MUSLIM DAY PARADE

tajuldeen

Sister
:salam2:
Just letting everybody know that this Sunday the 12th of October is the Annual Muslim Day Parade in manhattan, NY.
I recommend that anybody who lives nearby come march with the rest of the Muslims. Its a great way to make others aware of our presence in the US and also shows this Ummah's unity. We'll be marching together under the banner of Islam...

helpinghumanity

:wasalam:

Thanks for the informing us about the parade.....If Allah wills i will be there

Last time i invited some of them to the Pakistan day parade n it created a big fuss here on tti. lol

gr8badhshah

Reply to helping humanity

Assalamu Alaikum,

Brother helping humanity,

Not really hurting you. Love of land is a basic human quality. [For example, I get a good feeling when some one talks that India is a good country.]

But, Islam came and liberated us from all these mental barriers, where unitedly we need to hold the banner "La Ilaha Illallah, Muhammadur Rasoolullah!" Islam came removed all the tribal divisions and unites as one tribe that is Bani Adam.

So, what we should be doing is the energy, money and time that we have enough to make Pakistan parade or any other parade, must be invested in Islam as one Ummah. This includes the energy that we spend in fighting among ourselves too, in trivial issues.

Actually, I did not want to hurt you. But, I feel that people are letting something in, which is going to be loved and respected more than Allah. For example, in an Olympics event, a Muslim crying with tears seeing an Indian flag "Oh! My India..!!". This is Shirk, idol worship too (which is not necessary to be bowing in front of flag).

Jazak Allah:shake:,
Badhshah

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: i did not know there was a Muslim Day Parade in NYC, how many years does it date back? it has been 11 years since i lived in new york.

i hope that you have a wonderful turnout and a chance for dawa and that the weather is nice for the occasion :)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Brother Tajuldeen, October 13 is on Monday, not Sunday, and that's when it's Christopher Columbus Day (?)

Can you PLEASE find the right date brother, I REALLY want to go to the parade.

Waite, we're all going to march, right? Or are we just going to stand back and watch other Muslims marching?

I wish I could tell the six Bangladeshi Senior brothers at my Highschool, I know they'd LOVE to go, and then maybe some other brothers from my masjid too, Inshallah.

Actually, I'm trying to go for a Mushwarah today in Pescatoway with my Uncle. If I see anyone, then Inshallah I can spread the news.

It's important that all of us Muslims get together and show everyone the whole mass of Muslims, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Indians, Arabeyans, Africans, African Americans, White, Circassion, etc. ; and then they can see how it's like when all of us unite together, and that'd make them see something differant about Muslims and Islam, Inshallah, and from this, then maybe they'd start being interested to know more about Islam, and it'd be like Dawah to them, actions speak louder than words.

But if only someone had a video camera too. :D

Do you have one brother Zahid? LoL just checking. Maybe then we could put it on YouTube. *nods head at idea*

And if I knew about this earlier, then I could've told a lot of the Muslim brothers at my Highschool and then they could spread the news about it, and then ALL of us could've came, by the Will of Allah Ta Alla. And by his Will, this shall work.

tajuldeen

Sister
Brother Tajuldeen, October 13 is on Monday, not Sunday, and that's when it's Christopher Columbus Day (?)

Can you PLEASE find the right date brother, I REALLY want to go to the parade.

Waite, we're all going to march, right? Or are we just going to stand back and watch other Muslims marching?

I wish I could tell the six Bangladeshi Senior brothers at my Highschool, I know they'd LOVE to go, and then maybe some other brothers from my masjid too, Inshallah.

Actually, I'm trying to go for a Mushwarah today in Pescatoway with my Uncle. If I see anyone, then Inshallah I can spread the news.

It's important that all of us Muslims get together and show everyone the whole mass of Muslims, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Indians, Arabeyans, Africans, African Americans, White, Circassion, etc. ; and then they can see how it's like when all of us unite together, and that'd make them see something differant about Muslims and Islam, Inshallah, and from this, then maybe they'd start being interested to know more about Islam, and it'd be like Dawah to them, actions speak louder than words.

Do you have one brother Zahid? LoL just checking. Maybe then we could put it on YouTube. *nods head at idea*

And if I knew about this earlier, then I could've told a lot of the Muslim brothers at my Highschool and then they could spread the news about it, and then ALL of us could've came, by the Will of Allah Ta Alla. And by his Will, this shall work.

Actually I'm a sr :hijabi:,
and My apologies The parade is on SUNDAY OCTOBER 12, 2008
and yes we're all going to march so get the sneakers ready LOL

tajuldeen

Sister
:salam2: i did not know there was a Muslim Day Parade in NYC, how many years does it date back? it has been 11 years since i lived in new york.

i hope that you have a wonderful turnout and a chance for dawa and that the weather is nice for the occasion :)

This is the 23rd Annual Muslim Day Parade!
:ma:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

yeah, the parade has been going on from some time now. there are always people that feel that we muslims shouldn't have a parade. that's most of what you'll see on the news about it. nothing is ever positive. there were people complaining that the empire state building was lit green for honor of EID-UL-FITR. it's a shame that almost anything islamic has to be protested these days.

kami_ch2009

we are the muslim

we are the muslim. we should to live togatther. we should slove the problem our muslim brother and we should die at on our religen
it my massage kamiiiiiiiiiiiii

cmelbouzaidi

keep the thread going so we get more responses from participants from nyc :) it is very important, you know there will be morons out there protesting the parade! i already saw some blogs of protestors when i googled the event.... something to do with it falling on the anniversary of the us cole navy ship bombed off the coast of yemen some time ago.....

nyc muslims, ppppplllllleeeeeaaaassse represent and hold your heads high and shine with the light of Islam, don't miss this occasion for dawa, Insha Allah.

cmelbouzaidi

reminder!

i hope new york muslims will be out representing our deen tomorrow and making dawa. come on nyc, you are so quiet! i hope it goes very well and look forward to a full report, Insha Allah.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum asalaam,

I don't understand this? I don't want to offend anyone but the idea of having a parade/march every year seems like an innovation.
We had Muslims doing this in a city near me on the Prophet's (s.a.w) birthday, now that happens every year and the kaffir actually like it.
I am obvously all up for giving da'wah and promoting the pure message of al-islam but this seems over the top, as Muslims we shouldnt need to go and parade in front of the kaffir to unite us.

As-salaamu'alaikum.

helpinghumanity

:wasalam: brother HASIB...

I gave away my camera to one of my friends like 2-3 days ago. However i will try my best to get one by tonight.....if i am unable to get one then...my cell will do the job ...I can make a video for about 2 hours in my cellphone......

To be honest with you,,, you gonna see alot of people on nationalistic parade (paki, bengali etc). However when these parades arrive you don't see much public WHICH BOTHERS ME ALOT.

However its like 5.30pm....i'll give my friends a call to see if they can come tomorrow... whether they come or not i'll be there...and i already know wht i'll be wearing...lol....

I think instead to watching Muslims marching ..we should be involved in marching ..

ok wassalam..i don't have enough time and i have to persuade people to come tomorow..if i knew about it earlier that would be awsome..however i am gonna try my best

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
:wasalam: brother HASIB...

I gave away my camera to one of my friends like 2-3 days ago. However i will try my best to get one by tonight.....if i am unable to get one then...my cell will do the job ...I can make a video for about 2 hours in my cellphone......

To be honest with you,,, you gonna see alot of people on nationalistic parade (paki, bengali etc). However when these parades arrive you don't see much public WHICH BOTHERS ME ALOT.

However its like 5.30pm....i'll give my friends a call to see if they can come tomorrow... whether they come or not i'll be there...and i already know wht i'll be wearing...lol....

I think instead to watching Muslims marching ..we should be involved in marching ..

ok wassalam..i don't have enough time and i have to persuade people to come tomorow..if i knew about it earlier that would be awsome..however i am gonna try my best
Yeah Bhai I understand what you mean. LoL.

But Allah Ta Alla shall plan how this shall all work. And Whatever happens is what he wants to happen. If we suceed then All Praise is due to Allah Ta Alla, and when what happens otherwise, Allah Ta Alla is the settler of affairs, and to him belongs all power, might, and praise.

But maybe if I can tell my Pakistani Uncle, and then if I can tell my Halla, then maybe she or her duaghters (LoL, they're so proud Muslimahs, Mashallah, especially the little one, my "Chutu Baji," LoL. She's like a cousin to me, and she was SO happy to see the balloons I got for her on Friday for her birthday (actually, her Birthday was on Tuesday, but I think that her Aunts might have been there at her house, so MASHALLAH I un-intentionally got them for Driday, because I thought her Birthday was on the 10nth, but it was otherwise. :D And Allah Ta Alla is the Bestower of Affairs!) well anyway,) then maybe they might (MIGHT, if they can sprea news at Saturday night, LoL :rolleyes) then maybe their Uncles or a WHOLE crowd from their Mother's side of the family (Nana, Nani, Hallas,Mamus, Bhais, Bajis (?) etc.) LoL.

But if I knew this earlier like on Thursday, then maybe I could've rounded up "The Muslim Ummah of PCTI," like what one of the leading representing brothers called it, LoL.

There are like 3100 Students, 10-16 Hijabi Sisters (That I know), how many brothers and sisters, Allah Ta Alla Knows (LoL), a few (like maybe four) Pakistani brothers and sisters, like roughly 10-16 Practicing (Or ones who have atleast an ounce of Eman in their hearts) Bangladeshi Brothers and Sisters (< Hijabi Sisters), a whole gang of Palestinian brothers, like three Palestinian brothers that I know (who have Eman), and the other statistics, I don't really know.

But hey, it's worth a shot, right? *answers own question*

And then I could've also spread the news amongst the older Bangladeshi brothers at the masjid.

My Pakistan Uncle made a plan that on a Friday, he'll make a Pizza Party at the masjid and round up all the young brothers. It was so that when he gets all of them together, he'll put the idea out for them about going for Jummah to Teanek on Friday afterschool for those brothers who care about doing Jummah, and like a whole Jamaat of us young brothers. And in some of tthose brothers, like the Pakistani brothers, there are also some of those Bhais who are a Hafez and some who are going for Alim.

But that's going to be later on, it wasn't this Friday. But maybe if some of the Pakistani and the few Afganistani/Pathan (Paakthan, as it is said) brothers came this Friday, then, .......ph waite no forget it.

I was going to think about that I could tell them, and that they'd be able to spread the news amongst their friends, cousins (male ones obviously), and then that be one Jamaat from there.

But oh well, Allah Ta Alla Knows best. And he's the settler of affairs.

Zahid Bhai said:

And your camera can work in High Quality, right Zahid Bhai? Is it the same one you used on the Paksitan Day Parade? I actually didn't see the video. :D Meye Urdu Naheen Bolta, tehe.....at times when my Uncle is talking in Urdu or someone at the masjid, I can just understand what they might be discussing about, and then I can just understand some of it really, can't speak it that much. :D Oh well, time will tell. :)

LoL, what are you planning to wear? Me? My clothes that are from Pakistan, my special white Kufi, and my Rumal around my shoulders. Would've worn a Pagr'ee, but if I don't have one, I'll see if my older Bangladeshi Brother (he's not blood related to me though, we're just brothers, but at heart :)) at the Masjid can lend me his, if he has a black or white one. Or maybe I can get my Pakistani Uncle to get my Indian Uncle (also both of them aren't blood related either, jsut in heart, but Fesabilillah) if he can lend me his hot-looking black one. :D

I guess the tone from my light tan skin might help. :D Also bring Alcohol Free Sunblock/Sunblock Spray too, Bhai. :D I'm scared of burning my face. :D I hope I'm not being obsessed about my looks either, LoL.

But anyway, I hope this'll work out. And if I see you Zahid Bhai, thne I'll talk to you. *nods head* And I'll look better in the parade if my Eman hit it's high peak. Maybe it'll help if I see my little Baji, LoL. :D (Her house is full of Noor. Stepping inside it makes my Eman rise rapidly, it's because they're all so pious, Mashallah.)

But Allah Ta Alla Knows Best.

LoL, what are you going to wear Bhai? Fancy clothes eh? LoL. My clothes are all plain,LoL. :p

Zahid Bhai said:

LoL, who's going to be watching? We're all going to be marching, Inshallah.

And then someone shoulder bring a Hi Def Boom Box and play A Quran Telaawat of Sheikh Ahmed Al Ajmy. :D

But seriously, I think that someone reciting Quran is better than if we all chant.

If no one volunteers then I'll do it, Inshallah. If only this all could've been planned before. But Allah Ta Alla Knows best.

Just listen to these and make sure your Eman is high for tomorrow, Inshallah.

The Long Line of Quran

amaal30

i wish that parade came down to Atlanta Georgia!! Nothing happens over here lol, but have fun anyways!!! :)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
PARADE?
Sorry I think its just immitating non-muslims....

Allah knows best

waaleikum salam

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: i guess the word parade can bring ideas to mind of trumpets, cheerleaders and balloon cartoon characters (!) but i doubt this is the case in today's event! i, personally, think it can be a walk of solidarity, we are muslim and we are not afraid to show it, we are respectable and happy human beings and we walk in the light of Allah. such occasions can be a great chance for dawa and i hope this is the main purpose. also, i would imagine that each year the number of people who reverted to islam participating is growing and i believe this is good for others to observe, too. looking forward to hearing more from those who participate:)

however, i do agree with little brother yusuf1990 that a parade for our beloved prophet's birthday is not something that Mohammed, peace and blessings be upon him, would have wanted at all.