Music and Movies

Gayer

Assalamu alaikum my dear sister's and brother's in Islam.I want u member's to give me a bit of advise about music and waching movies,if they are something forbidden in Islam or wat.Thanks

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Salamzz, well i dont have any proof with me now but inshaAlah i will give you some later on. All i know that music is haram but im not sure about movies. my opinion is that movies are also haram in islam because there is always some beacround music in it. I'll give you the proof later on. Wasalam, oh....welcome to TTI!!LOL. wasalam.

Gayer

Thanks for that wounderful brief.Meaning all the Islamic songs are haram bt will inshallaa stop all as soon as i can................

Axmyn

:salam2:

not all islamic songs are forbidden. the ones which contain explicit content and music are considered forbidden becasue it can affect you way of thinking, and might lead you to commit sins.

the ones which are considered halaal are the ones which encourage you to do good deeds with not even a trace of music in it and the ones which remind you of god.

may allah guide us all to the right path.
:wasalam:

Ita-rosa

Waleykum Assalam
As far as i'm concerned music and movies isn't haraam ONLY if they contain messages that can lead you to do wrong things, for example music which has a sexual message is haraam or lyrics with drugs etc, you know if the movies or the songs have a "wrong" message following to the holy quran
There is a verse of this, i will give you that later, inshaAllah.
But Allahu Alem.

Ma a salama :)

aidanism

Salam...

I've heard of many Islamic songs with music in them. And they're really popular in asean countries. also, there are girl 'bands' singing islamic songs too.

How does that fit?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Salam...

I've heard of many Islamic songs with music in them. And they're really popular in asean countries. also, there are girl 'bands' singing islamic songs too.

How does that fit?

As-salaamu `alaykum.

They do not fit in Islaam at all, and are in fact in opposition to the teachings of Islaam. Calling them "islamic" is a total oxymoron. I think those who do these deeds need to pay attention to the authentic hadeeth in Sunan Ibn Maajah, Book of Trials, in which the Prophet sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, said that those who make music halaal will be transformed into apes and swine or swallowed up by the earth!

Wa`alaykum salaam

wardah noor

Muslimah 4 life
i know that music is haram even the nasheed with music i dont know the hadith number but in Bukari and muslim it clearly stated that "there will be a time that my nation will make things unlawf,lawful, drinking in gold cups, men wearing silk and musical interuments" thats what i remember from the hadith.

(nasheed -islamic songs should not containg music otherwise its not the nasheed that was at the time of the Prophet Muhammed SAW- muslims attend to think that because its islamic song its halah even though it contains music but this is wrong for it contradict that hadith of the prophet SAW)

i have not heard or read a hadith that address the issue of movies however in my opinion i think that movies are not good but not haram for it can cause fitna and you just need to be careful what you watch because your eyes will be called to witness against you on the day of judgment.

sorry if this does not make sense and if any one thinks that i'm wrong and have proff please inchallah let me know i will really be thankful.

i hope this has help you answer your question
salam and take care.