my story

shous

Asalaam Aluakum
I am a convert of 4 years. I came from the catholic church. It all started after September 11. I wanted to see what these men believed in, that led them to do such a horrible thing. Two years later, I found Islam. Well I found out Islam WAS NOT a bad religion, but people are sometimes bad.
My family was not very excepting of my reversion. My father said some very hurtful things to me in the past. He told me once that he wished someone would shoot me in the head because people like me are terrorist. (said after he saw me in Hijab), I was laughed at by my sisters boyfriend after he found out I converted and my dad started laughing, stating “I was born catholic and I will die catholic Because you cannot change you religion”,and later he told me I dressed like a old lady and he got really angry and said “no one would want to marry you” (after I started to be more conservative). The first time I wore hijab in public was just awful. Which is a whole other story.
But since my Mother has passed on he has been more open to my religion and my feelings. I am now 34 and married to a man for Pakistan. I think my father understands that not all people are bad. He knows my husband is a wonderful kind man. So that kills the myth that all men from Pakistan are terrorist “sleeper cells”. Me and my husband live on long Island. I cant wait for the day for us to move. I really don’t like NY. But that’s another story.
Well this is the short version of my conversion; one day I would like to sit and write out everything….for a book.
Insha Allah

:salam2:
May Allah help you sister and protect you, your husband and your family.
Amin

"Surely with difficulty is ease. With difficulty is surely ease." Sourat N° 94 verse n° 5, 6
Salam

MissSemolina

Welcome

Assalaamu alaykum dear sister from Long Island,

I pray you and your husband have a long prosperous time together in this life and the next. Welcome, welcome, welcome to this website, your story is touching mashAllah. Keep strong and may Allah guide your dad to al-Islaam. Ameen.:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam, mashaAlllah welcome to the site, although you are not a new member.. and have seen you post before alhamdulilah.. :)

may Allah help you and your family sister!! May Allah also help the non-Muslims of your family.. like your father.

Have patience, Allah is with you

Wasalam.

Abul Harith

Staff member
:salam2: sister Shous,

Praise to Allah the Almighty who has bestowed His mercy and blessings upon you. I pray that Allah keeps you safe and strong upon the deen...and uses you as the tool to guide your father and remaining family... May you and your husband enjoy a happy and blissful marriage. Ameen.

:ma:

:wasalam:

Mu2min