Muhammad Ayub From Pakistan | A short Introduction

mayub

Me Muhammad Ayub, Hafiz e Quran and BS (in islamic studies with computer technology). By profession I am a teacher, blogger, youtuber, search engine optimizer and wordpress web developer. I have 10 years of teaching experiences alhamdulillah, have taught quran online as well, So if someone among the readers wants to learn Arabic language, and Quran, feel free can contact me by email : [email protected]

noor academy

Surah Mudathir Benefits And Lessons was revealed in Makkah and it has 56 ayat. Surah Mudathir (سورة المدثر) is one of the chapters of the 29th part of the Quran, are covers topics like the Quran being a warning to the disbelievers, refuting false accusations against the Quran,
the consequences of actions, the guardians of Hell and their number, and the Quran being a reminder.

Al Muddassir Meaning in Quran

Al-Muddassir’s meaning in the Quran is “The Covered.” It’s written ٱلْمُدَّثِّر‎ in Arabic,
it means the “Cloaked One” or “the Man Wearing a Cloak.” The man here refers to the prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).
The name is one of Muhammad’s (PBUH) names or titles. Afterward, it is used as a male given name in the Arabian Peninsula or Africa,
written Mudathir or Mudather, and Mudassar in Central Asia, South Asia, and Southeast Asia.

What Are Surah Muddathir Benefits?

surah al muddaththir benefits
1- One of the Benefits of Surah Mudathir is that it is the first complete Surah revealed to the prophet Muhammad PBUH – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – and it can be combined that it is the first Surah revealed
And Surah Al-Alaq also, the first Surah that was revealed with the order to inform is that Surat Al-Alaq was revealed in its heart only, and it was not revealed to the Messenger in one sentence like Surat Al-Muddathir:
“I asked Abu Salamah: the Quran was revealed first? He said:” Yaaa ayyuhal muddassir,” I said: I was informed that the first Surah was revealed from the Qur’an:” Iqra bismi rab bikal lazee khalaq “[3] said Abu Salamah asked Jabir bin Abdullah Which Qur’an was revealed first?
2- Among the Benefits of Surat al-Muddathir, like other surahs of the Quran, is the Benefits for recitation; A letter is a good deed and a good deed is ten times as much, except for that which people pass on from the virtues of Surat al-Muddathir, and that reciting it is a reason for the servant to be with the Prophet – may Allah is prayers and the prophet Muhammad PBUH – in the same degree in Paradise, and there is no basis for it.
3- the person who recites Surah al-Muddaththir will be protected from any misfortunes in this world.
4- If recited Surah al-Muddaththir daily and then a dua is made after its recitation, then the dua will be answered and the need will be fulfilled.
5- If one makes dua that he wishes to memorize al Quran then he will not die until he has memorized it with the help of Allah

Surah al Mudassir in the Holy Quran

Surah Mudathir
Surah al Mudassir in the Holy Quran

Surah Mudathir is the Surah 74 of the Quran, with 56 verses (ayat). It can be found in juz twenty-nine. Surah Mudathir has 256 words in total, 193 distinct words without repetition, and 1,035 letters. It’s a Meccan Surah that was revealed to cover a variety of themes.
Surah Mudathir is split into chronological and thematic parts. This surah was most likely delivered at least twice and gathered retroactively.
Verses 1-30 and 32-56 are composed of short, poetic lines that follow the rhyme pattern and employ the Arabic rhetorical technique of parallel construction. This refers to the early Meccan era’s poetry.
Verse 31 stands out for its sentence structure, grammar, and length; it is easily the longest verse in this surah and indicates a considerable divergence from the rhyming pattern that precedes and follows it. This verse type is very common in later Medinan revelations.

When Was Surah Muddathir Revealed?

Surah Mudathir was revealed in the period of 610 – 614 AD. Many well-known scholars, including Ibn Kathir, regard Surat al-Muddaththir as the second surah given to the prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Citing the hadith:
“Jabir ibn Abd Allah said, I heard the Messenger of Allah – and he was narrating about the pause in Revelation – so he said in his narration: “I was walking when I heard a voice from the heavens. So I raised my head, and there was an angel, the one that had come to me at Hira, sitting upon a chair between the heavens and the earth.
I fled from him out of fear, and I returned and said: “Wrap me up! Wrap me up!” So they covered me. Then, Allah, Most High revealed: “O you who are wrapped up! Arise and warn.” Up to His saying: “And keep away from the Rujz!” before the Salat was made obligatory.”

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, at-Tirmidhi, Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Why Was Surah Al Muddathir Revealed?

Allah SWT commands Muhammad, who was wrapped in clothing because he was extremely cold as a result of the enormous shock of his first revelation, to rise and warn people. This is a popular opinion among scholars since they believe it was the second Surah to be revealed.
Allah ordered him to cleanse himself and stand up to the task of warning his people, including the mention of Saood and Saqar (places of terrible punishment in hell), as well as the rewards and punishments in paradise and hell.
Allama Tabataba’i states in his Quran exegesis, al-Mizan, that according to numerous hadiths, verse 11 of Surah Mudathir and its following verses were revealed regarding al-Walid b. al-Mughira.
“Leave Me Alone (to deal) with whom I created Alone, And then granted him resources in abundance. And children to be by his side! And made life smooth and comfortable for him! After all that he desires that I should give more; Nay! Verily, he has been stubborn and opposing Our Ayat I shall oblige him to (climb a slippery mountain in the Hell-fire called As-Sa’ud, or to) face a severe torment!
Verily, he thought and plotted; So let him be cursed! How he plotted! And once more let him be cursed, how he plotted!
Then he thought; Then he frowned and he looked in a bad-tempered way; Then he turned back and was proud; Then he said: “This is nothing but magic from that of old; This is nothing but the word of a human being!

(Surah al Muddathir 11-25)
People from the Quraysh convened at Dar al-Nudwa, and Walid, a knowledgeable and courteous man, pushed them to reach an agreement concerning the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
The Quraysh tried to label him as a poet, a soothsayer, or insane, but al-Walid b.
al-Mughira argued that none of these descriptions fit him because Quranic verses do not resemble poetry, soothsaying, or insanity.
He favored the term “magician” for the Prophet (PBUH).
When the Quraysh departed Dar al-Nudwa, they began referring to the Prophet (PBUH) as a magician whenever they encountered him. The Prophet (PBUH) was depressed, and then Surah al-Muddaththir verses eleven to twenty-five were revealed.

Surah al Muddathir English Translation

1. O you (Muhammad) cloaked (in garments)!
  2. Arise and warn!
  3. And magnify your Lord (Allah)!
  4. And purify your garments!
  5. And keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols)!
  6. And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of Allah’s obedience as a favor to Allah).
  7. And be patient for the sake of your Lord!
  8. Then, when the Trumpet is sounded
  9. Truly, that Day will be a Hard Day.
  10. Far from easy for the disbelievers.
  11. Leave Me Alone (to deal) with whom I created Alone (without any means, i.e. Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah Al-Makhzumi)!
  12. And then granted him resources in abundance.
  13. And children to be by his side!
  14. And made life smooth and comfortable for him!
  15. After all that he desires that I should give more;
  16. Nay! Verily, he has been stubborn and opposing Our Ayat (proofs, pieces of evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
  17. I shall oblige him to (climb a slippery mountain in the Hell-fire called As-Sa’ud, or to) face a severe torment!
  18. Verily, he thought and plotted;
  19. So let him be cursed! How he plotted!
  20. And once more let him be cursed, how he plotted!
  21. Then he thought;
  22. Then he frowned and he looked in a bad-tempered way;
  23. Then he turned back and was proud;
  24. Then he said: “This is nothing but magic from that of old;
  25. “This is nothing but the word of a human being!”
  26. I will cast him into Hell-fire
  27. And what will make you know exactly what Hell-fire is?
  28. It spares not (any sinner), nor does it leave anything unburnt!
  29. Burning the skins!
  30. Over it are nineteen (angels as guardians and keepers of Hell).
  31. And We have set none but angels as guardians of the Fire, and We have fixed their number (19) only as a trial for the disbelievers, in order that the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) may arrive at a certainty [that this Qur’an is the truth as it agrees with their Books i.e. their number (19) is written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)]
and the believers may increase in Faith (as this Quran is the truth) and that no doubts may be left for the people of the Scripture and the believers, and that those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy) and the disbelievers may say: “What Allah intends by this (curious) example ?” Thus Allah leads astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And none can know the hosts of your Lord but He. And this (Hell) is nothing else than a (warning) reminder to mankind.
  1. Nay, and by the moon,
  2. And by the night when it withdraws,
  3. And by the dawn when it brightens,
  4. Verily, it (Hell, or their denial of the Prophet Muhammad, or the Day of Resurrection) is but one of the greatest calamities.
  5. A warning to mankind,
  6. To any of you that chooses to go forward (by working righteous deeds), or to remain behind (by committing sins),
  7. Every person is a pledge for what he has earned,
  8. Except those on the Right, (i.e. the pious true believers of Islamic Monotheism);
  9. In Gardens (Paradise) they will ask one another,
  10. About Al-Mujrimun (polytheists, criminals, disbelievers, etc.),
  11. “What has caused you to enter Hell?”
  12. They will say: “We were not of those who used to offer their Salat (prayers)
  13. “Nor we used to feed Al-Miskin (the poor);
  14. “And we used to talk about falsehood (all that which Allah hated) with vain talkers.
  15. “And we used to belie the Day of Recompense
  16. “Until there comes to us (the death) that is certain.”
  17. So no intercession of intercessors will be of any use to them.
  18. Then what is wrong with them (i.e. the disbelievers) that they turn away from (receiving) admonition?
  19. As if they were frightened (wild) donkeys.
  20. Fleeing from a hunter, or a lion, or a beast of prey.
  21. Nay, every one of them desires that he should be given pages spread out (coming from Allah with writing that Islam is the right religion, and Muhammad has come with the truth from Allah the Lord of the heavens and earth, etc.).
  22. Nay! But they fear not the Hereafter.
  23. Nay, verily, this (Quran) is an admonition,
  24. So whosoever will (let him read it), and receive admonition from it!
  25. And they will not receive admonition unless Allah wills; He (Allah) is the One, deserving that mankind should be afraid of, and should be dutiful to Him, and should not take any Ilah (Allah ) along with Him, and He is the One Who forgives.

Surah Mudathir Tafseer

Verses 1-2​

The Surah’s first topic is an exhortation to be self-sufficient. Verse 1 is about Muhammed (al-Muddaththir, or cloaked one). The second verse alerts Muhammad to a changing environment in which he is tasked with saving humanity.

Verses 3-7​

Verses 3-7, then, are injunctions to Muhammad and whoever follows the righteous path of Allah SWT to preserve cleanliness, monotheism, humility, and patience in their own life. All of this is setting the stage for the rest of the message to be revealed.

Verses 8-31​

The following Surah Muddaththir theme portion is a warning to unbelievers. This part recounts the rejection of Allah’s message and the agonizing repercussions.
Those who have not been appreciative for the bounty of Allah’s favor and have demanded more, ignoring Allah SWT’s signs and revelations, will be thrown into the Saqar. These names all allude to Hell’s searing fire.
This image of an unbeliever highlights the uniqueness of the duty of obeying Allah’s message: it is up to each individual man to save himself from Hell.
Verse 30 mentions nineteen angels who guard the abyss of hell; this intriguing detail is expanded on in the next verse, which is thought to be a Medinan interpolation.
Verse 31 decodes the mystery of the nineteen angels by depicting the number as a symbol of trust. True believers will not question it since it is Allah’s word, but those who Allah has “guided astray” will be disturbed by questions.

Verses 32-36​

The next portion of Surah al-Muddaththir uses the concrete, visible physical world to demonstrate that the destruction that awaits the unbelievers will be equally real. It then returns to the subject of personal responsibility.

Verse 37-48​

These verses explain the soul’s struggle in Saqar, as well as the decisions made by those who found themselves there. There will be no intercession for them; their eternal souls were condemned the moment they rejected Allah’s message.

Verses 49-56​

Finally, the surah returns to the realm of the living to issue its final command. Verses 49-56 stress the critical need of people to fear and glorify Allah SWT and only Him.
After showing believers what happens to those who do not listen to the message, the surah concludes with a reminder that, in the end, Allah SWT controls the fate of all humanity and that no one will remember what Allah does not allow him to remember.

surah muddathir arabic text

يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلْمُدَّثِّرُ
Yaaa ayyuhal muddassir
1. O you who covers himself [with a garment],​
قُمْ فَأَنذِرْ
Qum fa anzir
2. Arise and warn​
وَرَبَّكَ فَكَبِّرْ
Wa rabbaka fakabbir
3. And your Lord glorify​
وَثِيَابَكَ فَطَهِّرْ
Wa siyaabaka fatahhir
4. And your clothing purify​
وَٱلرُّجْزَ فَٱهْجُرْ
Warrujza fahjur
5. And uncleanliness avoid​
وَلَا تَمْنُن تَسْتَكْثِرُ
Wa laa tamnun tastaksir
6. And do not confer favor to acquire more​
وَلِرَبِّكَ فَٱصْبِرْ
Wa li Rabbika fasbir
7. But for your Lord be patient.​
فَإِذَا نُقِرَ فِى ٱلنَّاقُورِ
Fa izaa nuqira fin naaqoor
8. And when the trumpet is blown,​
فَذَ‌ٰلِكَ يَوْمَئِذٍۢ يَوْمٌ عَسِيرٌ
Fazaalika yawma ‘iziny yawmun ‘aseer
9. That Day will be a difficult day​
عَلَى ٱلْكَـٰفِرِينَ غَيْرُ يَسِيرٍۢ
‘Alal kaafireena ghairu yaseer
10. For the disbelievers – not easy.​
ذَرْنِى وَمَنْ خَلَقْتُ وَحِيدًۭا
Zarnee wa man khalaqtu waheedaa
11. Leave Me with the one I created alone​
وَجَعَلْتُ لَهُۥ مَالًۭا مَّمْدُودًۭا
Wa ja’altu lahoo maalam mamdoodaa
12. And to whom I granted extensive wealth​
وَبَنِينَ شُهُودًۭا
Wa baneena shuhoodaa
13. And children present [with him]​
وَمَهَّدتُّ لَهُۥ تَمْهِيدًۭا
Wa mahhattu lahoo tamheeda
14. And spread [everything] before him, easing [his life].​
ثُمَّ يَطْمَعُ أَنْ أَزِيدَ
Summa yat ma’u an azeed
15. Then he desires that I should add more.​
كَلَّآ ۖ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ لِءَايَـٰتِنَا عَنِيدًۭا
Kallaaa innahoo kaana li Aayaatinaa ‘aneedaa
16. No! Indeed, he has been toward Our verses obstinate.​
سَأُرْهِقُهُۥ صَعُودًا
Sa urhiquhoo sa’oodaa
17. I will cover him with arduous torment.​
إِنَّهُۥ فَكَّرَ وَقَدَّرَ
Innahoo fakkara wa qaddar
18. Indeed, he thought and deliberated.​
فَقُتِلَ كَيْفَ قَدَّرَ
Faqutila kayfa qaddar
19. So may he be destroyed [for] how he deliberated.​
ثُمَّ قُتِلَ كَيْفَ قَدَّرَ
Summa qutila kaifa qaddar
20. Then may he be destroyed [for] how he deliberated.​
ثُمَّ نَظَرَ
Summa nazar
21. Then he considered [again];​
ثُمَّ عَبَسَ وَبَسَرَ
Summa ‘abasa wa basar
22. Then he frowned and scowled;​
ثُمَّ أَدْبَرَ وَٱسْتَكْبَرَ
Summaa adbara wastakbar
23. Then he turned back and was arrogant​
فَقَالَ إِنْ هَـٰذَآ إِلَّا سِحْرٌۭ يُؤْثَرُ
Faqaala in haazaaa illaa sihruny yu’sar
24. And said, “This is not but magic imitated [from others].​
إِنْ هَـٰذَآ إِلَّا قَوْلُ ٱلْبَشَرِ
In haazaaa illaa qawlul bashar
25. This is not but the word of a human being.”​
سَأُصْلِيهِ سَقَرَ
Sa usleehi saqar
26. I will drive him into Saqar.​
وَمَآ أَدْرَىٰكَ مَا سَقَرُ
Wa maaa adraaka maa saqar
27. And what can make you know what is Saqar?​
لَا تُبْقِى وَلَا تَذَرُ
Laa tubqee wa laa tazar
28. It lets nothing remain and leaves nothing [unburned],​
لَوَّاحَةٌۭ لِّلْبَشَرِ
Lawwaahatul lilbashar
29. Blackening the skins.​
عَلَيْهَا تِسْعَةَ عَشَرَ
‘Alaihaa tis’ata ‘ashar
30. Over it are nineteen [angels].​

surah muddathir Roman Translation

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
  1. Yaaa ayyuhal muddassir
  2. Qum fa anzir
  3. Wa rabbaka fakabbir
  4. Wa siyaabaka fatahhir
  5. Warrujza fahjur
  6. Wa laa tamnun tastaksir
  7. Wa li Rabbika fasbir
  8. Fa izaa nuqira fin naaqoor
  9. Fazaalika yawma ‘iziny yawmun ‘aseer
  10. ‘Alal kaafireena ghairu yaseer
  11. Zarnee wa man khalaqtu waheedaa
  12. Wa ja’altu lahoo maalam mamdoodaa
  13. Wa baneena shuhoodaa
  14. Wa mahhattu lahoo tamheeda
  15. Summa yat ma’u an azeed
  16. Kallaaa innahoo kaana li Aayaatinaa ‘aneedaa
  17. Sa urhiquhoo sa’oodaa
  18. Innahoo fakkara wa qaddar
  19. Faqutila kayfa qaddar
  20. Summa qutila kaifa qaddar
  21. Summa nazar
  22. Summa ‘abasa wa basar
  23. Summaa adbara wastakbar
  24. Faqaala in haazaaa illaa sihruny yu’sar
  25. In haazaaa illaa qawlul bashar
  26. Sa usleehi saqar
  27. Wa maaa adraaka maa saqar
  28. Laa tubqee wa laa tazar
  29. Lawwaahatul lilbashar
  30. ‘Alaihaa tis’ata ‘ashar
  31. Wa maaja’alnaaa As-haaban naari illaa malaaa ‘ikatanw wa maa ja’alnaa ‘iddatahum illaa fitnatal lillazeena kafaroo liyastaiqinal lazeena ootul kitaaba wa yazdaadal lazeena aamanooo eemaananw wa laa yartaabal lazeena ootul kitaaba walmu’minoona wa liyaqoolal lazeena fee quloo bihim maradunw walkaafiroona maazaaa araadal laahu bihaazaa masalaa; kazaalika yudillul laahu mai yashaaa’u wa yahdee mai yashaaa’; wa maa ya’lamu junooda rabbika illaa hoo; wa maa hiya illaa zikraa lil bashar
  32. Kallaa walqamar
  33. Wallaili id adbar
  34. Wassub hi izaaa asfar
  35. Innahaa la ihdal kubar
  36. Nazeeral lilbashar
  37. Liman shaaa’a minkum any yataqaddama aw yata akhkhar
  38. Kullu nafsim bima kasabat raheenah
  39. Illaaa as haabal yameen
  40. Fee jannaatiny yata saaa’aloon
  41. ‘Anil mujrimeen
  42. Maa salakakum fee saqar
  43. Qaaloo lam naku minal musalleen
  44. Wa lam naku nut’imul miskeen
  45. Wa kunnaa nakhoodu ma’al khaaa’ideen
  46. Wa kunnaa nukazzibu bi yawmid Deen
  47. Hattaaa ataanal yaqeen
  48. Famaa tanfa’uhum shafaa’atush shaafi’een
  49. Famaa lahum ‘anittazkirati mu’rideen
  50. Ka annahum humurum mustanfirah
  51. Farrat min qaswarah
  52. Bal yureedu kullum ri’im minhum any yu’taa suhufam munashsharah
  53. Kallaa bal laa yakhaafoonal aakhirah
  54. Kallaaa innahoo tazkirah
  55. Fa man shaaa’a zakarah
  56. Wa maa yazkuroona illaaa any yashaaa’al laah; Huwa ahlut taqwaa wa ahlul maghfirah
And, according to a hadith from the Prophet (PBUH) given in Tafsir al-Burhan, reciting Surah al-Muddaththir on a regular basis will result in a large reward. If someone asks Allah to assist them in memorizing the entire Quran, they will not die until they have memorized the entire Quran.
Sign up for Noor Academy’s Quran for kids courses and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Quran teaching for children in Noor Academy is fun as well as structured, they’ll learn with Noor Kids;
Noor and Nora ( House of Quran ) will be their friends during this amazing journey.

Surah Mudathir summary

Surah Mudathir has 56 verses divided into 2 Rukus/Sections. It takes its name from verse 1: ” يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُدَّثِّرُ,” (O you who covers himself [with a garment]) where the word “المدثر” meaning “The Enrobed” appears This Surah was revealed in Mecca during very early days of prophethood.
Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah Al Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet
“While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from heaven.
I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth.
I got afraid of him and came back home and said,
‘Wrap me .’ And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses: ‘O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!’
Arise and warn (the people against Allah’s Punishment),… up to ‘and desert the idols.’ (74.1-5) After this, the revelation started coming strongly, frequently, and regularly.”
Surah Mudathir talks about self-preparedness for the coming hard work of the responsibility of prophethood. Then there is a warning for the unbelievers.
Who rejected the word of Allah, and warns humankind to fear and glorify Allah.
In this Surah is also the mention of Saood and Saqar (Places of severe Punishment in Hell) and about 19 Guards of Hell.
Then verse 31 explains the mystery of the nineteen angels by depicting the number as a trial of faith. Genuine believers will not question it,
as it is the word of Allah, and those whom Allah has led astray would be disturbed by doubts.