MUSLIM GIRLS/HIJAB

muslimah2010

THERE IS THIS PALESTINIAN GIRL IN MY CLASSES AT SCHOOL SHE IS REALLY NICE AND WE'RE ACTUALLY GOOD FRIENDS BUT I WEAR A HIJAB AND SHE DOESN'T. I KNOW THAT SHE IS A GOOD MUSLIM BECAUSE I AM HER FRIEND BUT SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE SHE IS ASHAMED OF HER RELIGION. THE HIJAB IS SUPPOSED TO SIGNIFY TO EVERYONE THAT YOU ARE A MUSLIM. AND IF SOMEONE DOESN'T WANT TO SHOW THE WHOLE WORLD THAT THEY ARE MUSLIM IT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE OF TWO THINGS THAT THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR RELIGION OR THAT THEY ARE COMPROMISING THEIR RELIGION TO FIT IN WITH THE WEST. I GO TO HIGH SCHOOL I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS AND PEOPLE ACCEPT ME AS I AM I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE HAVE TO COMPROMISE ISLAM TO ASSIMILATE WITH WESTERN SOCIETY. PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY IF YOU DON'T WEAR THE HIJAB YOU CAN BE AS GOOD OF A MUSLIM AS ANYONE WHO DOES. COMPLETELY UNTRUE. HOW CAN YOU BE A GOOD MUSLIM WHEN YOU'RE ASHAMED OF YOUR RELIGION? HOW MANY GIRLS HERE WEAR A HIJAB. IF NOT DO YOU THINK ITS JUSTIFIED AND ARE YOU JUST AS GOOD OF A MUSLIM AS THE MUSLIMS WHO DO WEAR THE HIJAB

I'VE ALSO HEARD THAT TEACHERS TREAT YOU DIFFERENTLY IF YOU WEAR A HIJAB WHICH IS SO UNTRUE I AM ON THE A HONOR ROLL AND I WEAR THE HIJAB. I AM SO SICK OF MY ARAB FRIENDS AND THEIR STUPID EXCUSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS MY HIJAB DOESN'T HOLD ME BACK IT ONLY PUSHES ME FARTHER.

SALAAMA ALEIKUM

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
SAY WHAT???????????????????

Asalam Alakum,

"ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS MY HIJAB DOESN'T HOLD ME BACK IT ONLY PUSHES ME FARTHER."

U GOOOO GIRL, say it as it is....

It is non sense that you get treated differently if you wear a HIJab...Girl i wear a Hijab....and im always on top....no one ever told me i can not do something because of my hijab..or im disliked due to my HIJab...

My hijab is a STATEMENT of my IDENTITY, it is my dignity and my self-esteem, and it is my weapon. Everytime I place the Hijab on my head i feel tranquil and content. I know when others look at me they think its imprisonment, but it is a cover up of my sanctuary and chastity; it is my stronghold and my FREEDOM.

SALAM,

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikoum dear sisters, I have started wearing hijab recently (early this year) but I found Islam some 17 years ago. It is not our place to judge why someone does or does not wear hijab, let us just be the best example we can be. I sincerely believe there are many women who wear hijab for the wrong reasons and many who do not who may be more pious than certain hijabi women.

I, too, feel a sense of tranquility and contentment when I put on my hijab but each Muslim sister has to find her own way and Allah knows best what is in each one's heart :)

Be a good sister to your Palestinian classmate and Insha Allah, one day, she will find it in her heart to wear hijab if that is what Allah has destined for her.

Wassalam

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Sisters I dont want to judge my sisters that don't wear hijab all the time because its not my place. I did not always cover my hair but I did wear apporiate clothing. I never was ashamed but scared I would lose my job which isnt a good excuse and other reasons I know. But Alhumdulilah now I were hijab and if they dont like it they can turn those eyes away. hehe But really I dont think either one is better than the other. Because some sisters cover and still dont do everything right or even close. So my point is everyone has there faults and Inshallah when there Iman gets stronger these things will be easier and easier and easier. Let's make Du'aa for our sisters instead of criticise them.

:tti_sister:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
SAY WHAT???????

Asalam Alakum,

Ur right sister CMEL...(sorry the name is long and i dont remember all the letters) and i get where ur coming from, but why do the girls who dont wear the Hijab always make up excuses....4 what... i have alot of friends who say that they dont wear their hijabs because they are afraid to get into problems with non-Muslim people...I mean come on...where is islam if that is an excuse?

back in the days women used to get whipped and beaten to death 4 wearing a hijab...and they never complained...but now women assume that they will be harrassed..and what not.....

well, whatever.... EVeryone has the right to do as they please...who are we to judge..

oh and what you said sister about girls who wear the hijab are probably less lious than those who do not wear it...I agree...but Still Who are we to judge...

salam,

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
I'VE ALSO HEARD THAT TEACHERS TREAT YOU DIFFERENTLY IF YOU WEAR A HIJAB WHICH IS SO UNTRUE I AM ON THE A HONOR ROLL AND I WEAR THE HIJAB. I AM SO SICK OF MY ARAB FRIENDS AND THEIR STUPID EXCUSES. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS MY HIJAB DOESN'T HOLD ME BACK IT ONLY PUSHES ME FARTHER.

SALAAMA ALEIKUM

You're sick of your "Arab friends and their stupid excuses?"

What does them being Arab have to do with your complaints?

tarannumsamir

as salaamu alaikom wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu.
alhamdulillah,sister am very much impressed with ur replies which r upto the topic.
its very well said WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE.
and atleast the are fulfilling the command of the almighty allah.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
as salaamu alaikom wa rehmatullah wa barakatuhu.
alhamdulillah,sister am very much impressed with ur replies which r upto the topic.
its very well said WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE.
and atleast the are fulfilling the command of the almighty allah.

Asalam Alakum,

Thank u....Ur right at least they are fulfilling Allahs command

(4092) 'Aisha said: Asthma', daughter of Abu Bakr, entered upon the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) wearing thin clothes. The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) turned his attention from her. He said: O Asthma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of the body except this and this, and he pointed to her face and hands. (Note 3523)

Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and God is well acquainted with all that they do.

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their zeenah (charms, or beauty and ornaments) except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their khimar (veils) over their bosoms and not display their zeenah except to their husbands, their fathers .... and that they should not strike their feet so as to draw attention to their hidden zeenah (ornaments). (24:31-32)

O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should draw over themselves their jilbab (outer garments) (when in public); this will be more conducive to their being recognized (as decent women) and not harassed. But God is indeed oft-forgiving, most merciful. (33:59)

And know that women advanced in years, who no longer feel any sexual desire incur no sin if they discard their thiyab (outer garments), provided they do not aim at a showy display of their zeenah (charms or beauty). But it is better for them to abstain (from this); and God is all-hearing, all-knowing. (24:60)

salam,

muslimah2010

by arab i mean the majority of my muslim friends that don't wear the hijab are arab. and those who do wear the hijab are from north africa, indonesia. and pakistan....... those girls tend to have the most excuses and those of you who are Offended by the comment are probably arab too. i have nothing against arabs just telling the story the way it went down.

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
by arab i mean the majority of my muslim friends that don't wear the hijab are arab. and those who do wear the hijab are from north africa, indonesia. and pakistan....... those girls tend to have the most excuses and those of you who are Offended by the comment are probably arab too. i have nothing against arabs just telling the story the way it went down.

What the heck is your problem?

What do you mean "those of you who are offended by the comment are probably arab too?" Of course Arabs are going to get offended by what you're saying--what you said was offensive to ARABS.

I find it ironic that you're trying to preach islamic values when you seem to be horrible at them yourself. Fix your own flawed character before you try to fix others.

And yes, I am Arab (although I'm Libyan, so technically I'm also North African, so what you said about Arabs not covering their hair, and North Africans covering their hair, doesn't really make sense...), I cover my hair, and I know very few Arab women who don't.

And I agree that there's no excuse for not covering it, but there's also no excuse for your behavior.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
by arab i mean the majority of my muslim friends that don't wear the hijab are arab. and those who do wear the hijab are from north africa, indonesia. and pakistan....... those girls tend to have the most excuses, but thats an isolated case and my small groups of freinds is not a reflection of the entire planet, and those of you who are Offended by the comment are probably arab too. i have nothing against arabs just telling the story the way it went down.

You didnt need the bit in bold, and could have done with the bit in blue maybe?

Khayr inshaAllah, I think thats what you meant.

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Salam

sis i have started wearing hijab, and yes things have changed since i started wearing it. BUT only for the better alhmadoullillah. and it was my decission to wear it. so insha allah ur friend will wear it when she is ready. soplease do not use that arab vs muslim thing. not all arabs are muslims. the only thing you should do as a good friend, is to pray for her or do dua, and ask for hidaja forgivness.
salam wa rahmat allah wa barakatou:)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
SAY WHAT???????

Asalam Alakum,

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL,
The whole time im trying to defend u, thinking u did make a mistake with the Arab Vs. Muslim thing.

U know ur comment did offend alot of people, maybe u should have worded it a little differently. Or u could have at least went with my flow that u did make a mistake instead of upsetting more people.

Allah yihdi Aljamee3,

P.s I am 100% Arab, however there are many arabs who are non-Muslim, so actually there is a difference between Arab and Muslim. An Arab doesnt have to wear a HIjab however, a MUSLIM does. And if ur friend is an Arab and a non-Muslim who cares whether she wears it or not, but if shes an Arab and a MUSLIM than it is Mandatory 4 her to wear it. U C the difference sister.

Salam,

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum,

Suhaila I apologize 4 anything i said before, i didnt mean to make it seem like u were wrong about the "Arab" thing, i really thought she meant to say MUSLIMS.

Once again my apologies dear,

:tti_sister:May Allah forgive us ALL

salam,

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
Asalam Alakum,

Suhaila I apologize 4 anything i said before, i didnt mean to make it seem like u were wrong about the "Arab" thing, i really thought she meant to say MUSLIMS.

Once again my apologies dear,

:tti_sister:May Allah forgive us ALL

salam,

Its fine, I wasn't offended by what you said.

Sophie

Asalamu Alaykum

:salam2: I live in Jordan. When I go to the city,(I live in a small village)I see girls wearing hijab,but also wearing tight shirts and jeans.It amazes me..why they cover their head,yet show so much of their bodies. But as someone else said,it's not my place to judge.:hijabi: