MUSLIMS LIVING IN CHINA

whitesmoke

SALAAM,
I HAVE TO GO TO CHINA FOR MY BUSINESS PURPOSE AND I HAVE TO STAY IN CHINA FOR 4-5 YEARS ,HERE I AVE SEEN A LARGE NUMBER OF MUSLIMS WHO PRAY BUT HAVE NOT MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM ,THEY SAY THAT THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO SEND TO THEIR AREA TO STUDY ABOUT ISLAM EVEN CAN NOT SEND THEM TO LOCAL SCHOOL FOR OTHER BASIC EDUCATION AND CAN NOT GOT TO HAIJ ,BECAUSE EACH PERSON HAVE TO GIVE 60,000 RMB WHICH IN DOLLAR IS 8,955$ WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE .
AND ALSO ONE PROBLEM WHICH THEY SAY IS FOR TRANSLATION FROM ARABIC TO CHINESE IS VERY DIFFICULT SO THAT'S THE REASON THEY DO NOT HAVE MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM.
YOUR COMMENTS ON IT .
SALAAM

Almeftah

السلام عليكم

Great issue Whitesmoke.. I'v been hearing about this alot.

Unfortunately, unlike christians, We as Muslim countries or Muslim-Born people arent doing our duty in spreading Islam.

An arab friend of mine told me once about this time when he went to china, and a muslim chinese man told him: " where were you all those years when we havent even heard about Islam?".

And i'm sure its not just china..
Our governments dont care much about spreading islam, Nor will they support those who do. All they care about is Economy and Politics.

If i could i would pay for people from around the world to come and learn all about Islam. And send scholars to those who cant come.

Roby Rahman

Asalamualaikum

Alhamdulilah we have our Chinese brothers to help the muslim population grow. Inshallah they will be guided on the right path and I will make dua for the whole muslim ummah that we receive hidayat from Allah subahanalawa tala. Ameen. :wasalam:

ed209

Well, a nice thread. im always glad to read any thread concerning the condition of muslims in my country. As a newly convert, i dont know much about the condition of common muslim Chinese, but i think the space to spread Islam in my country is limited. The communist party holds the country. What's more, just as this bro mention, we lack of essential knowledge about Islam, at the same time, many among us r "secularized" under the pressure of materialism. Anyway, i think to improve the educational standard is a feasible solution. im planning to be a volunteer teacher in some remote provinces for our little muslim children, after, or before, inshaAllah, my Master study. So my brothers and sisters, u dont need to do too much, just plz pay more attention to Chinese muslims, at least in this forum. And i'll be gladest to offer useful information as much as i can. :)

khansahil

asalamalikum

well ur right as im from chinese country HONG KONG<< it is a city near china i am nt chinese my parents r paki but was born in chinese city n knw abut chinese culture as i no quite much ...... honestly i met many chinese friends asked me sumthing abut religion but i had sum diffculty in language cuz it is v hard n da translatein i dunt understand there r many chinese muslims in hong kong i mean hk citizen there names r muslim names but wen u ask them pray they will say there father or grand father used to pray no islamic knowledge allah guide us to the right path

tolgatemur

Dear White Smoke,

I am turk from Turkey. i know there is a muslim society called Uygurs who re turkis tribe speaking very different accent of turkish i can hardly understand. They live on the north side of Chine. May be you mean them. I dont know if there re a big society among chinesse people.

Those Uygurs re muslim people for long time not a new thing for them to be called muslim.

Translation from Arabic to chinese should be very difficult because of grammar structure . but it is not impossible. To give an example Turkish and Arabic languages re gramaticaly far different languages turkish is belong to Altay family group which include Korean Japanesse languages too, but translation is not impossible from Arabic to Turkish. Many people learn their religion from the translations.

Probably you ll think about if there re words matching the meaning of arabic words. There must be of course.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
SALAAM,
I HAVE TO GO TO CHINA FOR MY BUSINESS PURPOSE AND I HAVE TO STAY IN CHINA FOR 4-5 YEARS ,HERE I AVE SEEN A LARGE NUMBER OF MUSLIMS WHO PRAY BUT HAVE NOT MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM ,THEY SAY THAT THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO SEND TO THEIR AREA TO STUDY ABOUT ISLAM EVEN CAN NOT SEND THEM TO LOCAL SCHOOL FOR OTHER BASIC EDUCATION AND CAN NOT GOT TO HAIJ ,BECAUSE EACH PERSON HAVE TO GIVE 60,000 RMB WHICH IN DOLLAR IS 8,955$ WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE .
AND ALSO ONE PROBLEM WHICH THEY SAY IS FOR TRANSLATION FROM ARABIC TO CHINESE IS VERY DIFFICULT SO THAT'S THE REASON THEY DO NOT HAVE MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM.
YOUR COMMENTS ON IT .
SALAAM

what's interesting is that china has 60 million muslims living there. you would think that they would be living with relative ease, but with a population of over 1 billion people, they're actually a small minority. let's pray for the muslims in china, that ALLAH SWT make thing easy for them.
:wasalam:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
السلام عليكم

Great issue Whitesmoke.. I'v been hearing about this alot.

Unfortunately, unlike christians, We as Muslim countries or Muslim-Born people arent doing our duty in spreading Islam.

An arab friend of mine told me once about this time when he went to china, and a muslim chinese man told him: " where were you all those years when we havent even heard about Islam?".

And i'm sure its not just china..
Our governments dont care much about spreading islam, Nor will they support those who do. All they care about is Economy and Politics.

If i could i would pay for people from around the world to come and learn all about Islam. And send scholars to those who cant come.

:salam2:

you're right about saying that the muslim world is not doing enough in order to promote islam.

the real problem in my opinion, regarding the muslim nations failure to promote islam and islamic culture is due to the fact that most of the muslim world has been under western colonialism at one time or another. the muslim lands then gain independence and the leaders then want to have all the powers and desire that their kuffar rulers had. that's why we're in the state we are in. we have become so comfortable with the ways of the kuffar that we have given them AL WALAA ( LOYALTY ) and we have given AL BARAA ( ENMITY ) towards are fellow muslims.

:wasalam:

nori suja'i

Assalamu'aleikum,
According to my former economic teacher Ms Maria Ma Meng who is Chinese muslim (she always bringing S'pore tourist to China), the muslim ppl there really in need of a copy of Al-Qur'an and religious books as their gov didnt encourage them learning about religion aspecially Islam. so they only depend on outsiders to bring n donate the Al-Qur'an and religious books to them as their gov are practising communism.
Forgive me for my poor English.