Nafl Prayers???

__Enslaved___

Es-Selaam 'aleykum
I need help brothers and sisters.
My question for you is is permissible to pray Nafl Prayers anytime or is there any restricted times?
Thank you

:jazaak:

__Enslaved___

:salam2:

Thanks sis :jazaak:

I heard that before but I still get confused ...I don't watch the sun that much(......it could burn your eyes).
so could someone be a bit more specific please

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I usually pray Nafl after I have finished the obligated prayers and the Sunnah.

You can always offer prayer anytime you want, except the time of Sunrise, Sunset, and sun at its zenith like the above poster mentioned.

Perhaps another brother or sister can answer his question better.

:wasalam:

Shoaib

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

This is what the scholars say about it. I hope this will be helpful, inshaAllah.

Times when it is forbidden to pray

Can you please tell me what are the forbidden times of prayers in a day.

Praise be to Allaah.

There are times when it is forbidden to pray. They are as follows:
From dawn until sunrise

From sunrise until the sun has risen to the height of a spear above the horizon; nowadays this is regarded as equivalent to twelve minutes after sunrise, but to be on the safe side one should make it a quarter of an hour.
When the sun is overhead at noon, until it has passed its zenith

From ‘Asr prayer until sunset

When the sun starts to set until it is completely set

These times may be summed up more briefly as follows:

From dawn until the sun has risen to the height of a spear

When it is directly overhead at noon until it has passed its zenith

From ‘Asr prayer until the sun has set completely.

When we say from dawn, we mean that one should not offer voluntary prayers after the adhaan of Fajr except the Sunnah of Fajr. This is the view of the Hanbalis. The Shaafa’is are of the view that the prohibition has to do with Fajr prayer itself, so it is not forbidden to offer voluntary prayers between the adhaan and iqaamah, rather it is forbidden to offer voluntary prayers after offering the obligatory prayer of Fajr.

This is the more correct view, but one should not offer any voluntary prayer after dawn apart from the two Sunnah rak’ahs of Fajr, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) only prayed two brief rak’ahs after dawn had broken.
See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 4/160.

This is indicated by the report narrated by al-Bukhaari (547) and Muslim (1367) from Ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: Some trustworthy men bore witness in my presence, the most trustworthy of whom in my view was ‘Umar, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade praying after Fajr until the sun had risen and after ‘Asr until the sun had set.”

Al-Bukhaari (548) and Muslim (1371) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the top edge of the sun has risen, then delay praying until it has risen above the horizon, and when the lower part of the sun has set, delay praying until it is fully set.”

Al-Bukhaari (551) narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no prayer after Fajr until the sun has risen fully, and no prayer after ‘Asr until the sun has set.”

Muslim (1373) narrated that ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir al-Juhani said: “There are three times at which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to pray or to bury our dead: when the sun has clearly started to rise until it is fully risen, when it is directly overhead at midday until it has passed its zenith, and when the sun starts to set until it has fully set.”

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

We need to start with a little clarification. In English, the word "prayer" is used for every supplication to Allah. With this understanding of prayer in mind, we must say that prayer is never forbidden. We may beseech our Lord at all times under all circumstances. Allah always hears us.

When we speak about the times prayer is forbidden, we are speaking about the formal prayers that are prescribed to be carried out in a particular manner: with standing, bowing, prostrations, and sitting – each movement with its prescribed recitations.

In Arabic, the word for supplication is du`â while the word fro formal prayers is salâh. In English, the world "prayer" is used for both.

A Muslim may voluntarily offer formal prayers – above an beyond the five obligatory prescribed daily prayers – when he or she likes. However, there are certain times of day when offering such prayers is forbidden.

These times are, broadly speaking, three.

1. From dawn until the Sun has risen and ascended in the sky the height of a spear.

Scholars differ regarding what is meant by "after dawn". Hanbalî scholars are of the opinion that all voluntary prayers are forbidden from the time of dawn – in other words, from the time of the adhân for the Fajr prayer – except for the two Sunnah units associated with the Fajr prayer.

Other scholars disagree. They are of the opinion that voluntary prayers are only becomes prohibited after a person offers the obligatory Fajr prayer. A person may offer as many voluntary prayers as he or she likes after the adhân for Fajr but before offering the Fajr prayer. This opinion seems more likely to be the correct one.

In any event, it is better to suffice with the two-unit Sunnah prayer for Fajr and avoid offering extra voluntary prayers before the obligatory Fajr prayer, because that is in conformity with the Prophet's practice. He would only offer two brief units of prayer after the adhân for Fajr before offering the obligatory Fajr prayer. He never prayed more than that during this period of time.

As for how long it takes after sunrise for the Sun to ascend to the height of a spear, it is roughly 12 minutes to a quarter of an hour after sunrise.

2. From the time the Sun reaches its zenith in the sky until it begins its descent.

When the Sun reaches its maximum height for the day, the shadows it causes objects to cast will be at their shortest. When the Sun begins its westward descent, these shadows will begin to increase again. This period of time is quite brief. It does not exceed around ten minutes before the time of the Zuhr prayer.

3. From after the `Asr prayer until the Sun has set.

There is agreement in this case that voluntary prayer is only forbidden for a person after that person has offered the obligatory `Asr prayer. A person may offer as many voluntary prayers as he or she likes after the adhân for `Asr but before offering the obligatory `Asr prayer.

The Evidence

`Umar relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) "prohibited formal prayers after the dawn prayer up until the time that the Sun had risen, and after `Asr until the Sun has set." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (547) and Sahîh Muslim (1367)]

Abû Sa`îd al-Khudrî relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "There is no prayer after the dawn prayer until the Sun has risen well into the sky, nor after `Asr until the Sun has disappeared." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (551)]

When the edge of the Sun first appears, leave off offering prayers until it has risen in the sky. Wneh the Sun's edge disappears, leave off offering prayer until it is fully set." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (548) and Sahîh Muslim (1371)]

`Uqbah b. `Âmir al-Juhanî said: "Allah's Messenger prohibited us form offering prayers and from burying our dead during three time periods: from when the sun rises until it is fully risen, from when it reaches its zenith until it begins to decline, and from the time it begins to set until it is fully set." [Sahîh Muslim (1373)]

Voluntary Prayers with Reasons that Precede Them

There are some voluntary formal prayers that are prescribed for particular reasons or on particular occasions. These reasons can occur during one of the timeframes wherein prayer is forbidden. These include the eclipse prayer, the two units to be offered after circumambulating the Ka`bah, the two units to be offered upon entering the mosque, and the units offered after performing one's ablutions.

Scholars differ regarding whether these formal voluntary prayers may be offered at the times when voluntary prayer is forbidden. The strongest view is that these prayers are permitted on the strength of the reason that they are prescribed for. The prohibition is for offering general voluntary prayers that are not preceded by a reason that is prescribed for them by the Sunnah.

And Allah knows best.

www.islamtoday.com