My debate with a atheist

azir111

Audhubillahi minash shaytani rajim , Bismillahir rahmanir raheem

All praise is due to Allah alone and may He sent his salutations to the prophets and the last of all prophets Muhammad saws and his family and his companions Ameen!!

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1)

All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord [] of the 'Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists). The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything). Guide us to the Straight Way. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians). Ameen (The Holly Quran Surah Al Fatiha)

This is my debate with a atheist. After watching my video on youtube " Why we are created and the reason of our existence" he came to me and asked 4 questions, so I replied.

Before you read my answers to the questions of the atheist I need to say that only Allah swt guides, we can not guide, but the person can decide if he wants the guidance or not. Quran is for people who think and pure heart so that they may understand, but anyone who is proud will be ignorant therefore Allah swt will leave him to darkness, so if a disbeliever doesn’t want to understand than how and when will he understand? Never! If their intentions are not to seek guidance than the reward for that by Allah swt is to leave them astray as they are.

From the Amir al-Muminin Abu Hafs 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, radiya'llahu 'anhu, that he said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saying, 'Actions are only by intentions, and every man has only that which he intended…( Bukhari and Muslim)

First, let me ask you a question, A simple question…do you see air? It exists doesn’t it, same as the atoms and molecules in our bodies and in the universe but they do exist, we’re able to see these things trough microscopes only recently. So none knew this until now, and in same way there is a God too, you can not see him now but you will be able to truly know that He is there when the time will be right, and that time that’s right is the Judgment day. Allah left for us “signs” and prophets (pbut) to know that He exists. The signs are everywhere and the biggest sign is the Quran, which is made for pious deep thinkers who seek guidance, not for people who would like to mock with it. Those who’ll want to mock ignorantly over and over again will never see the light! It’s impossible for them to see the light!

Question number one:

Disbeliever –“Why creating human beings while knowing even before creating them that they will become non believers and will go to hell and suffer for eternity?”

Answer:

Notice how he mentioned just hell and not paradise. Why not ask “why create humans at all”?

And I (Allâh) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone). (Quran surah Ad Dhariyat 51:56)

"Verily, we offered the Trust(of free will and obeying God’s commandments) to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared it; but man undertook it." (Quran surah Ahzab 33:72)

Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds. [i.e.those who do good deeds in the most perfect manner, that means to do them (deeds) totally for Allâh's sake and in accordance to the legal ways of the Prophet SAW ].(Quran surah Khaf 18:7)

And if Allâh were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allâh is Ever All¬Seer of His slaves.(Quran Suah Fatir 35:45)

The One Who created life and death to test you, who among you has the better deeds; and He only is the Most Honourable, the Oft Forgiving (Quran surah Mulk 67:2)

That He may recompense those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds. Those, theirs is forgiveness and Rizq Karîm (generous provision, i.e. Paradise). But those who strive against Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) to frustrate them, those, for them will be a severe painful torment.(Quran surah Saba,34:4-5)

First we are created to submit to Allah swt, worship the one and only God(THQ 33:72)and second is that we are in a test life in which we have to work for our hereafter(THQ 18:7).

Let me give you an example:

Imagine you’re drivingin a highway.You see many signs that are there to guide you safely to the direction you need to go. Now there is a speed limit, but you over pass it, you drive much faster than you should, now imagine what will happen plus if it’s rainy. You’ll immediately crash the car, and die. Totally normal. Ask yourself why would that happen? Because you have the free will to do that. Your free will does all that, good or bad, it can lead you to your goal (success) or destroy you. You can choose to be ignorant or to follow the signs. Similarly God guides you with his commandments, but you have the free will and your intellect to choose if to be grateful to Allah so you can be successful or lead yourself to doom in hell by being ignorant.

Man has the ability to choose with his free will to either follow the straight path or deviating from it. He can use his intellect and self awareness to know right from wrong. Before this life test we accepted to obey God with free will even when Allah swt told us what our consequences would be if we don’t(THQ 33:72). Allah swt doesn’t wrong people, it is the people who choose to wrong against themselves.

He, Allah created man with a purpose and gave everything he needs in order to understand why to submit to God alone,, Allah swt didn’t wanted us to be as machines following whatever He orders us without any understanding why. He wanted us to worship Him knowing how Great he is and be grateful to him for His blessings. Still human can choose between submitting and disobeying.

Therefore he created the reward for the disbelievers which is hell and paradise for the believers which is totally just. He gave us time to believe (THQ 35:45), and then we’ll be proved what we deserve in judgment day. Allah swt only wants to distinguish which of us will abuse our free will and which of us will keep the promise we gave(submitting to God with free will)(THQ 34:4-5).

"And if, as is sure, there comes to you guidance from Me, whomsoever follows my guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. But those, who reject Faith and belie our Signs, they shall be companions of Fire, They shall abide therein." (Quran surah Baqarah 2:38-39)

"Say, ‘The Truth is from your Lord’: Let him who will, believe; and let him who will, reject…" (Quran surah Kahf 18:29)

Question number 2:

Disbeliever - “Why creating a belief system as the only requirement to go to heaven why not only good deeds,you said that Allah doesn’t need us it’s we who needs him so why require to be faithful to an invisible diety,why do good deeds.”

Answer :

You don’t see air but it exists, you believe it does, and there is proof, just as there is proof for God and He exists, but you decide to disbelieve cause you don’t see him; If you saw him now you wouldn’t disbelieve("If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then COMPEL mankind, against their will, to believe! (The Noble Quran, 10:99)"

), but Allah swt wants to distinguish believers from disbelievers as I said so in Judgment day we’ll know everyone of us that he exists.

The belief system is necessary once you’ll understand why you are in this world. Once you have love for Allah swt you will have actions, than the good deeds count. The good deeds do not count without faith, without doing them for Allah’s sake, because only faith can produce real pure actions, faith is the belief and intentions, actions count with intentions and the intentions should be that every action is done for Allah’s sake.

I will explain you with an example why:

Consider a baby girl who is raised by a good mother. The mother loves her daughter and raises her in the best way giving her everything she wants. Her daughter now grows up. Becomes an adult, who is able to think and understand, who is able to know what reason is, has free will e.t.c.The mother expects the daughter to be grateful and love her mom, right. Now what happens when the mother asks a glass of water. The daughter gives her the water but with a cold heart, while giving the water to her mother she says to her “die mother” or “I hate you”. Imagine how the mother would feel each time when she asks glass of water like this. It’s about being grateful, and not a need for something. The daughter is very ungrateful and doesn’t love her mom so all the good things she does for her mom would not make the mother pleased She hates her mom, she doesn’t do it with love for her mothers sake. It is very unjust. What she is doing is making a good deed and than slapping her mom on the face (metaphorically speaking).

That’s what a disbeliever does to Allah swt, no matter how many good deeds a disbeliever might do, without faith they wouldn’t count, cause they are “slapping” Allah swt (astagfiruallah) with their evil claim that there is no God or that the Quran is false ignorantly, so they are not doing the good deeds for Allah’s sake.

Their ungratefulness towards Him makes Him not accept their good deeds. Allah swt blessed them with all the best and how do they thank him? With hate towards Him.

Therefore the first compulsory of God’s law is to believe in Him and love Him. Than out of that love actions will come and they would be done with a pure intention, for Allah’s sake, and for that faith Allah swt will reward the believer tremendously. Cause good deeds need to be for Allah’s sake with love towards him and understanding. That’s how a Muslim submits to God with his soul, mind and body.

From the Amir al-Muminin Abu Hafs 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, radiya'llahu 'anhu, that he said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saying, 'Actions are only by intentions, and every man has only that which he intended…( Bukhari and Muslim)

Question number 3

Disbeliever-“Why creating the brother who goes to hell,since God is al Knowing,God knows how bad the bad brother is going to end up, even before creating him, why not just creating the good people and keep them in heaven, the good people who appreciate Allah no matter what, so why even hell is necessary?”

Notice again how he said why hell? Why didn’t he said also why paradise is necessary? Can you see mister how you’re acting? How can you except to open your eyes like that than? Think deep!

I gave the answer already, Allah swt gave man the ability intellect, awareness, logic, wisdom, understanding and the most important thing complete free will to choose whether to obey or not.

Allah swt already created creation that obey him no matter what,24/7 and do not question. This creation are the angels!

( “They, (angels) disobey not, the Commands they receive from God, but do that which they are commanded.” (Quran 66:6) They don’t have free will; they worship God and are pleased with it. They live in paradise. Allah swt is also pleased with them and they’re happy for that. Their main purpose is also to submit totally to God. Meanwhile their job is also to help man, and be witness for or against him, of his deeds.

Man however doesn’t just obey and follow as I said. We’re able to worship God after knowing why to worship him, after understanding His nature, who He really is by looking at His signs. Allah swt gave us enough awareness and intellect for it. By signs I mean the creation like the universe, our planet earth including us our human body, His book the Quran and by realizing how he blessed us so we may be thankful and worship Him.

( In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, there are Signs for people of intelligence (Quran Surah al Imran :190)The Holly Quran explains the will of God and His attributes, in Ayatul Kursi Allah explains us in more details some of His attributes and His will…

as for hell it is necessary because if it didn’t exist than men would sin without any fear and all of us would have been criminals now. Hell is there for the same reason as there is punishment for the criminal in our society. The disbeliever and evil acts are much more horrible in the eyes of Allah swt than those of men. God is pure and unlike anything. (Verily, Allâh is the All¬Knower of the unseen of the heavens and the earth. Verily! He is the All¬Knower of that is in the breasts.(Quran,surah Fatir 35:38)

He gave us limited knowledge to understand His will, He is al Knowing and Knows better than us, and what we need to know He told us already and is enough to be in the straight path.

And these similitudes We put forward for mankind, but none will understand them except those who have knowledge (of Allâh and His Signs).(Quran surah Ankaboot 29:43)

He (God) guides some people while others (the hypocrites) are committed to straying. They have chosen the devils as their masters, instead of God, YET THEY BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE GUIDED. (The Holly Quran 7:30)

Disbelievers have a problem with submitting to God because they have a problem to obey a master. When they hear hell they ignorantly refuse to believe even if God reminds them that it is what they’ll get if they refuse to submit, so their free will is not used for the proper purpose.

Question number 4:

Disbeliever-“Before satan disobeying God satan was loved very much by God,and God knowing even before creating satan how he is gonna end up and what his gonna do in the end satan will be burning in hell and suffer more than anyone so why Allah is unfair to do such a thing?”

My answer:

Notice again how he keeps complaining about hell and never mentions paradise. He forgets the mercy of God.

Allah says:

"I know that which you do not know."(Quran surah Baqara 2:30) Say, “…He has knowledge of every creation.”
(The Holly Quran Surah Ya-Seen, 36 :77-79)

Verily, Allâh is the All¬Knower of the unseen of the heavens and the earth. Verily! He is the All¬Knower of that is in the breasts.(Quran,surah Fatir 35:38)

"And whoever does evil, or wrongs his own soul, but afterwards seeks Allah’s forgiveness, will find Allah is Forgiving, Compassionate."(Qur’an 4:110)

Allah is most merciful and He knows better than us all things, so guidance and mercy comes from Him. All you have to do is seek His mercy and guidance.

I apologize for not explaining clearly about the issue of satan. Satan is a jin and was created with the purpose to worship God. Allah swt created him from smokeless fire not from clay and Allah swt gave him free will because God is most merciful. Anyway as you know fire can be very easily rebellious, you put a small fire in a forest and soon it’ll burn the whole forest. However this is not the reason that made satan to refuse so ignorantly to submit to Allah swt. What allowed him to be proud and rebellious when Allah swt ordered him to prostrate to Adam a.s. was his free will

(And when We said to the angels, 'Bow yourselves to Adam'; so they bowed themselves, save Iblis; he was one of the jinn, and committed ungodliness against his Lord's command. (Qur'an 18:50).

The angels fell down prostrate, everyone except Iblis (Satan) he was arrogant and became one of the disbelievers.] (Saad: 74-75)

The command (or the judgement) is for none but Allâh. He has commanded that you worship none but Him ….Quran surah Yusuf 12:40)

When Allah asked Iblis " What prevented you that you did not prostrate, when I commanded you " Iblis (the Shaytan) replied "I am better than he, you created me of fire, while you created him of clay" (Quran surah Al-A'raf 7:12)

What satan was saying is that he is right and God is wrong, he refused to obey God thinking he knows better than God. His arrogance made God reward satan totally just with hell, God is just also and unlike anything, not a small kid . Say: "It is not for me to change it of my own accord. I follow nothing except what is revealed to me. I fear, were I to disobey my Lord, the punishment of a Dreadful Day." (Surah Yunus: 15)

Than satan said…

He (Iblis) said, "By Your misguidance of me, I will lie in ambush for them on your straight path. Then I will come at them, from in front of them and behind them, from their right and from their left. You will not find most of them thankful." (Surat al-A' raf: 12-17)

Allah said…

He (Allah) said, "Get out of it(of paradise), reviled and driven out. As for those of them who follow you, I will fill up Hell with every one of you." (Surat al-A' raf: 18)

So the purpose of satan now became different, to mislead the ones who have sickness in their hearts. He can never mislead a true believer. That’s what I meant when I said his purpose is to mislead the evil ones.

[The Devil was ever man's deserter.] (Al-Furqan : 29)

...then God confirms His signs - surely, God is All-knowing, All-wise - that He may make what Satan casts a trial for those in whose hearts is sickness... (Qur'an 22:52)

The people who truly believe in Our Signs are those who fall to the ground prostrating when they are reminded of them, and glorify their Lord with praise, and are not arrogant. (Surat as-Sajda: 15)

"Allah makes things clear to you so you will not go astray. Allah has knowledge of all things." (Surat an-Nisa': 176)

So now satan is doomed and everyone else who’ll follow him. Allah didn’t created them for that; He created man and jin to worship him. He gave this command so that they may have a purpose so they may be grateful to Him for all the blessings by submitting to Him. However, whoever obeys satan and not God will dwell in hell until Allah swt wants them to. Totally normal. So why do you insist to be a rebel continually as satan was? Allah swt is al Knowing not you. So don’t ask to be all Knowing cause with that you’re acting like satan than. You think you know better than God and that you are right but look what happened to satan and everyone who followed him. This is where faith comes and where you must put your trust in Allah as a true believer. This is where you prove your faith and gratefulness. He gave us only limited knowledge to understand His will, He is al Knowing and Knows better than us, and what we need to know He told us already and is enough for us to be in the straight path. Don’t think you know, Allah knows better and He is teaching you the truth, so may Allah swt guide us, open our mind and put more love for Allah swt in our hearts ameen.

Allah swt knows best after all everything and I pray for His forgiveness and mercy ameen. All praise be to Allah swt and peace be with you.

And most of them(disbelievers) follow nothing but conjecture. Certainly, conjecture can be of no avail against the truth. Surely, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do.(Quran surah Yunus 10 :36)

…And in Allâh let the believers put their trust.(Quran Surah Tawba 9:51)

Al-Indunisiy

:salam2:

Excuse me, but this does not look like a debate. It is more like a Q&A session. Can you PM me the link to the complete version, please. Thank you.