My Muslim Veil, need your support

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum brothers and sisters

I need your support.
I have just completed the Second Issue of "My Muslim Veil Magazine", a magazine for Muslim Women of all ages and backgrounds.
www.mymuslimveilmagazine.com
I need your help and support in spreading the word about the magazine and sharing with your friends.
We now ship magazine internationally. Please subscribe. Your subscription helps us to keep this magazine running.
The goal and mission of the magazine is to show the world a beauty of being a Muslim Woman and to clear misconceptions.
We can all make a difference!

Please moderators do not delete this post. I'm not advertising this for my own sake.

Jazakumullahu khairan

waaleikum salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Please please help spread the word. It is a beautiful magazine. The sister has worked hard.

Brothers and sisters I write for the magazine. Trust me if it takes off it will make my burden easier. How else can I put it.

helpinghumanity

assalamu aleikum brothers and sisters

I need your support.
I have just completed the Second Issue of "My Muslim Veil Magazine", a magazine for Muslim Women of all ages and backgrounds.
www.mymuslimveilmagazine.com

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Unfortunately the website is down, therefore i was able to have a look at the contents. If sisters Mehnaz (Aapa) is involved in it then I am pretty sure that it will be a great magazine.

Besides all the great efforts, you will need a great marketing strategy. There are few things that I can suggest and if my help is required in fulfilling those suggestions feel free to contact me.

1) Muslim Student Associations (MSA's)/Muslim student organizations (MSO's), Women in Islam (WII) and Masajids in various states are the backbones. If you can convince them, to subscribe the magazine, then there is no need to go any where. You can convince them by providing incentives

In any business, providing incentives have proven to be very useful. Some of the incentives that I can suggest is

a) Provide one free copy to every MSA/WII/Masjid and ask them for their input and subscription.

b) Give 10% or 20% (choose whatever discount is appropriate) discount to the members of these associations.

c) Talk to the presidents, that for every copy sold, you can keep 30% of the money for the Islamic Activities that your club is organizing etc. In this way we are also supporting your cause.

d) Try to have some distributors in different states (I am only referring to the states in USA). Ask them to market this magazine. Give these distributors some incentives e.g they will get a free copy of magazine or whoever sells more copies will be give $100 gift card etc.

Inshallah I will come back and write more.....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It has nothing to do with me.

It is a beautiful magazine. It is befitting Muslim women. It is youthful. It is glossy. I was quite impressed. And it is needed. It is a gentle touch.

And InshaAllah as the magazine thrives I have ideas that I will share with the sister that will bring blessings upon us.

This is sisterhood at its best.

Son, may Allah reward you for giving the sister ideas. She needs muscle to spread the beauty.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam2:

Dearest sister;
All
for
a
good cause
will not go waste~Insya'allah!

Admire your excellent courage to motivate our ummah~Alhamdulillah.
:mashallah:
Keep up the beautiful work sister,

~May Allah swt help you~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I am curious now. I may have to check it out, to see what is in the mind of the Muslim woman. For research purposes, you understand...

helpinghumanity

Assalaam walaikum,

It has nothing to do with me.

It is a beautiful magazine. It is befitting Muslim women. It is youthful. It is glossy. I was quite impressed. And it is needed. It is a gentle touch.

And InshaAllah as the magazine thrives I have ideas that I will share with the sister that will bring blessings upon us.

This is sisterhood at its best.

Son, may Allah reward you for giving the sister ideas. She needs muscle to spread the beauty.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

I was able to visit the website and I must admit that the work done by the sister is remarkable. Our well wishes and duaas are with her. May Allah give her the strength to continue this project. Ameen

However it is too much for one person to handle. Two hands can only do few things but when joined by other unlimited work can be done. If you have the work force then split the work. Make some teams and just supervise them. Some committees that I can think of are

1) Team responsible for writing the articles ....
2) Team responsible for the over all design and the content layout
3) Team responsible for marketing
4) Team responsible for distribution
5) Team responsible for the future development

etc..

It sounds a lot and indeed its requires a great deal of effort. But let me tell you, once it is set up everything will go smoothly....

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaykum

OMG subhana'Allah beautiful! I am looking for anything to keep me busy, just joined a women's center at my university and surprisingly they also needed someone to help with writing---(blogging mainly) and I am always up for writing! :) Just PMed you so, if you need any help, be sure to contact me. I have deactivated my Facebook, however, I can always tell people about this magazine!

May Allah reward your efforts sister!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I just received my copy of the latest issue. Subhana Allah, It is gorgeous.

Sister, May Allah reward you for the joy you have given me.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Assalaam walaikum,

I just received my copy of the latest issue. Subhana Allah, It is gorgeous.

Sister, May Allah reward you for the joy you have given me.

still waiting for mine... suppose im a little bit further away so may take longer..
Will let you know when the international shipment has been successful. Looking sooooooo forward to it!
Allah bless you all that made it possible!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Health as we define it today is a state of complete physical, psychological, social, and spiritual well-being. Good health is formula to a healthy mind, spirit and body. One important factor for maintaining a healthy lifestyle is choosing our food wisely. The Prophet, peace be upon him, assigned top priority to good health. He instructed us in his hadith: “Ask Allah (Glory to Him, the Exalted) for forgiveness and health, for after being granted certainty, one is given nothing better than health.” (Related in Tirmidhi)

Therefore, it is no wonder that we find in the Qur’an and in the traditions of the Prophet, peace be upon him, many statements which help to protect and promote health.
Eating healthy is not just about staying slim and giving up the foods you love. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle through managing what you eat makes you feel great and leaves you feeling more energized. When we take care of our bodies, it allows us to do the things that take care of our mind with greater ease. It is important for us as Muslims to take care of our health and our bodies, as we will be asked about everything on the day of Judgment.

Attachments

• cover page.jpg
    cover page.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 143

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Three Timeless Lessons from the Life of Khadija(RA)

Faithful Muslim: Although fourteen centuries intervene between the first Muslim woman and Muslim women today, Khadija’s strength of faith is a timeless lesson for all. Imagine for a moment the leap of faith it took for a woman with wealth, position, and lineage to marry Muhammad, a man fifteen years her junior, orphaned, and from a noble, but poor, clan. Materially, the young Muhammad was not able to offer much, but, spiritually, he was, as Martin Lings describes in his famous account of the Prophet’s life, luminous. Khadija saw this light and wanted to partake. When Muhammad rushed home, shivering and shaken, from his encounter with the Archangel Gabriel in the heights of Mecca, saying, “Cover me, cover me,” she did not pepper him with questions, but, instead calmly and quickly brought him his cloak. Once the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, began recounting his momentous experience, confiding in his beloved wife, “I fear that something is happening to me,” (that is, he feared for his sanity and wondered what God intended through sending upon him such an experience), Khadija replied, “Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your family, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones.” (Bukhari) From this moment, the light of faith entered Khadija’s heart and she was convinced that her husband,
Muhammad, was the Messenger of God. Indeed, she was the first person with whom the Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, bowed down in prayer to the One God, Allah the Exalted.

Generous Wife:
read more in the Spring Issue www.mymuslimveilmagazine.com

Attachments

• Depositphotos_4578852_M.jpg
    Depositphotos_4578852_M.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 142

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Depositphotos_1925794_L_650.png
Tips on Raising Children as Muslims.
Author: Aapa
I am going to write on a topic that is probably the cause of more stress for parents in the west than anything else. The subject of raising children as Muslims is one we fear. The big GUILT hits us hard. There must have been a chip implanted in our brains to cause us to constantly avoid this subject. We are instantly aroused with feelings of inadequacy. We allow ourselves to be burdened by shame. We feel, and we feel this automatically, that the children reared by Muslim parents in the East do a better job. I do not know. I live in the West.. read more in the First Issue

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
From Hollywood to Morocco: “My journey to Islam”​
Interview with Ms. Brown, an American Muslim, who reverted to Islam and gave up her home country seeking pleasure of Allah and peace in her new life as a Muslim.
This story is a great inspiration and reminder for each one of us. Look at your journey and ask yourself these questions to remind you that every journey comes to an end. Do you take Islam for granted? Do you struggle to become better? Do you think about the end of your journey and what will be the result?
Hollywood.jpg

read more in the First Issue www.mymuslimveilmagazine.com