Muslim women and hairdresser

TiLK

Hello.

Is it allowed for muslim women to go to hairdresser (man), take of her scarf and let him cut her hair?
You know, in many countries (Turkey, and arabic countries as well) its usual that the hair dresser use to be a man. And so he would have to see her without scarf, he would have to touch her hair with hands and so on... Is it allowed?

NOTE: Im not talking about cutting hair to short. I know this isnt recommended by Islam. But generally women use to go to hairdresser to keep their outlook well.

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
ofcourse its not allowed brother , he is a man how can he see her hair but unfortunitly some of islamic countries allow that but in islam its not allowed

TiLK

I though its so. And tell me, how do these women do this? At home? Or they seek women hairdressers only?

TiLKi

Local Stranger
It's not allowed for sure. But some women need to go them. For example I go to man hairdressers because how women hairdressers is worse than men do. I go , I am not covered. I wouldnt go if I had been covered.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
it's haram ahki, she should try 2 find a female or 1 of the sisters @ the masjid or make the attempt 2 do it her self

TiLK

It's not allowed for sure. But some women need to go them. For example I go to man hairdressers because how women hairdressers is worse than men do. I go , I am not covered. I wouldnt go if I had been covered.
Dont you think that the fact, that the performance of man is better than a woman is just too weak reason to do that against your religion?

TiLKi

Local Stranger
absolutely it is so TiLK. I even dont claim that I am good Muslim, anyway. At least I am trying to progress myself.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
g thx... i feel sooooo old now, i just hope osman_93 isn't on watch mode seeing this.... oh the horror!!!!

cmelbouzaidi

dear sister, i think you would be able to find a lady to come to the house to cut your hair if you wear hijab. i know in muslim communities even in USA, they have a special area of the salon closed off for women who wear hijab to get their hair cut, i am not sure how this is done in muslim countries...... good luck and jazak allahu khair.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
dear sister, i think you would be able to find a lady to come to the house to cut your hair if you wear hijab. i know in muslim communities even in USA, they have a special area of the salon closed off for women who wear hijab to get their hair cut, i am not sure how this is done in muslim countries...... good luck and jazak allahu khair.
male not female

Musa abu A'isha

Aussie Muslim
NOTE: Im not talking about cutting hair to short. I know this isnt recommended by Islam. But generally women use to go to hairdresser to keep their outlook well.
There is nothing in Islaam that says it is disliked for a woman to cut her hair short.
There are many cultural practices which dictate this, such as the common idea that a woman's hair may not be cut shorter than to her ears etc.
A woman may cut her hair as short as she likes as long as it does not imitate men, mushriks (polytheists) and it does not culturally imply anything negative. And Allaah knows best!