murder afterlife and other questions

zmanzavoo

Salamilakum brothers and sisters. I have always wondered, if someone kills another person for no reason, then they will be in hell for ever in the after life, right? Then why do we always see people in prison guilty of murder converting to Islam? I am not trying to be rude or anything. With out being crude, I would like to say, what is the point if you will stay in hell for every anyway?
Another question was dealing with the penalties Islam such as adultery. I understand the punishment for this is stoning. Does the person become forgiven of their sin afterwards? I would really appreciate all your answers and opinions. Thanks.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Will a sinner be punished in the Hereafter if the legal punishment (hadd) is carried out on him in this world?​

Question:
If a person do a sin in this world, and then get the punishment for it, will he then get a punishment for the same sin after his death? For example if a person commits adultery, or steal, then he is gets death punishment, or get his hand cut off, will he then get a punishment for that sin in the Hereafter? If he is homosexual and gets stoned to death, is he then free from the fire of hell?
Could you please tell me the answer in light of Hadeeth and Quran ?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated in his Saheeh (3/143, no. 3679) with his isnaad that ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit, one of those who was present at Badr with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), said that one of those who had been present at al-‘Aqabah told him:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, with a group of his Sahaabah standing around him: “Come and give me your oath of allegiance, promising that you will not associate anything in worship with Allaah, or steal, or commit zinaa (illegal sexual activity), or kill your children, or utter slander intentionally forging falsehood (by wrongfully attributing illegitimate children to husbands) [cf 60:12], or disobey me with regard to anything good (ma’roof). Whoever among you fulfils this oath, his reward will be due from Allaah, and whoever commits any of these sins and is punished for it in this world, this will be an expiation for him. Whoever commits any of these sins and Allaah conceals it for him, then his case rests with Allaah – if He wills, He will punish him and if He wills, He will forgive him.” So they gave their oath of allegiance to him on that basis.

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath (1/6): “What we learn from this hadeeth is that the carrying out of the punishment is an expiation for the sin, even if the one on whom the hadd is carried out does not repent. This is the view of the majority. It was also said that he has to repent – this was stated by some of the Taabi’een.”

The previous hadeeth was also narrated by al-Tirmidhi in his Sunan. After quoting it, he said:

“Al-Shaafa’i said concerning this topic: I have not heard any better indication than this hadeeth to show that the hudood (punishments) are an expiation for the people on whom they are carried out. Al-Shaafa’i said: if a person commits a sin and Allaah conceals it for him, I prefer for him to keep it concealed and to repent, keeping the matter between himself and Allaah. Something similar was narrated from Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, that they commanded a man to conceal his sin.” (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 1439). So there is no need for the person who commits a punishable sin to go to the Qaadi (judge) and confess and ask for the hadd to be carried out on him; rather, he is encouraged to keep it to himself and to repent, keeping the matter between himself and Allaah, may He be glorified, and to do lots of righteous deeds, for good deeds cancel out bad deeds, and the one who repents from sin is like one who did not sin at all. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and to forgive us. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Repentance (tawbah) from murder​

Question:
How does a murderer repent for his sin?

Answer:

A murderer has three rights on him. That of Allah, that of the murdered person, and those of his or her immediate kin.

As for Allah's right it cannot be requited but with true repentance.

The right of the immediate kin can be requited by the murderer by handing himself over to them in order that they either: a) turn him over to the authorities for execution; b) accept monetary compensation from him; or c) forgive him.

The right of the person himself who was murdered cannot be compensated for in this world. Some scholars are of the opinion - and this seems to be the preferable opinion - that if the murderer is true in his repentance, Allah will clear him of his sin and compensate on his behalf by satisfying the person murdered on the Day of Judgment.

msameer

I think one important part of the question still remains unanswered. About people convicted of murder converting to Islam. The most important thing to understand is that ALL the previous sins are forgiven when someone truly and whole heartedly accepts Islam.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Salamilakum brothers and sisters. I have always wondered, if someone kills another person for no reason, then they will be in hell for ever in the after life, right? Then why do we always see people in prison guilty of murder converting to Islam? I am not trying to be rude or anything. With out being crude, I would like to say, what is the point if you will stay in hell for every anyway?
Another question was dealing with the penalties Islam such as adultery. I understand the punishment for this is stoning. Does the person become forgiven of their sin afterwards? I would really appreciate all your answers and opinions. Thanks.

As brother Sameer told about the fact that all sins are fogiven by Allah SWT after a person reverts to Islam.

One point ot make, Why prisoners convert mostly?
That is because they are the most restless people and they are the people looking for the satisfaction of heart, or they are the people who regret about their doings the most. They jerk around in due the restlessnes, so they become violent if they dont find good answers to the miseries in the life. When they come to know about Islam providing solution to their problems and calmness of heart then they cant stop themselves from reverting; SubhanAllah.

Wassalaam,
VE

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

when u take the shahada ur sins are washed clean, ur know longer in jahiliyat. From then on we are accountable for all sins we know and read are wrong. How can we tell... Conscience

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Walaikum Asslaam

Brother, Humans are like this. mostly

they remember God when in trouble and prisinors understands better then the people living freely outside and enjoying themselves with the worldly things. thats the reason behind prisinors reverting a lot these days.

Salaam Allaikum.