Muslims-Busy commiting SUICIDE!!!

saidsalla

Assalamu'alaikum, Ikhwan.
The situation in most of Islamic countries (e.g Tunusia,Egypt,etc including my country Nigeria) is no longer favorable. People seem to have had ran out of patience and lost hope of mercifulness from Ar-Raheem(swt). Therefore,going out and commiting SUICIDE. Is it allowed for any Muslim to commit suicide? If NOT,what can a Muslim do when there's too much difficulties? Is there another way out? Please,some Muslims seem to have forgotten!

zainali

its really really sad to see people committing suicide , specially muslims , its completely haram to commit suicide , this life of our is actually is not our its allah's life , we have to obey allah swt commands , we cant just go and end this life , just that we are having some problems in our life ,
have we forgot this life is a test for muslims ? , if we have then let us remind our selfs that its allah's commands that important to us , when we do such thing like committing suicide its like doing what satan is telling us to do , how can we do what satan has asked us to do , so its absolutely haram to commit suicide ,

let just think of more lifely bases , see just think once , when we commit suicide we are not just killing our self alone , we are killing the parents who keep there eyes glued to the door waiting when my son or my daughter will come , as we son or daughter are peace of eyes to them , when we come they might not say much but when they see's us they have some kind of happiness in there heart and just imagine when we dont turn up on that door , what kind of feeling they might be getting , we might die once by commiting suicide but they die each and every minute worrying for us hope what must have happened to us , are they ok , and praying limitless oh allah plz send them safe and sound and when they here there son or daughter is dead , can we imagine what will happen to them , how will they like with the fact that there daughter or son is no longer with , waking up each day and thinking same that piece of our heart is no more ,

do we thinking about all these before committing suicide ???

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Ruling on committing suicide because of depression

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Suicide is a major sin, and the one who does that is faced with a warning of eternity in the Fire of Hell, where Allaah will punish him with the means that he used to commit suicide. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be throwing himself down in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron will have that iron in his hand, thrusting it into his belly in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5442) and Muslim (109),

It was narrated from Thaabit ibn Dahhaak (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever kills himself with something will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5700) and Muslim (110).

It was narrated that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man among those who came before you was wounded. He panicked and took a knife and cut his hand, and the bleeding did not stop until he died. Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, said: ‘My slave hastened his death; I have forbidden Paradise to him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3276) and Muslim (113).

The believer has to be patient and to seek the help of Allaah, may He be exalted, and understand that no matter what hardship befalls him in this world -- no matter how severe it is -- the punishment of the Hereafter is worse than it. It is not acceptable according to anyone who is of right mind to run away from the heat of the desert and throw himself into the fire. How can he flee from temporary hardship and difficulty -- which inevitably will come to an end -- to an eternal punishment which has no end?
The Muslim should ponder and realise that he is not the only one in this world who is affected by calamity and hardship. Calamities befell the greatest of mankind, namely the Prophets, Messengers and the righteous. They also befell the worst of mankind, namely the disbelievers and atheists.

Calamity is part of the natural order of things and hardly anyone is safe from it.

If the believer handles it well and is patient, and it becomes a means that makes him turn back to Allaah and strive hard in worship and righteous deeds, then the calamity will have been good for him and will be expiation for his sins, and perhaps he will meet Allaah with no burden of sin.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “No pain, hardship, sickness or grief befalls a believer, not even worry that befalls him, but some of his bad deeds will be expiated.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5642) and Muslim (2573).

Al-Tirmidhi (2399) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Calamities will continue to befall believing men and women in themselves, their children and their wealth, until they meet Allaah with no burden of sin.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah (2280).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

saidsalla

JAZAKUMULLAHU KHAIRA.

SALAM,
These articles are very obvious for me and for the rest of Muslims that committing suicide is not only Haram,but is also dangerous! Because the burden of sin is not for this world alone but for the next world. May Allah guide us His right path,Ameen. Wassalam.

OoOWandererOoO

Don't believe everything, when you hear stuff like this, especially if it [this news] is coming from kuffars, munafiqueen, or the fasiqs.

There is indeed a plot that the kuffars are trying/working so hard to complete or accomplish, but Allaah too is Planning and He is the Best of Planners.

30. And (remember) when the disbelievers plotted against you (O Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam)) to imprison you, or to kill you, or to get you out (from your home, i.e. Makkah); they were plotting and Allah too was planning, and Allah is the Best of the planners.
[Surah Anfal Ayah 30]

46. Indeed, they planned their plot, and their plot was with Allâh, though their plot was a great (one, still) it would never be able to remove the mountains (real mountains or the Islâmic law) from their places (as it is of no importance) [Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Vol. 2, Page 597]. [It is said by some interpreters regarding this Verse that the Quraish pagans plotted against Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam to kill him but they failed and were unable to carry out their plot which they plotted].[Surah Ibra'him Ayah 46]

Linkgx1

Yeah, I was looking at the news about it. The problem is, there isn't a lot of violence to call for it. I can understand people don't like him, but no one is worth my life. I've disagreed with many presidents, but they have to account for what they do.

abdul-aziz

Assalamu'alaikum, Ikhwan.
The situation in most of Islamic countries (e.g Tunusia,Egypt,etc including my country Nigeria) is no longer favorable. People seem to have had ran out of patience and lost hope of mercifulness from Ar-Raheem(swt). Therefore,going out and commiting SUICIDE. Is it allowed for any Muslim to commit suicide? If NOT,what can a Muslim do when there's too much difficulties? Is there another way out? Please,some Muslims seem to have forgotten!

:salam2:

I just want to state 1 quick note about this.

There is a lot of muslims who suffer mental illness, just like any other place on earth and any other non believer.

So when you see these actions you must keep that in mind.

I am not justifying their actions in anyway. But media doesn't disclose if there were any findings that support this notion.

just some of my observations and thoughts.

wa Allah ya'lam

suicide is never accepted in Islam, a mental person should be treated and cared for also preventing harm to him or her self and others.

:wasalam:

saidsalla

U are right

All u said is right. But u know that really happens especially few months ago. May Allah guide us,ameen.

Parvaiz

:salam2:
The bigger problem is Muslims killing their own brother and sisters which s even bigger sin that committing suicide.One of the verse of the Qur'an states.
Killing a single human being even if its not Muslim for no reason its as though as he has killed whole of the humanity
1 day ago ro so i was watching news i saw a mini bus came into the crowd and ran over people ,i don't understand where are their religion Islam isn't the religion of praying only it is a mean of complete lifestyle.May Allah protect Muslims.