MY SISTER ATTACKED ME WITH A KNIFE

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2:

weirdest thing that happened in my life, my older sister attacked me with a knife.....it started when i got back from an appointment early in the morning...i sat down at the computer checking my mail...she started hurling abusive language at me (she was mad at me before for loads of reaons which she blew out of proportion) any way not wanting to give her a reaction i let her swear at me and told her that i am not going to talk to her...she got even more mad and said something unthinkable...anyway i didnt react to it and got on with my work...few minutes later i hear in the next room her and my younger sister screaming at each other..i walked over to see because by then my younger sister was crying so i wanted to resolve what was going on...anyway i asked her what was going on she tells me she was on the phone with her friend talking about something serious that happened to her friend and that her friend was devasted..my older sister came in and started screaming and swearing at her while she was on the phone to her friend (very embarassing) she was forced to hang up on her...by then i heard her cries and i came over and told the older one to calm down and be a bit diplomatic...she swore at me and took a mobile (cell phone) charger and aimed it at my younger sister..she ducked behind me and it hit my arm ..i got angry and pushed her away and told her to calm down...she lunched at my younger one who was still afraid and behind me...i pushed her away and headlocked her and told her to calm down ...she bit me on my stomach and thats when i pulled her hair and again told her to calm down...she was yelling and swearing and pushed me onto the bed and said 'its you and me now come on' she ran to the kitchen took a knife out..grabbed and pushed me onto the bed and while all that was happening i took a look into her eyes ..subhannalh it was satanic...she almost put the knife in my stomach and said im going to send you to your grave..i was so shocked i kicked her and punched her off me i thought i was going to die! ..but luckily my other sister came in and grabbed it off her...before it struck me in the stomach (it was a few inched away before she grabbed it)...seeing wthat happend my two sisters ran upstairs crying and scared...i ran after them..and locked ourselfs in my dad room...we called our other brothers and sisters and luckily another older sister picked up and said she running home....my crazed oldest sister came in the room we were in and started yelling if my baby is dead ill kill you all....we were shocked as we didnt even know she was pregenant and angry at her for starting a fight while she knew she was pregenant....subhanllah i can never look at her the same way again....its just messed up...dont know what i will tell my dad when he come back from dubai by the way this isnt the fiirst time she did something as this crazy although this one is the worst...i dont know what to do ...how should i handel this islamicly..i mean the only reason i came into the fight between her and the younger one is because i saw how upset and freightened she was and that she couldnt defend her self (my older sis is quite big in size) i dont know what gave me the strenght and power to stand up to her in that state of mind...when she had the knife i didnt even feel that scared...i dont know if this is how some pregnat women act because of the hormones but almost killing me is something i cant forget easily...what should i do ?...

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam.

i was really shocked when i read your story. i don't think the reason she attacked you, had anything to do with her hormones. that's just shaithan, as you said. i would just tell you to be there with someone and not alone with her, untill your parents come home. may god help her if she is in need. hopefully she will see her mistakes..

salam..

Salaam sister,

I think your problem started right at the beginning when you said:

she started hurling abusive language at me (she was mad at me before for loads of reaons which she blew out of proportion) any way not wanting to give her a reaction i let her swear at me and told her that i am not going to talk to her...she got even more mad and said something unthinkable...anyway i didnt react to it and got on with my work...

Here are the issues and suggestions I've made:

1) She shouldn't use abusive language to express her anger and knowing that you have a younger sister (I don't know her age) which is probably not good for her to hear because she will learn and pick up these these inappropriate behaviors. All this will cause a domino affect. Your older sister is suppose to be a role model for you and your younger sister..

2) You should of calmly talked with her about what the problem was instead of trying to avoid her. When you avoided her and didn't show any reaction, she became impatient and more anger built inside her. Remember to be gentle to your older sister, talk sweet to her, tickle her, listen to her and she'll listen to you.

3) It's best to have a family meeting with your mom and dad. Eat dinner together and talk about these issues and how it can be resolved.

I hope this helped inshallah. May Allah swt keep you and your family close and safe.

summertime

sister :)
Salam sister,

You sister is in serious need of help. The behaviour you described is'nt normal anger. I think you should consider getting some kind of proffesional help. Talk to your doctor/GP and they will give you some advice on what to do..

W/salam

Córdoba

Salam sister,

You sister is in serious need of help. The behaviour you described is'nt normal anger. I think you should consider getting some kind of proffesional help. Talk to your doctor/GP and they will give you some advice on what to do..

W/salam

I agree and I'm pretty sure tickling her wouldn't be the greatest idea ever! Still brother Humblewun, I think the sister would be wise to listen to all the other points you mentioned.

take care

Sometimes shaitan makes you act in ways you never thought you were capable of, so it could have been just one of those moments. But if you say this is not her first time acting this way, she really needs some medical help, this is not normal, no hormones can make you act this way. Also you need to have some serious family discussions when she is stable.

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
Salam sister,

Astafullah I couldn't believe what I was reading, I hope you and your sisters are feeling ok?!

I dont even know where to start have you tried talking to your parents??

I'll make Dua for you all :)

Wasalam Saira xx :tti_sister:

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah

Please contact a knowledgeable Muslim to make Ruqiyah on your sister. She probably has evil Jinn inside. May Allaah subhana wa ta'ala protect us all from the Jinns and Shayatin.

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams sis

This is scary. Hope you are ok insha'allah ???

Recite Ayatul Kursi and blow it over yourself, your sisters and the sis who attacked you. Make du'a for her.

Seek medical help - couselling or assesment by a Doctor. That is not normal behaviour, even if it is due to hormones from pregnancy. She could have a chemical imbalance in the brain, hormone imbalance or be suffereing from depression or stress.

I shall make du'a for you insha'allah.:tti_sister:

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
Salaam sister,

I think your problem started right at the beginning when you said:

Here are the issues and suggestions I've made:

1) She shouldn't use abusive language to express her anger and knowing that you have a younger sister (I don't know her age) which is probably not good for her to hear because she will learn and pick up these these inappropriate behaviors. All this will cause a domino affect. Your older sister is suppose to be a role model for you and your younger sister..

2) You should of calmly talked with her about what the problem was instead of trying to avoid her. When you avoided her and didn't show any reaction, she became impatient and more anger built inside her. Remember to be gentle to your older sister, talk sweet to her, tickle her, listen to her and she'll listen to you.

3) It's best to have a family meeting with your mom and dad. Eat dinner together and talk about these issues and how it can be resolved.

I hope this helped inshallah. May Allah swt keep you and your family close and safe.
salam alaykum
replying to your first and second point, i only ignored her because talking woukdve been worse because shell just hurl more insults so it was wise to not talk to her, and the younger sis is 18 im 23, the sister older is 28.

and my mum is not alive she passed away 3 years ago, we only have our dad whose away at the moment. my only conclusion for her behaviour is that i think shes depressed from her marriage as shes had fights with her husband before and she came back home but my dad told her to go back and that she was rude to her husband,whatever problems she has she always takes it out on us ,...blowing out of proportion things that are small....plus she doesnt even pray, my dad spoke with her about this issue of salah many times she hasnt listened. but there is no excuse for what she did she couldve killed me or injured me severely and my dad would not have forgiven her. i cant see her in the same way...but i dont hate her even though she almost knived me!!:astag:

salam alaykum
replying to your first and second point, i only ignored her because talking woukdve been worse because shell just hurl more insults so it was wise to not talk to her, and the younger sis is 18 im 23, the sister older is 28.

and my mum is not alive she passed away 3 years ago, we only have our dad whose away at the moment. my only conclusion for her behaviour is that i think shes depressed from her marriage as shes had fights with her husband before and she came back home but my dad told her to go back and that she was rude to her husband,whatever problems she has she always takes it out on us ,...blowing out of proportion things that are small....plus she doesnt even pray, my dad spoke with her about this issue of salah many times she hasnt listened. but there is no excuse for what she did she couldve killed me or injured me severely and my dad would not have forgiven her. i cant see her in the same way...but i dont hate her even though she almost knived me!!:astag:

Salaam sister Caramel Queen,

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. May Allah swt grant her Jannah. It must be really tough for your dad to take care and give time to you and your sisters. I don't mean to get too personal, but I think my next questions will help me better understand your situation. Does your older sister live with you? How was your past relationship with your sister? Is this the first time she's done something so absurd?

You should plan a dinner at a restaurant with your older sister, her husband, you and your younger sister. It always feels good to get out the house. Give her a gift. Make her smile. Try to help your older sister. Be supportive. Alot of times depression occurs because individuals feel stress, have low self-esteem, or they might even have serious medical conditions like cancer.

It's difficult to tell someone to directly pray. It'll be nice if she sees you and follows your example. Watch Islamic videos, have discussions and debates. Differences helps people understand each other better.

I will inshallah pray for you and your family.

Meraj

Brother
Dear sister

first of all may Allah (subhana wataalah) keep u in good health and strong imaan along with ur family (ameen).
dear sister i think ur sister feels lonely in ur home...and may be u and ur younger sister ignore her most of the time and dont want to talk to her,,,as she need it now more than anything....please u first think urself that r u talking with her most of the time....just try to spent more time with her,listen to her and make jokes with her all the time....she may need it badly....hope inshaAllah if this helps.....
rest be patient with ur sister as u do inshallah she wil be fine...i wil remember u all in my dua.....
:wasalam:

learnermuslim

Assalaam Alaikum Dear Sister,

Please apply solutions from both this Duniya and our Deen. Meaning, apart from Praying to Allah SWT, seeking guidance from reliable and trutsed islamic sources (Iman, other Scholar Sisters) please also use the facilities and resources Allah has given you in this world too, Professional medical attention and trained counsellors etc.

Most importantly, keep together as a family and show your sister that you will all work together for a better future inshAllah, Ameen.

Remain strong, brave and steadfast Sister. You are of course in all our prayers.

Fi amanAllah