My Testominy

ReadandSeek

I thought I would introduce myself and tell everyone my story.

I am a convert to Catholicism and became fascinated with it at a very young age. My parents are both non practicing but baptized Protestants so they were horrified that I wanted to be Catholic but after a lot of fighting (five years in fact) I got to become Catholic and realized after two years it was a LARGE mistake. I could not accept that Jesus was God in the flesh nor could I accept many other things. I was in love with the Catholic idea, the ceremony, the tradition, etc. but my theology was radically different from the Catholic Catechism and I was lost so I stopped going intirely almost half a year ago.

Then came the second stage. I realized the reason I had problems with Christianity (which I am no longer part of nor do I describe myself as a Christian) was that I am a strict and ardent Monotheist. This led me to love Judaism and I began studying and praying in a Jewish fashion. Two days ago I met with the local Rabbi who loved me but this Rabbi told me to study for a year before I could even start, even START conversion classes!!! I understand the need of reflection before making a big decision like becoming a Jew but that is almost like spiritual torture! To become a half-way soul is not appealing and I feel like an outcast.

Well I am part of a large religious forum online and I posted some hateful things about Islam and the night I did I got so afflicted I couldn't stand it! I cried and felt sick and then I started reading the Koran. Now I have read it before and I found out how horrible my translation was. I went and bought a new translation and I am now rereading the Koran with vigor, I'm drinking it up and can't get enough of it! I LOVE this, it shows how important a good translation is!

Now I am torn. I am expecting a call back from the Rabbi who is going to meet with me again but now I feel a call to Islam that I can't shake so I am stuck in the middle of the three great Abrahamic faiths.

Well this is where I am now, typing this testimony, rereading the Koran and meeting with Rabbis! I can only pray that God gives me guidance.

ripefig

Advice

Peace be on you,

My humble advice to you is to pray to God Almighty (SINCERELY) and ask for his guidance. If you believe in one God, that is a good start. If the almighty guides you, then you will never waiver in your belief again. As Muslims we believe in one God, who is far exalted above having a partner, son, mother etc. to share in his Majesty. Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the last Prophet with the final message. As a Jew, you will have to deny the Prophet hood of Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them). As a Muslim you will acknowledge Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them) as Prophets of the one and only God. May God Almighty Guide you.

P.S. Remember on the day of judgment the Rabbi will not be there to answer for you. You are the only one responsible for your actions or non actions. Thank you.:shake:

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
:ma: May Allah grant you Peace and Blessings.And may you become staunch Muslim.Islam stresses Reasoned belief.Use your instincts and explore the Beauty of Allah's Power, Mercifulness and Might through the Teachings of the One true Religion, Islam.

hambaAllah

welcome you

dear readandseek

:SMILY206 to TTI
do stay put here and read/watch all the islamic articles here and hopefully
Allah swt will guide u to the right path

:hijabi:

Muslim-

I thought I would introduce myself and tell everyone my story.

I am a convert to Catholicism and became fascinated with it at a very young age. My parents are both non practicing but baptized Protestants so they were horrified that I wanted to be Catholic but after a lot of fighting (five years in fact) I got to become Catholic and realized after two years it was a LARGE mistake. I could not accept that Jesus was God in the flesh nor could I accept many other things. I was in love with the Catholic idea, the ceremony, the tradition, etc. but my theology was radically different from the Catholic Catechism and I was lost so I stopped going intirely almost half a year ago.

Then came the second stage. I realized the reason I had problems with Christianity (which I am no longer part of nor do I describe myself as a Christian) was that I am a strict and ardent Monotheist. This led me to love Judaism and I began studying and praying in a Jewish fashion. Two days ago I met with the local Rabbi who loved me but this Rabbi told me to study for a year before I could even start, even START conversion classes!!! I understand the need of reflection before making a big decision like becoming a Jew but that is almost like spiritual torture! To become a half-way soul is not appealing and I feel like an outcast.

Well I am part of a large religious forum online and I posted some hateful things about Islam and the night I did I got so afflicted I couldn't stand it! I cried and felt sick and then I started reading the Koran. Now I have read it before and I found out how horrible my translation was. I went and bought a new translation and I am now rereading the Koran with vigor, I'm drinking it up and can't get enough of it! I LOVE this, it shows how important a good translation is!

Now I am torn. I am expecting a call back from the Rabbi who is going to meet with me again but now I feel a call to Islam that I can't shake so I am stuck in the middle of the three great Abrahamic faiths.

Well this is where I am now, typing this testimony, rereading the Koran and meeting with Rabbis! I can only pray that God gives me guidance.

The best thing to do is choose the truth. It's a fascinating story, and I hope everything goes well for you. Feel free to ask any questions you have here!

allmuslimsrequal

Hello! How your story flooded me with memories!
I was in your shoes at a point in my life--- and I studied every translation of the Bible I could get my hands on- I didnt want to leave my faith, but I new in my heart that God is one. God is all-powerful and all-knowing, and that there were ways to get to Heaven based on our good actions, good intentions, our charitable natures, and our respect for our families and our submission and devotion to God. There is a way to act, a way to present yourself, and a way to pray.

I wish you the best of luck on your spiritual journey. Please continue your research, and keep your Heart open to Allah (swt)

It has been over 3 years since I accepted Islam- and it has changed my life for the better and I thank God everyday for it. :tti_sister:

All the best.
-sara

Prosijak

Selam

Ask allah for guidence and you will recieve it. May allah guide you to the truth brother. I can see that deep down you are a muslim since you are looking for god in your heart. May peace and blessing be upon you and may allah humble you in your quest. Choose the way of allah. Selam

happy 2 b muslim

salam everyone

i feel as a muslim i should say something. well i must say that it takes a strong heart also how much you show interst in the religions.You said you believe in monotheist well accorrding to jews ezra was the son of god as they say one who is loved by god however this isnt true monotheism as the creator has no son or father nor being. Islam shows us that ALLah created every being to worship him alone also lets say if you were a creator would you create a begin to be worship instead of you secondly if you were the creator would you say that the loved ones are your sons. However if they were love by god and therefor were his son them what is the rest of us if we are not jews and were kind hearted. i would like to say i respect u as i am resonding it takes courage. For more information listen to some of yusuf estes or sheik khalid yasin and hamza yusuf on youtube. The best advice i could give as a muslim is seek guidance also keep it up with reading the quran true words of allah and read up the hadiths(word of the prophet) of the prophet also if you seek truely on the truth it will come inshallah (willing of allah).

i will make a dua for you inshallah.....
(hold your hands up)
O allah please guide us and admit us to paradise .O ALLAH we worship you alone as you had created us with no help as we need your help.pure are mind and souls O allah we turn to you alone.) ameen :tti_sister: :SMILY259:

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Wow, incredible situation. I was nearly brought to tears when I read of your reaction to saying hateful things about Islam so publically... May God have mercy on you, and on me, for our mistakes. I do wish you the best of sentiments on your spiritual journey, and join the others here in offering sincere dialog should you have any questions. Don't worry, we won't require you to study up for a year before allowing you to concider accepting the divine truth. ;-) They say Allah guides who He wills - I believe it and hope you're to be one with us. The heavenly family is never big enough; Eternity is a long time to spend with the same, few people. ;-p

Anyhow, if you love, respect, and believe in Jesus as the Messiah - born by God's will as the one who will destroy evil here on Earth and who teaches mankind so perfectly about love (as I did when I was a Christian) - you will have a difficult time reverting to Judaism as the brother 'Ripefig' meantioned. You'd also have to come to detest that Qur'an you so adamantly "can't get enough of" as the "fictions of Satan's false prophet" ... but like Christ said, "Any kingdom divided against itself will surely fall" when he was accused of casting out demons with the help of demons, as I recall.

At any rate, please feel welcome here and I wish you the best. I'll say a prayer for guidance from God for you now, where/whoever you may be. =) Take care.

Bluegazer

Hello ReadandSeak

Welcome to this forum.

I admire your search for God Almighty's true religion. The most important thing you mentioned was your ardent monotheism. That is a very important point, and I ask Allah the Exalted to guide you to Islam and strengthen your faith. I have the following suggestions:

1- Direct your prayers and supplications to the only one who should be worshiped, God Almighty [i.e. and not to Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] or the Holy Spirit] and ask Him to guide you to His true religion.

2- Continue reading from a good translation of the Qur'an.

3- Read about Islam from books written by Muslim scholars. The following are some of my favourites:

a- "The Fundamentals of Tawheed [Islamic Monotheism]" by Dr. Bilal Philips
b- "Salvation through Repentance" by Dr. Bilal Philips

I hope you all the best ReadandSeak,

Bluegazer

Mariya

Hey confused person

Hi readandseek!

Im mariya, a revert to Islam. It is great that u are a firm monotheistic believer. as muslims also are. I believe that Allah has given u this curiousity so that u can go and seek the truth for yourself. Although u are not a muslim (yet maybe) from the experiences i have had with 'choosing' religion is that Islam answered all my questions. Which other holy book is there that hasnt been altered for 1400 years?
Pray from your heart sincerly and Allah will guide u. trust me it works because i have been in a position similar to u. Ill also pray for u :tti_sister: