My pics from Tinisia

Saidsaad

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

dianek

Salaam Sister! No pics that I can find. Would love to see them though as that is where my hubby is from and I have visited there twice. We have a house on the Cap Bon (El Houraia) that we built to vacation in. I found the resort/tourist areas AMAZINGLY beautiful but the common city areas and rural areas I find to be dirty and littered. What did you think of it?

Saidsaad

I can't seem to upload my pics to this page??

Well I went to Soussa (or Souse). It was nice and clean in the tourist areas and a little less in the remote areas. I had a very good week visting lots of historical places and mosques.
hopfully soon I'll be able to show the pics
salam :SMILY259:

dianek

I can't seem to upload my pics to this page??

Well I went to Soussa (or Souse). It was nice and clean in the tourist areas and a little less in the remote areas. I had a very good week visting lots of historical places and mosques.
hopfully soon I'll be able to show the pics
salam :SMILY259:

We visited there too on a day trip. My favorite places in Tunisia are Tabarka, Sidi Bou Said and Monastir (LOVED monastir)......

His family lives in Ezaharouni in the city of Tunis....it is overcrowded, over taken by cats and dare I say, to me, a little dangerous.....

Saidsaad

one of the best places I went to was the holy city of Kairouan. The mosque is well over a thousand years old and said to be one of the top 5 holy places in Islam to visit. the Madina in Kairouan is so big I nearly lost my way out.
Monastir was great to visit, there were so many tourist getting off the buses all day there.It's the place where they filmed "the life of Brain"( Monty Python's lot from England)..

dianek

one of the best places I went to was the holy city of Kairouan. The mosque is well over a thousand years old and said to be one of the top 5 holy places in Islam to visit. the Madina in Kairouan is so big I nearly lost my way out.
Monastir was great to visit, there were so many tourist getting off the buses all day there.It's the place where they filmed "the life of Brain"( Monty Python's lot from England)..

I feel stupid, never heard of that movie....but isn't Monty Python like a cult era film from the 60's??????? HMMMM.....When we visited Tabarka, there was a forte on top of a cliff that was used to film a romanesque type movie, the props were still there but the place was historically a "look out" for war/enemy ships. It was amazing!

I didn't visit any mosques other than photoing the outside of the large beautiful one in Monastir....

Saidsaad

Selam,
I edited this thread as to put on my 5 pics from Tunisia, sorry they did not show at first. Hope you like them.:SMILY288:

Salaam,

Jazakallah khair for sharing these pics. Tunisia looks beautiful. I really like the palm trees and how they are paved around cement.

dianek

Salaam! Great pics!!! LOL in the first one, the rock in front has IMED carved into it.....too funny that is my husband's name.....

Salaam,

That's pretty funny sister Diane. It's a small world after all LOL.

The architect of the buildings are really interesting. The brick style gives a semi antiquity and semi modern taste.

The arches and towers looks like it had some Roman influence.

dianek

Definitely some Roman influence....this was a prime hub and during the Roman times, after all Carthage is there as well as the Roman Caves....We visited the Djem which was a roman coliseum from that time period. Very cool.