My painful experience

Hiba_Islam

Salamu Alaikum brothers and sisters,

I have graduated last May with an MA in International Business from the Regent's College, London. My struggle strated as I began to look for a career as a graduate trainee.

Some companies woud not even give me a chance even if my both degree grades are a 1st.

Last Tuesday I was shortlisted for an assessment center with Tesco for their Financial Scheme. We had to spend the night in a hotel where all the graduates met as well as the assessors. I was attracting so much attention as to why I was not drinking, everybody wanted to know and once I say because I am muslim then they bombarded me with all sorts of questions.

Anyway as far as I am concerned I have done really well but apparently I was not picked because of some silly reasons.

It hurts so much to not be given a chance though you now you can do well. And what hurts more is when your closest people tell you I would not employ you if I were them just out of hate:girl3:

My Iman in Allah (SWT) is really unlimited and that what keeps me going :hearts: Though my heart is in a lot of pain now.

Make dua for me please that my sorrow can go.

Thank you for giving me the chance to share this painful experience with you

Salam

Globalpeace

Banned
Its gonna get worse!

W-Salam,

Life is hard for all practising professionals in the West & it is particularly for professional Sisters.

It will get a whole lot worse!

Remember us in your duas & we will do the same, Insha'Allah.

I have graduated last May with an MA in International Business from the Regent's College, London. My struggle strated as I began to look for a career as a graduate trainee.

Some companies woud not even give me a chance even if my both degree grades are a 1st.

Last Tuesday I was shortlisted for an assessment center with Tesco for their Financial Scheme. We had to spend the night in a hotel where all the graduates met as well as the assessors. I was attracting so much attention as to why I was not drinking, everybody wanted to know and once I say because I am muslim then they bombarded me with all sorts of questions.

Anyway as far as I am concerned I have done really well but apparently I was not picked because of some silly reasons.

It hurts so much to not be given a chance though you now you can do well. And what hurts more is when your closest people tell you I would not employ you if I were them just out of hate:girl3:

My Iman in Allah (SWT) is really unlimited and that what keeps me going :hearts: Though my heart is in a lot of pain now.

Salam

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Salaam,

please keep the faith. not all people are so narrow minded, however i live and work in london and there does seem to be a drinking culture that the office adhere to.

my advice is not to compromise on your beliefs and keep the faith!

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

May Allah (S.W.T) ease the difficulty you are going through. Inshallah you will get the job your looking and you will be successful.

Alhamdulilah

Stay Strong!

Wasalam

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom sister Hiba,

My Iman in Allah (SWT) is really unlimited and that what keeps me going Though my heart is in a lot of pain now.

How are you sister, insha Allah you are feeling better now,

Dont worry may be this job wasnt good for you deserve way better job than what you were looking, remember what every is written in your destiney you will see it.

And remember no matter what they do they will never be able to harm you or stop a good job from coming to you even though they gathered to do it, except if Allah wanted it to happen

And they will never be able to help you or provide you with a job even if they gathered to it except if Allah allow it.

Dont worry and remember you are in the light of Islam and they are still in the darkness.... actually you should feel sorry for them :)

Be strong, its a test for you and Insha Allah you will pass it, and get what you deserve if not better inshallah.

It will get a whole lot worse!

I dont think so, who said it will get worse? you cant say that brother...
you never know Inshallah it will get better...The Muslim should always hope and expect for better and dont expect the worse from Allah s.w.t.

"Your Lord will give you, so that you become pleased." [Surah Duha, 5]

the hadith Qudsi,says "I am according to the good expectation/thought of My servant., so let him think of Me as he wishes."
i.e. that whatever he thinks I will do to him, I will. But, good expectations can only be with good conduct.

so when ever we have good expectation from Allah in all matters, Allah s.w.t will never disappoint us, so if we pray and make dua to Allah s.w.t and expect him to answer us then he will answer us.

If we comming sin and found guilty, and repent and ask forgiveness from Allah and expect that Allah will forgive then he Almighty will accept our repentance and dismisses our slippage.

In termidhi the prophet peace be up him said (meaning of hadith) [ Ask Allah and you are sure that Allah will answer)

some of the above translated from islam.net.

اللهم طهِّر قلوبنا من النفاق وأعمالنا من الرياء وألسنتنا من الكذب وأعيننا من الخيانة إنك تعلم خائنة الأعين وما تخفي لصدوراللهم ارزقنا الإخلاص في أقوالنا وأعمالنا واجعلها خالصة لوجهك ثواباً على سنّة رسولك
Wa salaam alikom

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

Salam

AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,
Sister,

Those nonMuslims will be facing their destiny when you will face your good, InshaAllah. Let them enjoy for the few days of this world.

Wassalaam

Sara_H

Salam sis

Dont be sad, i know it seems really hard but keep striving and insha allah you will get the right job for you in the end. Dont care about the things silly people say, not all people out there are narrow minded, the right job for you will come along when you least expect it-you'll see!
P.s: I've heard that there are finance jobs in the educational sector, so why not try applying to your local borough, they're more into multiculuralism and equal opportunities.
GUD LUK! Keep patient and insha allah you'll get there in the end XX
'Dont worry, be happy!':hearts:

SalmanFarsi

Salaam Sister,
You have so much talent, why don't you try doing something on your own. There are 10 million women in US who own small businesses.
They employ over 27 million workers. There is no reason for you to be relying so much on others when you can start your own venture and be your own boss. Its not easy but with some talent and a good idea, you can do it. Do some research...

wishing you best luck.

Salmaan

AishaR

:salam2:

Sis please so not be upset and sad. I am very proud of you getting such great grades in your degrees. That is something to be very proud of!!!
Life is a test and whatever is meant to happen will happen & we have no control over that.

Inshallah you will find your perfect job soon.

I will remember you in my duas.

:wasalam:
Sis Aisha :hijabi: