My conversion video

Miss Aaliyah

:salam2:

Just keep persevering, sister. Make dua'a to Allah swt to open their hearts to Islam and explain to them about Islam to your best abilities. Also, if your parents see that you have changed for the better and have started to exhibit some of beautiful mannerisms of Islam, it will Insha'Allah change their mind. In simple words, be a good role model of a muslimah. :)

May Allah swt put barakah in your words and give your parents hidayah. Ameen.

Always remember the narration of Abu Huraira's mother (who was a non-believer who disliked Islam) and then Allah swt granted hidayah to his mother and accepted supplication of Prophet (PBUH). :)

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi

Salam alaykum,
I know but it's not easy when they just compare with the time before I converted when I was depressed and say that this person I am now is worse than I was before and that the good things I did before I have now too. Just no differences they believe except that I am one of the Devil's companions now. Problem is that time after becoming a Muslim really isn't easy, in my family we have suddenly had many accidents which ended up in hospital for the persons I love. A test on my belief I believe, a proof that the angels have left our house because I am a Muslim my parents believe.

Hadica

Assalamu aleikum sister,
May Allah give you sabir( Patience) and overcome this difficulties. I think , no matter what happens, it is for the best( hayir), because it is a test in this life(Dunya). If you be patient, inshAllah you will get rewards in this life and in your next life.I will pray for you( Dua):tti_sister:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salam alaykum,
I know but it's not easy when they just compare with the time before I converted when I was depressed and say that this person I am now is worse than I was before and that the good things I did before I have now too. Just no differences they believe except that I am one of the Devil's companions now. Problem is that time after becoming a Muslim really isn't easy, in my family we have suddenly had many accidents which ended up in hospital for the persons I love. A test on my belief I believe, a proof that the angels have left our house because I am a Muslim my parents believe.

:wasalam: sister,

I know that the situation of reverted brothers and sisters is tough when it comes to relation with their family. As you mentioned earlier, your parent's views on Islam are shaped mostly from the media who tend to often portray Islam negatively. But Alhumdulillah, you are a muslim and when you exhibit the traits of a Muslimah over a long period of time, their perception of Islam will Insha'Allah change.

I know you must have tried explaining about Islam, the belief in prophets (including Isa alleihi salaam) and the concept of monotheism etc. These things would go a long way for them to understand that the religion is not something out of the blue, but it has its own theology, beliefs and practices that go back even before Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Insha'Allah your parents views will be changed soon.

I want to share a beautiful hadeeth with you :)

Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said “Victory comes with patience, and relief comes with anguish, and with hardship comes ease.”
Sahih Al Jami # 6806

May Allah swt grant us all sabr. Ameen

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi