• My family won't allow it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Asalaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I'd like to post a poll (not very serious) and ask sisters here if they will marry a Revert given the chance. Specifically, I'd like to ask those sisters who were born into a Muslim family and is a practicing Muslim.

By all means, all the other sisters can participate too if they so wish In Shaa Allah.

:)

Safiyah_

i am already married to a (born) muslim but i wouldn't mind if he was a revert
after all have to make the choice to obey Allah subhana wa ta'ala or not. Roots doens't mean you are better then someone else, being a revert doesn't mean you are more serious either. Everyone is the same we are all born the same and will die the same, it's what's in the hearts and only Allah can judge it. That's why HE subhana wa ta'ala gave us salat istikhara

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

There was a similar thread a few years back, if I'm not mistaken.

Most of us I'm sure have no problems marrying a revert. But like any typical marriage barrier, family is usually one of the biggest factor it's quite difficult.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I am not a sister but, if i had a sister or daughter then I would be happy if she married a revert.. although, I would totally grill him, like any other guy.

Nureyni Amir

Walaikum Asalam Warahmatullahi Wabrakatuh
In'sha'allah when i have a daughter i will marry her to a revert if i find him to be pious. But as for me, my dad will not be okay with it although he will probably agree to it without his blessings. And a marriage without the blessing of the parent will not prosperous in some cases.

I will marry a revert if he has same vision with me,worship Allah in right way,and he marry me because Allah not because of me. But,first I'll istikharah if he is 'the right' according Allah's standard :)

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
We've been raised to believe that if someone pious in character and devoted to Deen was among the suitors, and they were rejected, then the consequences of that action would be felt (Sahih Hadeeth). And so, if a revert had these qualities, the Muslim woman falls into the decision-making process of considering it.

I've heard stories where reverts were not accepted into the family, due to family pride and status. And so when asked by the family of the other half why it was so, the family suggested that they accept the new religion because of their willingness to take them on. So the sacred act of marriage is then not built and founded on Islam, but on broken ties of kinship, and most importantly, on the rejection of faith, when in actual fact, the verses of nikaah are based on God-consciousness. SubhanAllah.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
I've heard stories where reverts were not accepted into the family, due to family pride and status.

Salaam sis

I must say here that undoubtedly there are millions of Muslims who do not accept reverts as 'real Muslims'. I've heard stories that in the West the 'white skinned' brothers were totally ignored and not welcomed in some masjids especially in the USA. sad but true.

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

With all due respect brother, I do not see why it is important for you to know our personal opinion.
It is allowed in Islam and that is what matters.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

With all due respect brother, I do not see why it is important for you to know our personal opinions.
It is allowed in Islam and that is what matters.

Wasalaam

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you, it's just a harmless opinion poll. If it's not your cup of tea then I advise you to ignore it. I see that a few others have participated in the poll.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Salaam sis

I must say here that undoubtedly there are millions of Muslims who do not accept reverts as 'real Muslims'. I've heard stories that in the West the 'white skinned' brothers were totally ignored and not welcomed in some masjids especially in the USA. sad but true.

Wa alaykum salaam,

I think these decisions come down to preference and capacity, with the latter being dependant on exposure. And by exposure I mean one's social circles. Some cultures and ethnicities among the Muslim population are accommodating and accepting in this regard, while others feel it outside their comfort zones, and for others almost a threat. All of which are understandable, but some, more legitimate than others.

lioness

Bismillah

Salam alekum wa rahmatullah wa barakeetuh,

Only one think would matter for me, how practising is he.
Deen have to be his way of life.

trudi

i am confused and really upset with some answers. i am a revert so does that mean i am beneath a born muslim as i believe we are all born muslim it is just that then we get our parents religion put onto us so thats why some of us to revert back to ISLAM. i cant believe that some muslims would feel reverts are beneath them and that is totally unislamic..... may ALLAH have mercy on us all....

manal09

Walaikkum Asslaam ...

I'm more than happy to marry a revert, they are the ones who accept faith not as me because my parents taught me and i learnt but they were on the search for truth and was guided by Allah...

It is not the journey but the final destination that matters, if they are to take me to Jannah, why would I refuse?

this does not mean I do not take born ,muslims ina lower level of belief or faith but means I really admire and respect Muslim reverts...

My blog post on new reverts : http://randomthoughtsforim.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-new-journey.html