My mother a new muslima Alhumdulillah

Safiyyah85

My mom a recent shahada Alhumdulillah was married to a kafr before accepting Islam Alhumdulillah, she has divorced him is there a waiting period imposed on her after divorce from him?:hijabi:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum...

i don't have time for proper answer... but you can check www.islam-qa.com

i'm sure they have the answer if you are willing to search around a bit!!

I would find it... but i can't srry! :(

wassalam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Alhamdallah for her conversion, but I have a frown on my face for her divorce...

She should try her best to convert her husband to Islam before going through with the divorce.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Woman who accepts Islam and whose husband is a kaafir​

Question:
If a lady reverts to Islam and is married to a non-Muslim man, must she divorce this man? If he refuses to become a Muslim, can she continue to live with him?

Answer:

All praise be to Allah the Almighty.
If a woman becomes a Muslima and her husband is a kaafir, then it becomes mandatory for her to separate from him and it is not permissible for her to remain with him in his state of shirk (disbelief), as per Allah's injunction (interpretation of the meaning):
"… do not send them back to the disbelievers—they are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful (husbands) for them…" (Al-Mumtahinah 60:10).
It is her duty to invite him to Islam and to attempt to convince him via various approaches in the hope that Allah may accept her efforts and give her the great reward for his guidance through her. The prophet
saws.gif
(peace be upon him) once told Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) when he sent him to a people who were idol-worshippers:
"Invite them to Islam and inform them what is required of them, for (I swear) by Allah, that Allah guides a man through you is better than if you had humr un-na'am (a particular kind of camel which is the most sought-after wealth among the Arabs)" (Al-Bukhari, Fath il-Baari 3009).
As for the course of the marriage, and what she should do if her husband accepts Islam or doesn't, Ibn ul-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy upon him) said: What is indicated by evidence of his
saws.gif
(i.e., the prophet's) ruling is that the marriage is mawqoof, or in abeyance (i.e. suspension); if her husband accepts Islam before the elapsing of her 'iddah (waiting period), then she remains his wife. If her 'iddah elapses then she has the right to marry whom she pleases or if she likes she may wait (in the hope he may still accept Islam). If he then accepts Islam, she becomes his wife without need of renewing the marriage. (Zaad ul-Ma'aad, Vol 5 p.138).
wallahu a'lam. (And Allah the Most Knowledgeable knows what is the most true and correct)

Safiyyah85

Alhamdallah for her conversion, but I have a frown on my face for her divorce...

She should try her best to convert her husband to Islam before going through with the divorce.
He left her because she became muslim. Allah guides those whom he will and leads astray whom he will.

Akilah

I think the waiting period is four months and 10 days before she can re-marry. Is that what you meant by waiting period... or did you mean for the divorce itself?

acedoc

Victory from Allah

Al Quran Chapter 110- AN-NASR
Total Verses: 3
Revealed At: MADINA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

YUSUFALI: When comes the Help of Allah, and Victory.

YUSUFALI: And thou dost see the people enter Allah's Religion in crowds.

Subhan Allah, How HE makes familes, one individual at a time enter the fold of Islam. Allahu Akbar! (Allah is the GREATEST)

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 88, Number 206:
Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman:

The people used to ask Allah's Apostle about the good but I used to ask him about the evil lest I should be overtaken by them. So I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We were living in ignorance and in an (extremely) worst atmosphere, then Allah brought to us this good (i.e., Islam); will there be any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I said, 'Will there be any good after that evil?" He replied, "Yes, but it will be tainted (not pure.)'' I asked, "What will be its taint?" He replied, "(There will be) some people who will guide others not according to my tradition? You will approve of some of their deeds and disapprove of some others." I asked, "Will there be any evil after that good?" He replied, "Yes, (there will be) some people calling at the gates of the (Hell) Fire, and whoever will respond to their call, will be thrown by them into the (Hell) Fire." I said, "O Allah s Apostle! Will you describe them to us?" He said, "They will be from our own people and will speak our language." I said, "What do you order me to do if such a state should take place in my life?" He said, "Stick to the group of Muslims and their Imam (ruler)." I said, "If there is neither a group of Muslims nor an Imam (ruler)?" He said, "Then turn away from all those sects even if you were to bite (eat) the roots of a tree till death overtakes you while you are in that state."

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 6904:
Thauban reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah drew the ends of the world near one another for my sake. And I have seen its eastern and western ends. And the dominion of my Unimah would reach those ends which have been drawn near me and I have been granted the red and the white treasure and I begged my Lord for my Ummah that it should not be destroyed because of famine, nor be dominated by an enemy who is not amongst them to take their lives and destroy them root and branch, and my Lord said: Muhammad, whenever I make a decision, there is none to change it. Well, I grant you for your Ummah that it would not be destroyed by famine and it would not be dominated by an enemy who would not be amongst it and would take their lives and destroy them root and branch even if all the people from the different parts of the world join hands together (for this purpose), but it would be from amongst them, viz. your Ummah, that some people would kill the others or imprison the others.

slave.of.AllahSW

AssalamoAlaikum wr wb,
Allahu Akbar, great news that your mother has reverted to Islam. May Allah swt bless her with best of this world and Akhira. InshaAllah, AAMEEEN!
in this matter sister, it is better to ask a scholar.

Jazakallahu khayrun

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Masha'Allah it is great news that Allah (SWT) has guided her to Islam. Allah (SWT) took care of her affairs when she didn't believe in Him & He will Insha'Allah shower her (& family) with His Mercy now that she has turned to Him as her protector, Saviour & Rabb. However separation is hard on anyone, at any stage & may Allah (SWT) give her patience & forbearence to get through the difficult times...

We are only human and all need help and support specially in difficul times & I am sure that you are mindful of that. Just remember that this may be "your ticket" to Paradise as when you support, console and speak to her not only as a New Muslimah but as your Mother REMEBER,

Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Paradise lies at the feet of mothers"

She has a unique oppurtunity to get closer to Allah by exercising Patience

&

You can get to Paradise by Serving her

So Its an oppurtunity!!!

To the best of my knowledge yes there is Idda' (Waiting Period) due on her as also suggsted by the answer.

Jazakullah Khairun