Name of "ALLAH" is not exclusive to islam?

zedbj

Assalamualaykum..

Dear bro abd sis... I m quite distress with the news from court proceeding in Malaysia whereby a catholic group want to declare that the word of ALLAH is not exclusive to islam. The foloowing is newspaper news about this issue (Published in STAR on 5th May 2008).

What is your opinion? Is there a basis in islam itself? I am asking this because muslims in Malaysia so quiet about this issue and i don't know what islam stand on this issue.

Personally I feel ALLAH is exclusive to muslim, if others start using and associated themselves then a lot of shirks and unjustified attribute would be associated to ALLAH...

====================================================
High Court grants Church leave to seek judicial review

KUALA LUMPUR: The High Court on Monday granted the Catholic Church leave to seek judicial review over the government's decision to forbid the use of the word "Allah" in its weekly publication Herald.

In January, former Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Abdullah Mohd Zin said the Herald was not allowed to use the word "Allah" in its publications, citing Cabinet decisions on the matter.

He said restrictions on the use of the word "Allah", as decided by the Cabinet in two of its meetings on Oct 18 and Nov 1 2006, were in force and were to be upheld.

On Dec 31 last year, the publication’s editor Father Lawrence Andrew said the weekly was allowed to continue printing its Bahasa Malaysia section with no restriction on the use of the word "Allah" for God.

He said a representative from the Internal Security Ministry delivered a letter dated Dec 28 with the permit to print the newspaper and that according to him, the letter did not place any restrictions whatsoever.

The newspaper carries reports in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Tamil and Chinese, about the Catholic community. It has a circulation of 12,000.

=====================================================

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

"God" is most often conceived of as the creator and overseer of the universe.(our creator, the one we all worship, even christians and jews)

"Allah" (Arabic: الله, Allāh) is the standard Arabic word for "God". While the term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God, it is used by Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, in reference to "God".

Before Islam, Some Christians and jews worshiped God alone and they'v known HIM by HIS name "Allah". Thats HIS name to all mankind to call HIM by, It cant be exclusive just to muslims.

Same thing goes with Muhammed, it is the same in both arabic and english, because names dont change in pronunciation, but they may change in thier meanings.

zedbj

I really don't know why now they fighting for this. I believe their purpose is to confuse muslims. BTW I hope in time to come ...more christians in Malaysia be able to see that Jesus is not God ( ..or Jesus is not Allah). I am pondering with so little knowledge in me, what can I do to spread about the real Allah. InsyaAllah...I'll try my best ..may Allah forgive me for my weakness ..ameen.