MUSLIM GIRLS/HIJAB

muslimah2010

THERE IS THIS PALESTINIAN GIRL IN MY CLASSES AT SCHOOL SHE IS REALLY NICE AND WE'RE ACTUALLY GOOD FRIENDS BUT I WEAR A HIJAB AND SHE DOESN'T. I KNOW THAT SHE IS A GOOD MUSLIM BECAUSE I AM HER FRIEND BUT SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE SHE IS ASHAMED OF HER RELIGION. THE HIJAB IS SUPPOSED TO SIGNIFY TO EVERYONE THAT YOU ARE A MUSLIM. AND IF SOMEONE DOESN'T WANT TO SHOW THE WHOLE WORLD THAT THEY ARE MUSLIM IT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE OF TWO THINGS THAT THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR RELIGION OR THAT THEY ARE COMPROMISING THEIR RELIGION TO FIT IN WITH THE WEST. I GO TO HIGH SCHOOL I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS AND PEOPLE ACCEPT ME AS I AM I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE HAVE TO COMPROMISE ISLAM TO ASSIMILATE WITH WESTERN SOCIETY. PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY IF YOU DON'T WEAR THE HIJAB YOU CAN BE AS GOOD OF A MUSLIM AS ANYONE WHO DOES. COMPLETELY UNTRUE. HOW CAN YOU BE A GOOD MUSLIM WHEN YOU'RE ASHAMED OF YOUR RELIGION? HOW MANY GIRLS HERE WEAR A HIJAB. IF NOT DO YOU THINK ITS JUSTIFIED AND ARE YOU JUST AS GOOD OF A MUSLIM AS THE MUSLIMS WHO DO WEAR THE HIJAB

I'VE ALSO HEARD THAT TEACHERS TREAT YOU DIFFERENTLY IF YOU WEAR A HIJAB WHICH IS SO UNTRUE I AM ON THE A HONOR ROLL AND I WEAR THE HIJAB. I AM SO SICK OF MY ARAB FRIENDS AND THEIR STUPID EXCUSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS MY HIJAB DOESN'T HOLD ME BACK IT ONLY PUSHES ME FARTHER.

SALAAMA ALEIKUM

Julie1134

wa alaikum salam,
I am a convert to Islam for almost 2 years. I just started to wear the hijab about 2 months ago. The reason I held back was because I was afraid I would be attacked physically in public or my children would be harmed. I am not in an Islamic community and have no mosque or anything.

You should sit and have a talk with your friend and ask her why she does not want to wear hijab and explain to her that this is what Allah (swt) has told us to do. The Quran is perfect and the wisdom of Allah is above all. Make dua for your friend and ask Allah to make it easy for her.

I asked Allah to make wearing hijab easy for me, and alhamdulillah I am proud to wear my hijab! Being like the unbeliever will lead us to destruction. Ask your friend over to your house for the evening. See if you can get her to put on a hijab and tell her how nice it looks on her. Then you can see if she is comfortable to walk down the street with it on. Inshallah she will like it. Salam sis

palestine

Servant of Allah
you are right sister muslimah. it is a shame that girls throw away their hijab. and i know what you're saying. maybe in your school like you said you're on the honor roll and you are treated just fine. but their are those who are treated harshly or differently because they wear hijab. my school is fine, but many times you do get attacked for hijab. dear sister in my school i have many classmates who did a retarded thing. for halloween they wore a hijab took a picture of themselves and put on myspace. well it was actually taken last year. but we muslims found out this year and saw the pictures. me and other girls stood in front of the class who did that and showed her the pic and she denied. so i yelled at her and wouldn't move out of her way. i asked her why she did it- she replied saying "it's not a big deal it was just a joke". what i did next was not a good example of a muslim but she made me mad. i hit her head with a cell phone(no too hard). her and her friend starting running and went into the guidance office. to seek help. so i ran to the main office and showed the principal the picture while they were in the guidance office. well they got in trouble. and they let me go. so yes many incidents like this have happened to me. and never do i let them get away with it, otherwise they'll keep spreading. so sister i suggest you advice your friend. that's what i did with my friend and now she has started wearing the hijab. all in all everything is good. she's a palestinian as you said- reminder her why her sisters in palestine are suffereing. remind her that they are being killed for being a muslim, for wearing the symbolic clothing of a muslim woman. do not yell her but simply tell her the sweetest way possible. i'll pm you sis. salam.

Islamudeen

THERE IS THIS PALESTINIAN GIRL IN MY CLASSES AT SCHOOL SHE IS REALLY NICE AND WE'RE ACTUALLY GOOD FRIENDS BUT I WEAR A HIJAB AND SHE DOESN'T. I KNOW THAT SHE IS A GOOD MUSLIM BECAUSE I AM HER FRIEND BUT SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE SHE IS ASHAMED OF HER RELIGION. THE HIJAB IS SUPPOSED TO SIGNIFY TO EVERYONE THAT YOU ARE A MUSLIM. AND IF SOMEONE DOESN'T WANT TO SHOW THE WHOLE WORLD THAT THEY ARE MUSLIM IT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE OF TWO THINGS THAT THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR RELIGION OR THAT THEY ARE COMPROMISING THEIR RELIGION TO FIT IN WITH THE WEST. I GO TO HIGH SCHOOL I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS AND PEOPLE ACCEPT ME AS I AM I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE HAVE TO COMPROMISE ISLAM TO ASSIMILATE WITH WESTERN SOCIETY. PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY IF YOU DON'T WEAR THE HIJAB YOU CAN BE AS GOOD OF A MUSLIM AS ANYONE WHO DOES. COMPLETELY UNTRUE. HOW CAN YOU BE A GOOD MUSLIM WHEN YOU'RE ASHAMED OF YOUR RELIGION? HOW MANY GIRLS HERE WEAR A HIJAB. IF NOT DO YOU THINK ITS JUSTIFIED AND ARE YOU JUST AS GOOD OF A MUSLIM AS THE MUSLIMS WHO DO WEAR THE HIJAB

I'VE ALSO HEARD THAT TEACHERS TREAT YOU DIFFERENTLY IF YOU WEAR A HIJAB WHICH IS SO UNTRUE I AM ON THE A HONOR ROLL AND I WEAR THE HIJAB. I AM SO SICK OF MY ARAB FRIENDS AND THEIR STUPID EXCUSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS MY HIJAB DOESN'T HOLD ME BACK IT ONLY PUSHES ME FARTHER.

SALAAMA ALEIKUM

Walaikumus salaam Muslimah...

Firstly I would like to say that I understand your point of view completely. I even partly agree with you.

Secondly, are you 100% sure that your friend is ashamed that she is a Muslim? You should sit her down one day and ask her... girl to girl, muslimah to muslimah. Neither of you should judge the other.

Third of all, I'm a niqaabi, Alhamdulillah. And I believe that a girl can be a great Muslim even if she doesn't wear the hijab. That is in a case which she isn't ashamed of it. Only Allah Ta'ala knows what it's our hearts. There are non-hijabis who are so much better than hijabis. Non-hijabis understand that Hijab is a choice and most of them intend on wearing it... whenever they feel ready Imaanwise or whatever their reason is. Some hijabis wear it because they were taught to at a very young age. they dont know why they wear it, and probably don't even want to be wearing it. So it all comes down to our intentions and what our hearts hold. So it's always better to look at ourselves at all times and keep in mind that we need to judge ourselves... take a minute to go over our intentions... and try to refrain from judging others.

Allah(swt) always judges us according to our intentions. He is the only One who has the right to judge anyone. We're humans... we all sin.

Assalaamu Alaikum

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
julie1134, keep a stick under ur dress. If some one attacks u, beat him to hell.

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

I totally agree. There are many dangers out there, not just for the Muslim girl. I wouldnt carry a stick though. Use something smaller and more powerful. Hint Hint.. The PEPPER SPRAY!!

Sister Muslimah2010, I totally understand what you are trying to say.I have very similar friends. I talk to them all the time, but they avoid me for that reason. Our only other choice left is to make dua for them, and hopefully by the will of the Almighty, our duas will get accepted and He will guide them.

Just don't stress. I know you would feel it your responsibilty, I feel the same. Leave it to Allah (SWT) when all else fails.

Assalamualaikum

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

I totally agree. There are many dangers out there, not just for the Muslim girl. I wouldnt carry a stick though. Use something smaller and more powerful. Hint Hint.. The PEPPER SPRAY!!
Pepper Spray is cool ...but illegal in the UK

Theres something called the Farb-Gel-Spray, which isnt half as fun as the pepper spray but still, it leaves the attackers face bright red for around 7 days afterwards, maybe distracts them for a few precious moments giving you a chance to run :D

muhammadin

Dear Sister muslimah,

u r lucky alhamdulillah that u r treated well n u r nt getting any prb wid wearing hijab but thats not in case of everyone

wen i went UK, i was really pleased that girls have freedom to wear hijab n go to school, college or office. But in India, its not that. i possess master degree in human resources management n was workin in an IT company as an HR manager. But was not allowed to wear hijaab. and suppose taking this degree n experience i have, if i go to appear in an interview, i wud definitely not get selected. Or it may possible that i get rejected for interview only. Because here, ppl believe that if u wear hijab, u r narrow minded n u r very much house wife kinda lady. n most of d ppl see terrorist in u

it sounds odd but its true. v just cant get rid of it. n so, u have to go on like that or u just can leave the job for ur own principles.

i strongly believe that if u wear hijab, non muslims attitude changes for u

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Mashaallah! we've got brave sisters over here :). Like one of the sister said we should first understand the value of hijab in ISLAM. Wearing it just due to a mere compulsion or a guardian won't make her set her priorities right. Alhamdulillah whenever i see anyone in hijab. I've this inner satisfaction and i feel proud that there are many true muslimah out there.
About concerning hijab in hindrance for job. Anyways just because of my beard if any company rejects me, then i'll leave that place for sure.. Because no matter in which field or profession we are .. We should be a walking living dawaah for others .. May be that won't help us to get extra bucks or better car .. But inshallah we'll be rewarded.. And that is what matters the most.

Jazakallah khair
p.s. Please forgive my bad language
assalamoalaikum.

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
you are right sister muslimah. it is a shame that girls throw away their hijab. and i know what you're saying. maybe in your school like you said you're on the honor roll and you are treated just fine. but their are those who are treated harshly or differently because they wear hijab. my school is fine, but many times you do get attacked for hijab. dear sister in my school i have many classmates who did a retarded thing. for halloween they wore a hijab took a picture of themselves and put on myspace. well it was actually taken last year. but we muslims found out this year and saw the pictures. me and other girls stood in front of the class who did that and showed her the pic and she denied. so i yelled at her and wouldn't move out of her way. i asked her why she did it- she replied saying "it's not a big deal it was just a joke". what i did next was not a good example of a muslim but she made me mad. i hit her head with a cell phone(no too hard). her and her friend starting running and went into the guidance office. to seek help. so i ran to the main office and showed the principal the picture while they were in the guidance office. well they got in trouble. and they let me go. so yes many incidents like this have happened to me. and never do i let them get away with it, otherwise they'll keep spreading. so sister i suggest you advice your friend. that's what i did with my friend and now she has started wearing the hijab. all in all everything is good. she's a palestinian as you said- reminder her why her sisters in palestine are suffereing. remind her that they are being killed for being a muslim, for wearing the symbolic clothing of a muslim woman. do not yell her but simply tell her the sweetest way possible. i'll pm you sis. salam.

Way to go sis!!!!

Basically give dawah (i.e by strength or speech or duas)

If you can't do the above, improve your Islam and iman and shut everything else ( i.e mouth )

You will be fine insyaallah

Wallahualam