunk to their level. Trust me :( . As Muslims, it's our job to be the best examples of humanity. And that includes being a class act (something that will really annoy the hater).

In the end, keep in mind that if their primary goal is to hate Muslims and Islam no matter what, they're choosing to live in ignorance and there's NOTHING you can say or do to change their minds because they alone are responsible for the blinders over their eyes.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

different people have different mentality and character.

1. some are good, all they need is someone to show the way.

2. some are anti-religion in the beginning due to their upbringing and life's point-of-view they were taught. but they change when the message is brought forward to them.

3. some never change....even if you bring 1000 signs of Truth...they will not change. prophet's life is an evidence to the three types mentioned.

so, all you need is to tell them the Truth of Allah and Islam, gently and politely. and leave the rest to Allah.

those who have been destined by Allah to remain misguided cannot be guided by anyone. and His Decree is full of Wisdom and Justice.

arzafar

christian, jews and pagans can be argued with from the Quraan & hadith.

athiest can be argued on the basis of Islam miracles, prophecies and predictions.

modernist, barelvi, deobandi, shia and other misguided muslims are the most difficult to argue with. I dont know of any tactic to argue with them convincingly. This is because they also quote from quraan and hadith but they derive the wrong meaning off it.

The key is to establish the rules of the debate before beginning an argument. Convince the opposition to follow the evidence rather than following their own belief and lining up the evidence in its favor.

Ultimately, only knowledgeable people should engage in debates and the common people like us should avoid arguments lest they become misguided.

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu sister,

My suggestion to you and to others is NOT TO ARGUE OR DEBATE DURING THIS PRECIOUS DAWAH TIME. This is just a waste of time and will not bring any good. Those guys are there only to waste their time and your time. At the end of the day neither you will be satisfied nor they will be. Instead you should devout your time to others who are interested.

Whats better...to debate with a single person for an hour? or to deal with 10 interested persons during the same time

btw dawah is not always nice talking...sometime you just have to be a little bit tough..

I remember there was this Non muslim Arab guy, presenting himself as a son of a diplomat, who came to our tables while we were setting them up. He went to each brother and asked him "where are you from? meaning country" So after getting the answer he went to the side to put his bag and jacket and began to ask the sisters the same question. The sisters stated looking at us. They completely ignored his presence...

So after a while he came to the brothers and started asking heated question...what do you think of this beating of women and blah blah blah etc???

So after analyzing his intent, i went straight to him. Face to face ...only few inches in between us ..and said to him in a little bit loud voice :)....

"Mr..... the sole purpose of these tables is to inform others about the basics of Islam...and thats is. If you are aware of these basics...good enough.....if you are not then you can stay here and ask these brothers (not sisters) about them.
Regarding your question, you are more than welcome to attend the "awareness day" today and we will be more than happy to assist you there. It will be 3 hours long....Got it...we don't deal with these questions here..if you need the answer come today at this time ___ ."

Assalama Allaykum! :D

My college MSA just had a dawah table shindig today. We had a brothers table (Muslim brothers with pamphlets,info) and sisters table..it went well..BUT there were some issues.

How do you have a dialogue with people who aren't looking for answers but are trying to give them. For example, there was this White agnostic guy who came to the brothers table at the Quad..who had a 100 questions but had all the answers for them. He said he hates religions because they are devicive and create hatred/wars..and he seemed to really hate God astufurillah..the things he said were blasphemous and seriously unmentionable..but I can say that he wanted God to show himself to him. Like who are you? What???? He was extremely stubborn and arrogant.. And he went on an on talking about God, religions, etc. And there was this Ethiopian girl who straight up threw some accusations at us..even though she said she had Muslim friends and then she had the nerve to go into the cafeteria and tell other Muslim girls that she was so mad and that we were arguing with her and attacking her..to top it all off there is an Arabic professor who had a bashing Prophet Muhammad like presentation a few semesters ago and seems to dislike Muslims...even though 90 percent of his class consists of Muslims and he acts buddy/buddy with them..yet he attacks Islam and Muslims in class whenever a church in Iraq is bombed and the like...and then he tries debating Muslims on Islan and how unjust it is....Ok!

So my question is- how do you deal with people not looking for answers but a debate with you on Islam???

Whew...IA you all can help me understand...

aisha16

Thanks for all the replies brothers and sisters! It really helped clarify things for me..thank you all again..guess it's not worth the debate. ma'saalam