My muslim friend

tats

Assalam alaykum, My friend owns a pizza shop that is not halal. Hamdallah he prays and he knows whats right and wrong. Im always in his ear that he should make the shop halal. He always tells me that his customers will know and he might go broke. I always tell him that the money u make comes from Allah. Is there anything i can tell him that can change his mind?. Thank you brothers and sisters

cadette

Was salaams

As far as I know, money earned from selling haraam is also haraam. LIke selling Alcohol

Submitter

:salam2:

It should be obvious to your friend that what he is doing is wrong and he should sell only halal meat. You may find this useful:

------------
Question:
Assalamu alikum. I understand that selling haram things are probihibited. If I have a grocery store and I sell soaps, toothpastes etc that contain haram or doubtful ingredients, shall I commit sin?
Thanks.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to sell them because when Allaah forbids a thing He also forbids its price. Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Allaah has cursed the Jews because fat was forbidden to them, but they sold it and took its price. When Allaah forbids something he also forbids its price.’” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 2546).

With regard to doubtful things, it is better not to sell them, so as to be free of any blame, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said. Al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer said: “I heard him saying, ‘I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “What is permitted is clear and what is prohibited is clear, and between them are doubtful things which many people do not know about. Whoever avoids doubtful things will be on the safe side with regard to his religion and his honour, but whoever falls into doubtful things will fall into haraam things.”’” (Reported by Muslim, 2996). And Allaah is the Source of Strength

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=3746
--------------

And see also this:

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=40651

Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I live in a London where there are hundreds of Halal pizza joints. Business is booming for them, as their customers include muslims and non-muslims alike even though they have the word halal cleary displayed. It might be different in the country your friend works in, but your friend should put his faith before business.