my feelings of J. Jackson video

Voic

Asalam Alaykum: I'm new to this forum tho im in several forums. a revert from the states living in egypt. I came to this forum by way of the jermaine jackson video. i use the my .01 icon due to the fact of what I seen in this video. I"m sory he may be a use to be famous singer who reverted but I feel he is not setting a good example to any muslim, born or reverted! Men are not to be with women who are not maharam for him. None of those girls were either his wife, mother, sisters, daughters, or grandmother or blood aunts, yet he was living wit them and sleeping in the same room with them. Next he is wearing gold jewerly this is not allowed for a man in Islam, so why is he doign this. I'm sory but I fell he is using Islam as this years fashion. This is not a good way to show Islam in truth and halal manners. :astag:

boupj

Jermaine Jackson may not be a perfect Muslim, but who is. Some people will look at me and say, "Oh but you smoke and Muslims shouldn't smoke." They are very right, and I slso shake hands with men sometimes and one time a kissed a man on the cheek (it's called "la bise" it's the common greeting here in Quebec) Now I'm not trying to point out my flaws, but to criticize anyone as to whetehr or not they beleive is not our place. Everyone does everything in their own time and we all have our own relationship with Allah, besides I watched the Jackson video and I really did see a sense of inner-peace that is very much Islamic, insha'Allah slowly Jermaine will discover how Allah wants him to live and he will follow the rules set out for him by Allah, when he is ready.

ShaheedU

Extinct
I gotta agree with Voic, cos this dude is attracting people to islaam, muslims and non-muslims, Alhamdulillaah.
But people are getting the wrong impression of Islaam from him, and we as muslims cannot encourage and endorse his behaviour.
No-ones perfect but we should conceal our bad deeds and strive to be like the sahabas (or is it sahabi) who followed the sunnah of muhammed(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Raed

Muslim Student
He is good example for showing non-muslim how Muslim has an inner-peace, which can help em to correct thier misconception abt islam, and may be interst to be a muslim or search more about islam... BUT, We have to say that we dont encourage alot of his behavior from what we saw in this video, anyone who become muslim should fully follow the Quran and the Sunnah, not following half of the book... I know that we are human and nobody is perfect, but we must regert our wrong behaviour and try to avoid it next time , and keep on trying till the day we die.... In that way we keep the Fitnah away from Ummah and we dont encourage the sins in islam or make them looking normal...

Wa slam

I mean give the guy a chance, at least in his heart he believes in Allah and the last messenger (s.a.w). You don't become a "perfect" Muslim over night, Allah will make him slowly learn more and more about Islam. I know I use to engage in activities that was haram, but I've learned alhamidulillah to not do it anymore. I am still learning and increasing my awareness inshallah.

Islam is a way of life, and the more you try to learn about it the better your life will become and the more you are pleasing Allah. Thus, there is a reason why there are 7 heavens for different types of people.

walaakum salaam

umm hussain

Asalam Alaykum: I'm new to this forum tho im in several forums. a revert from the states living in egypt. I came to this forum by way of the jermaine jackson video. i use the my .01 icon due to the fact of what I seen in this video. I"m sory he may be a use to be famous singer who reverted but I feel he is not setting a good example to any muslim, born or reverted! Men are not to be with women who are not maharam for him. None of those girls were either his wife, mother, sisters, daughters, or grandmother or blood aunts, yet he was living wit them and sleeping in the same room with them. Next he is wearing gold jewerly this is not allowed for a man in Islam, so why is he doign this. I'm sory but I fell he is using Islam as this years fashion. This is not a good way to show Islam in truth and halal manners. :astag:

I agree with you as muslims we should not go around publicising our sins. There is a hadith that Allah will forgive all sins except someone who publicizes their sins or something to that effect. i do not have it at hand though. Not even a non muslim in their right mind will be seen on bg brother so what about a muslim. That environment is not suitable for anyone.

Jermaine Jackson may not be a perfect Muslim, but who is. Some people will look at me and say, "Oh but you smoke and Muslims shouldn't smoke." They are very right, and I slso shake hands with men sometimes and one time a kissed a man on the cheek (it's called "la bise" it's the common greeting here in Quebec) Now I'm not trying to point out my flaws, but to criticize anyone as to whetehr or not they beleive is not our place. Everyone does everything in their own time and we all have our own relationship with Allah, besides I watched the Jackson video and I really did see a sense of inner-peace that is very much Islamic, insha'Allah slowly Jermaine will discover how Allah wants him to live and he will follow the rules set out for him by Allah, when he is ready.

You do not have to be Islam for 10 or more years to realise that this environment is unislamic, I mean these are the basics of the deen, in mosques men and women are separated, if for whatever reason he had to be with a non mahram woman then at least hide your sins and Allah will hide your sins as well on the day of resurrection.

If a custom contradicts Quran and Sunnah you have to part ways with it as hard as it might be. Shaking hands let alone kissing non mahram men is a definite no no. i have so many things in my culture that are normal but as a muslim have to do away with them. We should do it for the sake of Allah.

I am tired of the excuse that no one is perfect therefore we should keep quiet when someone is openly sinning. As much as we are all not perfect we still have to enjoin good and forbid evil. Someone can say why cut the hand of the thief, no one is perfect. You the person who is cutting the hand of the thief are you also sinless. No but these things have to be done.

If a person comes to Islam they have to come 100%. Of course you can never learn everything in one day but at least make an effort. There are ways for him to give dawah, if it is giving dawah that he is doing.

Because he is publicizing himself he therefore deserves to be talked about publicly as well but at the same time not forgetting to make dua for him and many others because he is still our brother

A

addan

yo

voic i want to now way arab people chage tham salafs
way u guys like to tal other muslims
ifan u name is not muslim name and u want to tal somthing others
i dont understand this
our mabe arab thay see islam religeion of arabs religeion
voic u live in egypt and u want to say j. jackson somthing he doing was bad
see wat is going in egyt.

uzeshan

S.O.A
Well no one is perfect.. but pointing out their mistakes is not good things as well... Whater sin v have mad keep it between Allah SAW n u.. But make sure v repent for so may Allah SAW forgive us.. n try not to commit same sin again.. like other people have mentioned...

May Allah SAW guide and protect us..

Allah knows best