Video my story , how i came 2 islam

Yusuf_k

How i became muslim

Bismillah.
Asslamu walaykum
Well i grew up in tradition african christian family ,an tht all i new about religion i was brought up to believe tht Jesus (as) was god in human form and as a child i never thought twice about it i jus believed what i was told.I never knew there was a religion called Islam because i grew up in a small Remote community in Johannesburg were everyone is christian.I moved to England When i was 10 years old and settled in london .As time went on i was still Christian and going to church every Saturday because that what i had been taught and i never realyy took time to study about my religion at that , as i was bored or couldnt really be bothered .Then came September 11,this was the first time i had heard about Islam,an Osama bin laden lol.My first empression was Dammm this people are evil man why would someone blow themselves up like that, an so i had the image in my head of every muslim person being some evil suicide bomber,and everytime i would see especially muslim women fully covered from head to toe i would b thinking “i wonder what she hiding underneath might be a bomb o somethin” so i had this negative view about islam from the start and i thought islam was a cult o something, and this media jus fuelled my negative view by the way they potrayed muslims.And one Saturday at my church the preacher would say “ u knw how evil the world has become ,u knw those people with the long beards an long dresses when get on the bus with them u dont feel safe cause u dnt knw whats going to happen “,so at this point i jus left it like that an my judgement on islam was some evil cult.
By this time i was in college and one of my frends was muslim , we never really talked about religion ,but jus about things typical teenager would talk about ,an he ended up being my best friend.I never saw him as the type of muslim as the ones i saw on the News he seem like me ,jus the difference was our religion.Sometimes when were jus chillin with my freinds ,of which all of them they would talk about islamic stuff ,such as phrases like Mashallah,Insha allah , and this stared trigered my intrest in islam again, even though i still had a negative view i found my self becoming more intrsted in islam.One day one of my muslim freind asked me if i believed in the trinity , i dint know what to say because i dint even know what the trinity was , he then i asked what i believed i told him that i believed Jesus was go and the son of god and the holy ghost ,an he asked me how many gods i believed in and i saaid 1, i said this with a hesitation in my mind because something jus dint seem right there i though to myself how could 1+1+1=1?,at that time i realised all that time i was judgind other religion i dint rilly know about mine ,and my faith in christianity was low ,all this years i had jus been following blindly without knowing the whole truth.i then decided to study more about christanity to increase my faith the more an more i studied i jus hit dead end ,more studying let 2 more confusion an no one had the answers .I had reached a stage in my life where i wanted to change my lifestyle an i was in crisis because my religion wasn’t helping me it was making matters worse.One day i jus prayed and said “god u have kept me alive all this time and i ,ave reached an dead end i don’t what to i want to change my lifestyle ,please guide to the straight plath an dont abandon me “.the following day i was browsing through my Tv channels and i come across an islamic channel an there was a guy called Ahmed Deddat ,who was talking about christianty an islam,and the way he was talking , he answered all the questions that were in my mind ,i never knew that muslims believed in all the prophets that christians beleived in i always thought they had their own ,an from that day i started studyin deep into islam, i took book from the library and i would always watch tht channel which showed Ahmed deedat , because he talked sense and put all the questions i had to rest .I woke one day i knew that islam was the right way , there was this feeling in my heart i can’t rilly explain it but i knew this was the right way i knew that God had answered my prayer an guided me the right way ,and i knew i had to take my shahadah .I dint know how to tell friend on o even worse my Mom because i knew she would kill me (not literaly )lol.I decided to learn the Shahadah myself so i wrote it on my phone an i would always read it and try to memorise .I then decided to tell my freind and and he was very happy for me and i took my Shahadah with him and from that moment i felt brand knew , i feel like a mountain had been lifted from my shoulder,i felt like i was reborn and i felt this peace in my heart ,and i wished i had been muslim all my life but Alhamdullilah , i was muslim on the 31/03/2007.
But that not were tha story end lol ,as day went by i began to learn the basics of islam and trying to strengthen my deen to stay on the right path,and this time my Mom still din’t know i was muslim and i was to afraid to tell her fearing what she might do.so months went by an still they dint know,then finally after 5months my mom found out ,and from that day we she would not look me in the eye an i felt like a stranger at home even my relatives would not talk to me ,because they elt i had brought shame to the family and that i would become a terrorist .So one day my mom would come to me and say “either u become christian again or move out of the house because only christians could stay in the house”, an for there was only one option ,i could go back to christianity after i had found the truth ,after i had found the path to paradise ,so i moved out and ironically this i during the first week of ramadan,an so i moved out at stayed at my friends house .I knew that no matter had happened i had to respect my mom an so i would go home regulary to talk to her at no avail, this llasted until the end of Ramdan,when one day she called me come home and we talked an cleared the air an i moved back home .I felt this was on of the biggested test i had faced as a muslim because i could ave gone back to christianity , but i knew i had found the truth ,i had would rather lose my family than foresake my religion .And thing are still patchy with my Fam but it all gud lol 
So anyone readin this please make Dua for my family that Allah open their hearts to islam and guide them to the straight path ,because i dont want my family to be one of the losers on judgement day .

Salam walaykum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh

nazir

Asalaaamu Alaykum dear brother,
Masha'Allah, may Allah strengthen you and protect you. It is uplifting to read your account of the change you made for the sake of Allah, despite your families negativity, may Allah guide them to Islam, for He Alone is the One Who Guides.
Welcome to TTI.
Wassalaam

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

ASALAMA ALEIKUM WARAHTULLAHI WA BARAKATU . MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOUR
FAMILY TO THE RIGHT PATH . A TOUCHING STORY SHUKRAN .
ASALAMA ALEIKUM WARAHTULLAHI WA BARAKATU

al-muslimah

salam alaycoum,

Mashallah wonderful story..it bought tears to my eyes!

may allah guide your family to the straigt path yarab!! your in my prayers bro..

walsalam

babyjaanu

MASHALLAH!!! wonderful sTORY!!

i WISH I COULD PUT MY STORY, MY JOURNEY TO ISLAM ONE DAY INSHALLAH...
I HAVE THE SAME STORY BUT NOW IM STIL IN THE STAGE OF STRUGGLING BUT I KNOW ALLAH IS WITH ME..

ALLAHUAKBAR!!!

ALLAHHAFIZ BRO.AND SIS.:hijabi:

umer_fa

wish u best of luk

dear Br Yousaf!

ur story has put me in very deep thoughts....... ALLAH has shown u da right path towards da peace & like u other Bro & sis .... May best prayers 2 u & 4 ur parents & other relatives & friends..... ALLAH is & will always test us ... so i pray 2 ALLAH 2 giv us all strenth

Umer Farooq Ahmed

Zayna85908

:ma: I'm happy you found the truth and woman arent walking around because they are hiding something

Welcome to Islam and this website.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'ylekum Salaam,

MashAllah brother, that was a great story! Very inspirational! I am glad you took the name Yusuf because the Prophet Yusuf (upon him peace) faced many hardships in his life, he was betrayed by his own family and abandoned many times. I too took the beautiful name Yusuf because I had heard many great things about the Prophet (upon hm peace) and because my main inspirations in coming to Islam also went by the name of Yusuf, it means alot to me and inshAllah both of us on the Day of Judgement will be called forward by this name :)
May Allah reward you for you're patience and you're strong iman, and may He continue to increase it.

Asalaamu'alekum Wa RahmuttAllah Wa Barakathu

Zafran

Muslim Brother
I hope you all the best and Insha' Allah your family will see the greatness of Islam.

May Allah bless you.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
masha Allah

:bismillah1:
in the name of the most merciful the compasionate.
alhamdulilah Allah has brought u 2 islama perfect, beautifula and pure religion alhamdulilah... jazaka Allah khyra for sharing:mashallah:

Yusuf_k

:ma: I'm happy you found the truth and woman arent walking around because they are hiding something

Welcome to Islam and this website.

lol i knw naw , itz jus tht ignorance i had , but Alhamdulillah i dnt ave tht no mo , i wish all women dress lik tht 2 help us stop sinning :)

Yusuf_k

Wa'ylekum Salaam,

MashAllah brother, that was a great story! Very inspirational! I am glad you took the name Yusuf because the Prophet Yusuf (upon him peace) faced many hardships in his life, he was betrayed by his own family and abandoned many times. I too took the beautiful name Yusuf because I had heard many great things about the Prophet (upon hm peace) and because my main inspirations in coming to Islam also went by the name of Yusuf, it means alot to me and inshAllah both of us on the Day of Judgement will be called forward by this name :)
May Allah reward you for you're patience and you're strong iman, and may He continue to increase it.

Asalaamu'alekum Wa RahmuttAllah Wa Barakathu

salam walaykum.

i also choose tha name Yusuf 4 tha same reason ,i felt lik i was going through similar hardships ,and the way he remained steadfast durin tht time he waz persecuted really insired me an kept me strong ..im really happy 4 u tht u also accepted islam Mashallah .May Allah guide u

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
mashallah great story.. jazak Allah khiaran 4 sharing... i enjoyed reading that :D
i will make dua for yr family inshallah.
:salam2:

Salama Peace

MASHALLAH!!! It is a great thing...InshaAllah Allah will give hidayaa to your family...till then keep praying for them and try to invite them to Islam as much as you can...And Allah is with you....Thanks for the great story....Dont Despair of Allah's Mercy...InshaAllah He will guide them to the right path Amin....Salam

sadia_21

salam alaikum....
mashallah...the way u have brought islam was not easy bt see alhumdulillah allah guided u ur way....n inshallah we all here on forum will pray 4ur family 2 dat they will seek da write path...ameen...inshallah...

n about ur name...it was well said by the other brother...tht u chose ur name well...
mashallah...an inspiring muslim

tc..
and hope u learn alot from dis site too...
allah hafiz*