my hobby is halal?

alafil63

Assad the Quiet
Despite the previous post, that give me BAD remembrances of my youth, now before go somewhere and relax my mind, i want ask something:

For many years i liked have an hobby: roleplayng games, like Dungeons and Dragons, and now im an active member on World of Warcraft online RPG, and PC games like Sid Meier Pirates! Call of Duty and other similar single-player games.

Then my ask is this: my hobby is halal? i may continue to have my favoured hobby, even in these fantasy games are portrayed mages and spells? (of course no real magic at all, nor real magic formulas or other forbidden things, who know these things know that are simply images, like Call of Duty PC game-i dont kill real Germans, only pixels)

Of course these games will stay in the proper place, and i have my time for prayers and all usual faith duty: in Ancient Testament is written "there's a time for all" then i take my time for pray and the free extra time for relax and play.

Hoping in a positive reply from the most expert of yours

Salaam

Assad

abdelanas

Muslim warrior
:salam2:
Allah has not stopped you from doing what you want
but my suggestion is that you pray and ask allah what you need
remember there is always something that you need to ask allah even if you can't think of something to ask.
You can still play whichever game you want to play afterwards
:wasalam:

alafil63

Assad the Quiet
i have examined all cases, the only doubt was to 11) but im not a children and i know what is true and what is not. Real life is a thing, and a fantastic world remain under the world of fantasy, like Aladin and the lamp or Ali Baba stories.

About the case depicted on Doom game, i dont see any problem to use futuristic (then not real) weapons like lasers and phasers and kill wandering big bad monsters, that havent any of human.
Also the few real weapons in the game (mg and rifle) maybe in a game will result EASY to use in a GAME-blam! bang! ratatatat! but i challenge anyone to use a real rifle or mg without any proper training:) really impossible, one will be shooted from a real trained enemy before place the shell in the rifle.....

(laugh) in an improbable war i was the one that raise hands at the first shot..., better, BEFORE the first shot...if i was in Lebanon i was be taken prisoner from Jews in a second...no, i'm not a real terrible warrior, oh no.

usually rpg's has a basis in a sort of fantastic Middle age but not historical at all: there are castles, cities, like the XV century but absolutely far from any real city or similarity to real history.

I think my Draenei char is safe:)

Musa abu A'isha

Aussie Muslim
Akhi, these games in themselves are Halaal, but by overplaying we can make them Haraam.
It is true that they won't bring us closer to Allaah, but reading books about Islam or listening to lectures will. This doesn't mean we cannot play them, but it does show us that there are definitely better things to do.

(Se ti stai alenando per combattare, sai che la guerra non è combatato su un computer! Vai al bosco per questo :p )