My sin is better than yours!

hellbraker

Is there sins that vary in its intensity?Or is every sin treated the same?
Can I laugh at others and say "Haha..Im better than you, cos your sin is worse than mine"
Now, I know the difference between killing someone and saying a lie.But how does The Almighty see this situation?Is there a scale to it?I mean can we measure it..like "High"(you are dead meat).."Medium"(not OK).."Low"(mmm..Ok!)

mezeren

Hi,

A muslim should never laugh at others' sins and always consantrate on his/her sins.Nobody has the right to judge others but Allah,so you can never say i am better.You can sure say those who laugh at others are in great danger.Stop thinking about others and start trying to correct yourself.

Having said that,there are major sins in islam that a muslim must avoid commiting,although the door for repenting is always open.A muslim should be in a state between hope and fear.We are hopefull of Allah's mercy and fearful of his anger.You never know your faith until the judgement day.

For your interest,below is a hadith about major sins,and more could be added to the list.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Narrated Abu-Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him); ‘The Prophet (SAWS) said: “Avoid the seven great destructive sins.” The people enquired; ‘O Allah’s Messenger! What are they?’ The Prophet (SAWS) said: To join others in worship along with Allah, to practise sorcery, to kill the life that Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law), to eat up usury, to eat up the orphan’s wealth, to show one’s back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse the chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers.” (Bukhari).

hellbraker

So, whatever sins i commit, if I repent sincerely then I might be forgiven...mmm

By the way, just to let you know if you think im a Muslim, Im a Christian..your kinsfolk.

mezeren

So, whatever sins i commit, if I repent sincerely then I might be forgiven...mmm

By the way, just to let you know if you think im a Muslim, Im a Christian..your kinsfolk.

Exactly,but the key is being sincere.There are lots of verses in the quran and lots of hadith about this.Allah is The Most Merciful.

And i know you are a Christian,i somehow checked it when i saw your question.

Take care.

safiya58

:salam2: to all and hi

:ma: great answer brother mezeren.

and hellbreaker the way you behave a sincere muslim would never do so...

we (muslims) are helpers of eachother... if we see someone who is comitting a sin we have to advise him that he changes his actions and support him to become a better muslim. but never would we judge him or laugh at him...

regarding sins... what is important is sincerity in asking for forgivness like mezeren allready said.

for example the one who commits a major sin from which he feels very ashamed and is in perfect contrition because of it, is better than someone who commited a minor sin but do not feel regret for his sin.... he is even better than someone who does good deeds and is haughty (bec of his good deeds...)

You may think repentance is nothing but a mere lip action but it is more than that...

may Allah guide you to the straight path