Must I read the entire Surah Al-Khaf?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

Like they say reading Surah Al-Khaf on a Frida is good. So Must I read the whole Surah or just part of it is ok ? And Should I read it before Jumaah Prayers or Can I read it after ? Thx in advance! :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Why are you making Islam more complicated. Read and Understand the Surah Kaif as much as you can and whenever you want, donot read fast inorder to read fastly (at that moment the Qur'an curses you) Read it before the Jummah prayer and understand it as much as long as you can. The Qur'an will not run away from you, but it will be you who will be at work or run away from it. Take your time understanding it. Donot make your life difficult, Read Quran with proper Understanding, Slowly...Slowly, anny time you are free.

The main Issue here is "Understanding". hazrat Umar (R.A), the second khalifa took 10 years to understand the Surah Al-Bakarah...and for others, more than 8 years. So take your time Understanding the Qur'an Slowly and Comfortably, Donot read fastly so that you can be off of it. At such time none of your deed will be accepted, because the Qur'an himself curses you. The word of Allaah Cursing, we muslims don't want that.

What kind of Question is that? "Must I read the entire Surah Al-kaif"? Allaah is not forcing you to read it with force, nor reading it is a pillar of Islam. But Instead Allaah made it as a hidaya for the believers and unbelievers. So that you may Understand it, and what Allaah is asking you too do, and what Allaah is saying, what Allaah will doo. Why Allaah built the universe, why Allaah created the colors of life, life after death, greenery, green trees, solar system, the universe, metal, coal, gold, diamond, water, food, animals, birds, sealife, messengers, prophets, and the Earth. All human Answers are present over their. You should not just read it in Arabic but also in English, so you may Understand "yourself" and the "Creation", The Akhirat, the Judgement and the Jannah. I am not saying to not to read the Quran in Arabic, but also so that you may know what Allaah is saying, What is the beauty of Allaah. We alone find all the Answers in the Qur'an, Spend your time Understand it. People have written books on it. Why people are called "Scholars" becasue they have read the Quran with Understanding, They know what Allaah is saying, thats why their spirituality level and imaan is Clear. All Because of Understanding the Qur'an.

:wasalam:

Akhi...the brother asked about *the timing and the method* to a *Sunnah Moa'akadda*..*specific* to Surat Al-Kahf..and his question is very valid..as he's asking about *the time frame of reading* and *whether or not he has to read the Surah whole*..perhaps he doesn't have free time *lengthy* enough for him to read the Surah in *one sitting*..so he is asking to know what he can do..and perhaps he wants to know if there's a specific time during *the day* that he needs to read during..there's nothing wrong with the question *at all*

Anway..

I found a verdict regarding Surat Al-Kahf on Islam Q&A..but strangely the content of the verdict does not display in English..it only displays in Arabic..perhaps it's a glitch only on my browser?

(here's the link: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10700)

Regardless of the glitch..as far as "the reading time" for the Surah..

*Friday* begins upon sunset on Thursday..and ends upon sunset on Friday..

Thus you can perform the Sunnah of reading Al-Kahf from:

Sunset on Thursday until sunset on Friday (which gives you a decent time frame)..

(the information above is taken *from the verdict* that I read through in Arabic..they're not personal estimations or anything like that)

As for reading it whole (or even in parts through-out the day)..I have not found something specifically pertaining to this bit..however..the hadith regarding reading Surat Al-Kahf seems to indicate reading *the surah* (i.e. it doesn't specify read ayahs such and such or read the beginning..read the end..etc.)..to give you an example..here's one narration of the hadith regarding the reading..

"Whoever reads Surat Al-Kahf on Friday, he will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays." [Narrated by al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836]

I hope this will help you..maybe someone else will be lucky enough to find a definite answer to rest of your question

:wasalam:

three17ent

Akhi...the brother asked about *the timing and the method* to a *Sunnah Moa'akadda*..*specific* to Surat Al-Kahf..and his question is very valid..as he's asking about *the time frame of reading* and *whether or not he has to read the Surah whole*..perhaps he doesn't have free time *lengthy* enough for him to read the Surah in *one sitting*..so he is asking to know what he can do..and perhaps he wants to know if there's a specific time during *the day* that he needs to read during..there's nothing wrong with the question *at all*

Salam Walaikum Sister,

Alhamdulilah, we appreciate you offending the brother, That was much needed, I know I couldn't have said it better myself, When I read the question I did think the same way,(as in, he probably just wants to know the how long of a time in a day we have to read this beautiful surah. I don't know why people just take things in a negative way and spits out that energy towards their own fellow muslim brother...:astag:

anyways-Brother, believe me if you keep it up insha allah it will be like second nature to you.
May Allah make it easy for you!

doctor38

:salam2: Brother
Read the entire sura on Friday if you could. Friday starts after sunset on Thursday. If you can't read Arabic read the English translation. If you can't read the whole Sura read the amount you can.