My husband is not Muslim

Julie1134

Are you near Bowling Green, Lagrange, Lexington or Louisville? There are mosques in all of these towns and they may know of other mosques closer to you.
Salam,
I am not near any of those places. I am more near Huntington, WV and there is a mosque there. It is a 2 hour drive from here.

Jihan

I became Muslim in August, 2006. I have tried to teach my husband about Islam and he always listens. He has not said he wants to be Muslim, but he did say that he believes like a Muslim because he believes that Allah is the only God. He even said he wants one of the men's Islamic outfits with the long shirt, pants, and hat. (Sorry I don't know the correct words for it.) I think he wants to be Muslim, but he has never told me that. Last Ramadhan he fasted a little. I am not sure if he just wanted to try it or he wanted to support me.

I have heard it is haram to be married to a non-Muslim man. I love my husband and I could never divorce him. We have a 3 year old daughter and a baby boy who will be here very soon. He said it is ok to raise the children Muslim. Is it still haram to be married to a non-Muslim man if I am a convert to Islam? Inshallah he will be Muslim one day. I feel in my heart he will accept Islam when he is ready. :tti_sister:

if your husband believes in the one Allah, he wants the children to be raised muslim, and he is making effort to practice the religion... By God!that man is a Muslim! just give him some time, share your knowlege, and pray to God! InshAllah he will come out of his shell.

abobaker

you Can give to him a very good books from here

I became Muslim in August, 2006. I have tried to teach my husband about Islam and he always listens. He has not said he wants to be Muslim, but he did say that he believes like a Muslim because he believes that Allah is the only God. He even said he wants one of the men's Islamic outfits with the long shirt, pants, and hat. (Sorry I don't know the correct words for it.) I think he wants to be Muslim, but he has never told me that. Last Ramadhan he fasted a little. I am not sure if he just wanted to try it or he wanted to support me.

I have heard it is haram to be married to a non-Muslim man. I love my husband and I could never divorce him. We have a 3 year old daughter and a baby boy who will be here very soon. He said it is ok to raise the children Muslim. Is it still haram to be married to a non-Muslim man if I am a convert to Islam? Inshallah he will be Muslim one day. I feel in my heart he will accept Islam when he is ready. :tti_sister:

:salam2:
Asslam Alikum Dear sister
You can chose the best books for your husband directly which illustrate Islam for him download it from here :
http://islamicbooks.4shared.com

or you can request a free hard copies by register here in this group :
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Airmail-freeislamicbooks/
and they will send to your home books by totally free you just tell them you read my post and your situation and they will send it to you directly inshaa Allah .
and I advice you by Dua'aa always in the morning and also in the evening and don't forget Du'aa is Muslim weapon in his life.
Allah give your husband the right way inshaa Allah
thank you very much so
:salam2:

dianne

To Julie,
I'm from muslim moderate country in Malaysia, i know your how you feel in this situations,i have my own opinions as what Islam that ive learned - If were convert to islam and the husband are not- it is automaticly the divorce.because he is not your mahram now,stay with a man which is not mahram with you is haram.I know he is your husband BUT u need to think positively that youre a Muslim now and your husband not.he is your husband when youre still not muslim,Islam is your new religion now,so If your husband want to convert to Islam, you and him must marry under Islam law.
Im not try to being mean but this is what we had learned about Islam and Hukum Hakam.
Thats why Islam being practice to be together about having Islam in a relationships.What were you doing now is Zina,bcoz he is not your husband anymore,he is only the father of your kids.
Maybe your Mazhab is isnt same of what we had in here.We also having the same case of what you heading now.
Guy convert to Islam and his wife is not,it is automaticly divorce,so theyre live separate place until his wife decided to convert and married under Islam law.Unless theyre both together convert to Islam,they no need to remarried.

I pray for you,May Allah open his heart and bright his mind to accept Islam.
Subhanallah.