My Teacher

Storm

SiStEr
Ive got this teacher for one of my courses from Pakistan.
My problem is that he is pro-American and its not like he's not a muslim. Most of the time, he is blaming the palestinians and supporting the jews :angryred::angryred:. I dont understand why.
Im always arguing with him about it :SMILY45: but he never listens to me and i think im wasting my time. Should i just ignore him? :confused:

jabbar6

:salam2:, sister most of the pakis feel that palestinians and their struggle is purely right, and here Ulema feels that as Pakistan has the largest number of mujahidins present in any muslim country so Palestine will be freed by Pakis, for this the Americans and Jews are very much upset, and they try to b e very friendly with Pakistan, they try to associate the Palestine problem with Arabs, and say that, they dont have any problem with Pakis and Pakistan, and they want friendship with Pakis, as Pakistan is only an Islamic nuclear power in world, the media in Pakistan is pro American and Jewish which proliferates their thoughts and say that we should not fight for every Islamic problem, so some of the Moderate minded people like your teacher take this effect, so dont worry, the Palestinian people are like our liver.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
if you've made a clear point on your behalf of which side he should be supporting..than you've done your part. He is Muslim like you said..and if he decides to go against his brothers and sisters in ISlam..he is at loss because he'll see how it will feel one day...what goes around comes around...(some once said)

seekinghelp

Salam Alykom

Correct please if I am wrong or misinterpret your meaning behind your words. It is not my intention...

I would like to be clear...so I will tell you what I understood from your words here.

You are angry because your teacher is Pro American and supports the Jews right?

I am curious...why should he hate the Americans and Jews? Because you do?

I just don't get it. Forgive me people but all I see if discord and hatred in Islam lately. Muslims hating Jews, hating Americans and every chance they get they will voice it loud to let the world know they hate them.

I mean, when I learned about Islam...I learned about this man...you may know him...its the Prophet Mushammad sallalahu alyhi wa salam..and you know what they said about him..that he was one of the most forgiving and peaceful men in our history. He is revered in the history books at one of the greatest men in history. He faced adversity, he faced hatred, he faced things that we could never imagine, and yet...HE FORGAVE! He did not talk bad about people, he did not hate, he did not go around promoting hatred and encouraging people to talk bad about anyone who didn't believe. He left that to Allah subhana wa ta'ala. He fought only when necessary and even then, he pardoned and forgave. WOW!!! What a great person. Too bad we don't see this action amongst Muslims of today.

We meet people on the street day in and day out...we walk away from them. We leave an impression with them. We represent our Ummah to them. What do you think they think about or remember the most when they walk away after a conversation with you? Do you think they think to themselves, wow...Islam is so great. It's such a peaceful religion...it's nothing like the news says. I can't believe I just met a Muslim man that was so giving, and so calm and so knowledgable...I can't believe he helped me to understand what Islam is all about.

Or did that person walk away thinking..Man, all those Muslims just hate us. They just hate jews and all the Americans...I just don't get it. I swear I would never ba Muslim if I had to turn my back on everybody like that only care for another Muslim. I don't think God would want me to trash everybody who wasn't a muslim or trash and a WHOLE nation or people because of some bad ones in the bunch or because of ignorance.

You know it's funny because you may not get my point but
...everyday Muslims cry because "everybody hates us and portrays us badly" well you know what....WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!!!!!!
You hate, you dislike, you talk badly about someone, some country, some people, some culture, some race...then you only get back what you put out. That is my belief

Do I like what is happening to my Muslim brothers and sisters? HECK NO!!! But I swear to you when I meet someone and the topic comes up, you will not hear my mouth utter bad words about another human being, or race, or culture or religion. WHY? Because I am a MUSLIM...WHY? BECAUSE MY ALLAH SUBHANA WA TA'ALA TOLD ME HOW i SHOULD BE. BECAUSE MY PROPHET MUHAMMAD SALLALAHU ALYHI WA SALAM DIDNT TEACH ME TO BE THIS WAY. He didn't strive to bring knowledge and show the world the truth only to have it turned and twisted and have his Ummah become just like the disbelievers in their words and actions.

how sad I am at the fact that people still want everyone to think as they do...that they want everyone to not like a certain person or nation because of the wrong that some people do....where is the forgiveness? where does the quran and sunnah come in to play where it tells us that it is better to forgive than anything else?

i am sorry if my words hurt...i am truly sorry...but i am saddened and i just simple cannot for the life of me understand the hate that some people feel in their hearts for another human being no matter what that person does to them.

And We inspired the soul with knowledge of evil and piety. Those who purify their souls will certainly have ever lasting happiness and those who corrupt their soul will certainly be deprived of happiness. (Surah ash-Shams, 91:8-10)

Storm

SiStEr
Salam Alykom

Correct please if I am wrong or misinterpret your meaning behind your words. It is not my intention...

I would like to be clear...so I will tell you what I understood from your words here.

I just don't get it. Forgive me people but all I see if discord and hatred in Islam lately. Muslims hating Jews, hating Americans and every chance they get they will voice it loud to let the world know they hate them.

I mean, when I learned about Islam...I learned about this man...you may know him...its the Prophet Mushammad sallalahu alyhi wa salam..and you know what they said about him..that he was one of the most forgiving and peaceful men in our history. He is revered in the history books at one of the greatest men in history. He faced adversity, he faced hatred, he faced things that we could never imagine, and yet...HE FORGAVE! He did not talk bad about people, he did not hate, he did not go around promoting hatred and encouraging people to talk bad about anyone who didn't believe. He left that to Allah subhana wa ta'ala. He fought only when necessary and even then, he pardoned and forgave. WOW!!! What a great person. Too bad we don't see this action amongst Muslims of today.

We meet people on the street day in and day out...we walk away from them. We leave an impression with them. We represent our Ummah to them. What do you think they think about or remember the most when they walk away after a conversation with you? Do you think they think to themselves, wow...Islam is so great. It's such a peaceful religion...it's nothing like the news says. I can't believe I just met a Muslim man that was so giving, and so calm and so knowledgable...I can't believe he helped me to understand what Islam is all about.

Or did that person walk away thinking..Man, all those Muslims just hate us. They just hate jews and all the Americans...I just don't get it. I swear I would never ba Muslim if I had to turn my back on everybody like that only care for another Muslim. I don't think God would want me to trash everybody who wasn't a muslim or trash and a WHOLE nation or people because of some bad ones in the bunch or because of ignorance.

...everyday Muslims cry because "everybody hates us and portrays us badly" well you know what....WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!!!!!!
You hate, you dislike, you talk badly about someone, some country, some people, some culture, some race...then you only get back what you put out. That is my belief

Do I like what is happening to my Muslim brothers and sisters? HECK NO!!! But I swear to you when I meet someone and the topic comes up, you will not hear my mouth utter bad words about another human being, or race, or culture or religion. WHY? Because I am a MUSLIM...WHY? BECAUSE MY ALLAH SUBHANA WA TA'ALA TOLD ME HOW i SHOULD BE. BECAUSE MY PROPHET MUHAMMAD SALLALAHU ALYHI WA SALAM DIDNT TEACH ME TO BE THIS WAY. He didn't strive to bring knowledge and show the world the truth only to have it turned and twisted and have his Ummah become just like the disbelievers in their words and actions.

how sad I am at the fact that people still want everyone to think as they do...that they want everyone to not like a certain person or nation because of the wrong that some people do....where is the forgiveness? where does the quran and sunnah come in to play where it tells us that it is better to forgive than anything else?

i am sorry if my words hurt...i am truly sorry...but i am saddened and i just simple cannot for the life of me understand the hate that some people feel in their hearts for another human being no matter what that person does to them.

And We inspired the soul with knowledge of evil and piety. Those who purify their souls will certainly have ever lasting happiness and those who corrupt their soul will certainly be deprived of happiness. (Surah ash-Shams, 91:8-10)

Walaikum asalaam,
I have no problem with him being pro-American at all but then he shud not throw the blame on Muslims all the time. I mean, fine we are wrong sometimes but um... hello!!! Its the americans and jews killing us and calling us terrorists when clearly, we were here first.

cmelbouzaidi

I think it is important for us not to generalize and blame all Americans and all Jews for what is going on in Palestine. Truth be told, most Americans do not even know what is the real history of Palestine because the media here is controlled by wealthy Jews and they show the average American a very one-sided view on the situation. Now, more educated and curious ones will seek the truth further but they have to listen to non-profit radio stations and avoid mainstream media to do so, and believe me, I live in America and this is not the norm! Let it be known also that there are many Jews who also oppose the occupation of Palestine and the cruel and inhumane treatment of Palestinians by the Israeli authorities. These Jews may be the minority but still their voices should be heard and we, as Muslims, should never bear hatred towards a Jew just for being Jewish, it is simply not right. It is also a terrible shame on us, Muslims, that with 1.5 billion of us in the world today that we cannot all come together peacefully and help get Palestine back to the Palestinians. There is an unbelievable amount of wealth concentrated with some individuals in certain gulf states that, if used in a correct manner, could really make the world of difference. It is painful that Israel is surrounded by predominantly Muslim countries and they cannot band together to make this happen. Plus, the way some Palestinians are treated in other arab countries when they are living in exile is not good either. If Muslims were truly following our Prophet Mohammed (saw), we would have this crisis and so many more (Lebanon, Iraq, Bangladesh, Sudan, for example) behind us. But Allah knows best.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2: sister Storm,
Here is your answer. :)

"The true servants of God are those who behave gently and with humility, and whenever the foolish quarrel with them, they reply with words of peace." (Qur'an 25:63)

:wasalam:

OmarFarooq

Salam Alykom

wow that was so nice, just what i wanted to say.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
Ive got this teacher for one of my courses from Pakistan.
My problem is that he is pro-American and its not like he's not a muslim. Most of the time, he is blaming the palestinians and supporting the jews :angryred::angryred:. I dont understand why.
Im always arguing with him about it :SMILY45: but he never listens to me and i think im wasting my time. Should i just ignore him? :confused:
As Salaamu Alaykum Sister Storm, not being one (student) 4 probably twice longer than u r old i remember back n the old days (If osman is reading this) they try 2 instigate thought. not knowing ur personal situation i would agree w/ if u have made a SOUND arguement leave it alone, if HE continues 2 bring it up then do ur homework on his evidence and bring ur rebuttal. It is like how some cultures of Muslims have done things for so many generations they believe that it is part of the Deen. May ALLAH reward u for ur efforts

A Kashmiri

Sister,

It is possible that he is afraid of telling the truth because he is afraid of being in trouble if he speaks something which is against the Jews and against what American government backs 100%. I havent come across a single muslim who says that it is Palestinians who are being stolen of everything including life by the Jews backed by American and Western governments.

It is better not discussing things with any one who doesnt hear others viewpoint. Better use this energy in some other good work.

Dear brother - seekinghelp

Well you are right in some ways, but to say that we muslims shouldnt hate the American government and the jews involved in the massacare of a whole nation - Palestinians is against the principles of brotherhood. Palestinians are our brother and sisters in Islam and because of we having the weakest Iman- the best we could do is hate the jews and their friends for killing Palestinians. Another on the list have been Afghanistan, Iraq, why should we muslims hate the American government, the supporters of the policies of terrorist activities of this government. It is the least we muslims can do....

Yes we definetly shouldnt generalise whole American population. We muslims should be rational and we all know that even if America claims to be greatest democratic country, voices of common people arent heard. It is the money and power which govern the country and common Americans are as helpless as common people in any other country.

May Allah bless you all .......

amjaddamen

brother
Salam Alykom

Dear sisters and brothers

I will speak what is in my heart , if iam wrong iam sorry in advance and please correct me .
1 ) palastine is not for people of palstine it is muslim land by the holly cor'an

2 ) I know ( not in person) some high palastine's officials say that we
should not fight zionest . So we should not wonder if other muslims act
like that
3 ) if American administration elected by 51% of Americans then they for sure support what administration is doing , at least they do not act agaist

4 ) for the first time in history , civilians are bumped by (f-16) the most powerful weapon known .that is in gaza

5 ) about forgiveness , when zionest kill your mother , brother what I should say to them, forgive me ??? have you seen this palstine kid who killed in his father arms in front of world media ?? his name is (mohammad dura )
what should his mother say , forgive me , my kid is bad boy ???

6 ) not all american are bad , on the contrary some are very good and I know some o them.

7)why all the hot areas in world are muslims ??? because they are weak ,or because of their oil ,or because their land lords sold them out , or they have blue blood ?
8) is it muslims to be blamed about most americans (world leaders ) do not know what is thier goverment doing on thier behalf ?

once again , correct me if iam wrong because i donot like to be naive not knowing what is going around
is happening ??

Meraj

Brother
:salam2:

we are neither allowed to hate jews or non-muslims nor are we allowed to love them....just respect them if they respect you and give them peace if they give you peace...
:wasalam:

Storm

SiStEr
I dont know where you have got the idea that we should walk around and start shouting, 'hate the americans and jews'. Im not like that and i hate those people who think that way.
All im saying is that my teacher should present both sides of the story.

I dont know where you have got the idea that we should walk around and start shouting, 'hate the americans and jews'. Im not like that and i hate those people who think that way.
All im saying is that my teacher should present both sides of the story.

if ur in the US then well ur paki teacher is sold out like a beer can and IT thinks that by doing this IT will b considered NORMAL and might b able to FIT IN with the country......i feel sorry for that LONELY PERSON.....spare IT a buck after every class....JK totally