Muhammad and slaves

betty

Did Muhammad have sex with any of his slaves and 'not' marry them? I hear many stories by non Muslims that say he had many slaves and had sex with lots of the women.

BUT my Muslim friend said Muhammad would buy slaves and set them free. He never kept slave.

Thanks for your help.

:salam2:

the prophet PBUH, never had sexual relations with any person outside of marriage.

if you would like to get more info about is biography and lifestyle, I recommend you read the Sealed Nectar

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108876&postcount=28

or purchase a nice copy(worth buying):
http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/main.mvc?Screen=PROD%20&Product_Code=004a&Category_Code=Eng_ProphetMuhammad

This is a nice that explains the concept of marriage in Islam as well as Islams women: http://www.islamswomen.com/index.php

any questions you may have you can ask here, there are many who have good references too.

:wasalam:

such an infuriating allegation! ask the non-muslim hate preachers to show their proof????

the Quran Chapter 60:
[60:2] Should they gain the upper hand over you, they would behave to you as enemies, and stretch forth their hands and their tongues against you with evil, and they desire that you should disbelieve.

Muhammad pbuh never had illegal sex in his life. He always married the women!

vegangoth

Banned
[QUOTE

Muhammad pbuh never had illegal sex in his life. He always married the women![/QUOTE]

Women? How many wives did he have?

betty

such an infuriating allegation! ask the non-muslim hate preachers to show their proof????

the Quran Chapter 60:
[60:2] Should they gain the upper hand over you, they would behave to you as enemies, and stretch forth their hands and their tongues against you with evil, and they desire that you should disbelieve.

Muhammad pbuh never had illegal sex in his life. He always married the women!

I see this argument a lot by non Muslims. And they do the same as you, but ask for proof he did not have salves.
Alot Muslims say it is ok to have sex with slave. Quran says "right hand possession" so it is allowed.

I on the other hand just remain confused

the prophet pbuh had 11 wives. some were proposed, some proposed to him and he accepted, some were those whose tribes were captured and so in order to build political ties with the tribes, he married with one of their women to strengthen family relations. some were slaves. when he married them, she would acquire the status of a free woman.
just like, in the old days, kings of england would marry princesses from spain or wales, to strengthen family ties between the two rulers.

so muhammad pbuh married into different tribes to strengthen political ties. his wives are not slaves. they are the mother of the believers.

in the olden days, if a woman was a slave, if she got married to a free man, she would be exalted in status and would no longer remain a slave. marriage was a way out of slavery for slave-girls.

slavery was common all across the world at that time. islam gradually freed the slaves by giving them their freedom or marrying.

u need to read the biography of the prophet pbuh. the evidence is in there. if you dont read, u look at only one angle of a cube. i keep saying its a cube. but u look at one angle and you say no no its a square. does that make sense to you?