My new name

Believer1985

:salam2:
I already posted this in the Sister's area but I suppose I can get some brothers' advice too:
Exciting news: I'm changing my name. I have always hated Saman, nobody can pronounce it anyway and I'm uncertain on its meaning. So, I drew up a list of names that I rather like and I won't mind having any of these as my names. I'm putting it to a vote and I'd like YOUR opinion too!

Medina Holy city of Saudi Arabia
Mina a place near Makkah
Mishael Torch, light
Sarrinah Beautiful, companion of prophet (S.A.W).
Lana to be gentle, soft, tender
Alina Beautiful. Not verified
Malika Queen.
Maya Princess.
Misha Beautiful, Pretty.
Rania Queen.
Selina Moon, Salty.
Leena Plant of dates, soft, mild, clemency.

So.....what do you say?
I like Madina but can I have that as my NAME or is it not allowed?

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

most of the names in the list are quite unusual.:D

about naming Madinah, i never heard anybody's name like that. so not sure.

but i like name "Alina" :)

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
:lol: i agree wid @ahmed_indian...some names are...umm unusual....and some i've never even heard of! :lol:
Um sis why dont u name urself with names of Sahaba(RA) e.g

fatima, sarah, khadija, javaria, amina, sumayya, zainab etc?

Believer1985

Asalam alaikum all,

To be honest I just pulled these off the Internet! I like all your suggestions, so thank you. I still really love Madina! I hope Allah won't mind calling myself that name!

Believer1985

Wow, thank you! I've heard of some English people named Madina too, but I like it for my own reasons.

Im not sure what Saman means. An Imam told me it means "precious" in Arabic but a lady used to know who spoke Arabic fluently said that was wrong. I also saw online that it means jasmine flower. But I dont like it because hardly anyone can pronounce it and I have had people making obscene comments about it and turning it into something rude!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Wow, thank you! I've heard of some English people named Madina too, but I like it for my own reasons.

Im not sure what Saman means. An Imam told me it means "precious" in Arabic but a lady used to know who spoke Arabic fluently said that was wrong. I also saw online that it means jasmine flower. But I dont like it because hardly anyone can pronounce it and I have had people making obscene comments about it and turning it into something rude!

assalamu aleikum
I never heard of those names before .Sometimes when you get names from internet they don't put how its written in arabic and with transliteration its completely wrong sometimes ..
Aleena sounds more European name .
Misha is Russian name for man ,my brothers name :D
Leena is like American name .

My favorite names are Aisha ,Azizah and Aliya :hearts:
also Sarah ,Maryam

waaleikum salam

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
Out of your list i like Alina the best, the others weren't a hit with me. Names other than the ones you listed that i like are Najma (star), Jamila (beautiful), and Hana (i don't know what it means but i like it) :) oh and Hanan but on the net they say its a guys name but i don't know i've seen plenty of girls with that name.