Muslim reverts do u feel the pressure?

Mixedup

Hi brothers & sisters

just wanting to air my self before I crack up & force anymore smiles!!!!

As a newbie revert (12 days) and probably the least knowledgeable person on this site I am getting quite annoyed if not angry with things at the minute.
I know I shouldn't but I am feeling so much pressure at the minute from people.

My friends who are not Muslim are taking the mess and telling me that it will not last!!! For some reason they now think I have a ball & chain and can not even go out with them for tea etc etc and my love of shopping must have somehow come to an end. Also my sense of humour now Muslim must have vanished... So So wierd what people think

Then from Muslims that I know I will be a better Muslim than most because I have reverted and was not just born into Islam.

I'm not been horrible I hope but I cant seem to win. Nobody is just accepting without pressuring me.
On the one hand I been pressured to fail and on the other hand I'm been pressured to be the most perfect Muslim that has ever lived.

Its driving me round the bend!!!!!!aarggghhh

Anyways I am me and I am doing the best I can at the minute (could do better) but I'm trying. No way will I ever give Islam up no matter how hard things are but then although I would love to be the best ever Muslim I know I will not as I am not perfect(who is????)

I know my brothers and sisters here are so supportive and this is the reason I am remaining sain.
Has any body else had this situation???if so any advice pleaseeeeeee

Well glad to get that of my chest feeling better already lol

Jo

yusuf_pal

Salaam

Life as a revert, in the beginning, can be tough.

Keep in mind that you follow the true guidance of your Lord.

Nothing else matters.

Inshaallah you will overcome all problems.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Sister, my advice is that you take it nice and easy. Nothing ever happens over night even if you stay awake all night. :)

With time Insha'Allaah (Allaah willing) you will become an excellent Muslimah.

I am not a revert but when you start practising or try to discover more about this religion that you attribute yourself too, you want to become the best. The journey will have suprises and some nasty bumps but we will be making Du'a' that Allaah protect's you.

Try to give Da'wah (calling others to Islaam) to your friends and Insha'Allaah they will see the beauty of the religion or even appreciate Islaam more than they original did. By this I mean, whenever you find something really beautiful in the Qur'aan (an aayah), then share it with them. For example,

He has created the heavens without any pillars that you see, and has set on the earth firm mountains lest it should shake with you. And He has scattered therein moving [living] creatures of all kinds. And We send down water [rain] from the sky, and We cause [plants] of every goodly kind to grow therein.

This is the creation of Allah. So show Me that which those [whom you worship] besides Him have created. Nay, the Zaalimoon [polythiests, wrongdoers and those who do not believe in the Oneness of Allah] are in plain error.

[Qur'aan 31: 10-11]
Again, I reiterate, take it nice easy, you have accepted that there is no god worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is the Final Messenger of Allaah.

Therefore, move on to learning how to pray. You can check here for a step-by-step guide,

http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray

This will take a lot striving but Insha'Allaah you will get there.

May Allaah bestow upon you peace and give you success in this life and the hereafter.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaikum sister,

Yes, the very beginning of your new life as a Muslim can be difficult. I found the first few months involved constant changes, some where hard others easy alhamdulillah.
It is about re-prioritising your life, your main aims in life now are the 5 Pillars of Islam, your goal that you are striving for is Paradise and the One you want to please most is your Creator.
Keep making du'a and be as patient as you can, somethings will take a long time and trust me, there were things I thought could never change but they did. Just trust in Allah and He will ease this Straight Path for you, insha'Allah :)

Wasalaam.

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams Jo

I remember that feeling well! Its been 5 years for me now alhamdulilla. My solution to your problem - stick your fingers in your ears and sing "la la la la la!!" lol....seriously though - don't listen to either of them. Just take everything one step at a time and insha'allah you will be fine. I felt just like you at one point but I soon forgot peole's pressures ( from both sides ) and am now comfortable with how far I have come and still how far I have to go insha'allah. Deep breath - you sound like you are doing just fine alhamdulillah.

Wasalaams

Ashima33

Salaam Sister,

I really know what you're talking about. I reverted about a month ago.

When I told my mother she pretty much said it was a phase. She state that I've always been into whatever's "unconventional" and she was worried I would never find myself. I'm blessed in that since then, we have talked about things and she's much more supportive.

I've been attending a new muslim class, but have kept it pretty low key on the muslim community side. It's VERY overwhelming. I even get overwhelmed by the few muslim friends that I have. My closest one (who was born muslim) actually said to me, "You better not be a better muslim than me." and "I will just die if you wear hijab before me." And these things make me so stressed and uncomfortable... I just want to scream, "just leave me alone and let me do what I'm SUPPOSED to do as a muslim!" It's so frustrating because I'm not even doing anything that extraordinary! I'm just doing what's obligatory right now because that's really all I know so far. I could tell it bothered her that I make all of my prayers. I'm not flaunting this... but when you stay at someone's house... they can kind of tell... But it also makes it hard for me to do what I'm supposed to do around her because I don't want her to think I'm trying to make her feel bad.

ArGH!

So... I just try to keep in mind that these are just HER insecurities and there's really nothing I can do about that. It's so hard sometimes because I truly cherish her friendship and she has been so kind to me...

Apparently... I needed some venting time, too! I hope you know now that you're not alone in this! =)

I think we need to keep in mind that we must trust Allah through these times and just use TTI to vent to each other!!! :SMILY149:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

^ May Allaah make it easy for you. Ameen.

Remember, as you stated, we are all here for each other. Alhamdu'Lillaah.

Insha'Allaah, as we all progress we end up being role model's to those we don't expect. And, Allaah Willing, the sister will follow your example.

May Allaah have mercy on us all. Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

a_stranger

:salam2:
Dear sister though i was born muslem but i understand exactly your feelings ....reliaxe(sorry for bad english) One day i tried to be the best muslem ever lived Itried very hard but i felt that my efforts weren`t enough...... i felt diapointed I lost hope and lost the sweetness of faith .......but AlhamduliAllah i knew that Allah is with unlimited mercy i continued my efforts with more patient and great hope in the mercy of Allah ........we are not angels , sincere hearts helps a lot in our path.......:salah:

Mixedup

Salaam brothers/sisters

Thank you for your kindness and encouragement. ALLAH(swt) so far has made things easy for me. I have no bad issues just annoyances so I count myself blessed.
Your support helps me rationalise things and be grateful for the blessings I have
Bless u all