Names SHOULD be....?????

dandorma

A person's name is his title, by which he is called in this world and in the

Hereafter.Hence it is the child's right that his father should choose a good

name for him.Nicknames have an effect on a person.There is nothing wrong

with encouraging unusual names if they sound good and have agood meaning,

both in linguistic and shariaa terms.ALLAH says,giving Zakariya the glad tidings

of Yahya:"we have given that name to none before (him)"[Q19:7]

So, names effect on you ...and may reflect who you are.....

what is your opinion... ?...........

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Assalamo Alaikum...

I am love learning about names...I seriously keep a list of names I like because I'm interested in that topic so much...

As for my name..my name is very unique..it sounds VERY AMERICAN...very NON-ARAB..I should say..and people even think I have changed it because I live in the United States...but my name is actually VERY ARABIC..it is in the Qura'an even..and it has different meanings..

one meaning is *extreme heat* <<< strangely I do have a bit of a temper problem..hehe

and another meaning is *all that is planted within earth..and is harvested after a lengthy wait* <<< sounds more like a story than a meaning..but that's really *just* a definition..lol

I also found out..through independent research..that my name is a short version of the name of the mother of the Virgin Mary...who's name is supposedly Hannah?...I don't know if that is correct I will need to find out about it from Islamic sources...

I hated my name when I was younger..it practically gave me a complex..because I got asked about it so much and fellow Arabs butchered its pronunciation so much even though its only two letters :S..but now I have come to love it..especially because I recently met many people who thought my name is so beautiful and rare (compliments always help!)

and that is my share of the name ordeal...

Wa Alaikum Assalam

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Allah SWT says:
(33:5) Call them (adopted sons) by (the names of) their fathers, that is more just with Allâh. But if you know not their father's (names, call them) your brothers in faith and Mawâlîkum (your freed slaves). And there is no sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. And Allâh is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

1. Names: Mohammed, Ahmes, Salih, Bakr..etc.

2. By sons: Abu Bakr, Abul-Waleed, Abu Huraira, Bint Ali..etc. ("Abu" means father of)

3. By fathers: Ibn Omar, Ibn Saad, Ibn Taimiah, Bint Ali..etc. ("Ibn" means son of, And "Bint" means daughter of)

4. Nicknames: Abu Turab, Ibn Alqayim, Al-Hasan... ( these are simillar to those called by sons or fathers, But they are not names of sons or fathers).. Explaination:

- Abu Turab: means some one who had a situation with Turab (Turab=Sand), so they relate Turab to him by "Abu". (To relate something to someone)

- Ibn Alqayim: His father was Qayim (like a manager) of a Jawzia (a school or so) so the son is called "Ibn Qayim Al-Jawzia" meaning "Son of the manager of the school", Or sometimes called "Ibn Al-Qayim" for short. (To relate someone to someone elses)

- Al-Hasan: Its a charactaristic.. "Hasan" means good or handsam..etc. (named by a charactaristic in him/her)

These are the four common types of arabic names, Hope this clarifies

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Names....

Picture Buelah
Now picture Samantha

Picture Oscar
Now picture Chris

Picture Buford
Now picture Travis

Picture Eunice
Now picture Katie

Picture Bertha
Now picture Linda

Picture Gaylord
Now picture Steve

In each instance, you will automatically picture a different person depending on the tune to their name.

Names have a lot to do with pictures in a persons mind and the ultimate things in life that a person goes through because of their name.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Assalamo Alaikum...

I am love learning about names...I seriously keep a list of names I like because I'm interested in that topic so much...

As for my name..my name is very unique..it sounds VERY AMERICAN...very NON-ARAB..I should say..and people even think I have changed it because I live in the United States...but my name is actually VERY ARABIC..it is in the Qura'an even..and it has different meanings..

one meaning is *extreme heat* <<< strangely I do have a bit of a temper problem..hehe

and another meaning is *all that is planted within earth..and is harvested after a lengthy wait* <<< sounds more like a story than a meaning..but that's really *just* a definition..lol

I also found out..through independent research..that my name is a short version of the name of the mother of the Virgin Mary...who's name is supposedly Hannah?...I don't know if that is correct I will need to find out about it from Islamic sources...

I hated my name when I was younger..it practically gave me a complex..because I got asked about it so much and fellow Arabs butchered its pronunciation so much even though its only two letters :S..but now I have come to love it..especially because I recently met many people who thought my name is so beautiful and rare (compliments always help!)

Wa Alaikum Assalam

Now I wanna know what your name is, you've gotten me interested!

al-islam

Assalamo Alaikum...

Wa Alaikum Assalam

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMEON SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAT IS YOUR NAME??????????????? YOU GOT ME SO CURIOUS

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
hhhhhmmmmm

Should I make a profit off of the interest I just provoked???

if I charged $10.50 for every question posted about my name..and I added an additional $.50 for every question posted after the 10th question...how much could I possibly end up with???!!!

hhhhmmmmmm

:lol:

naaaaaaahhhhh!!!...Ramadhan is around the corner..

I'll be nice!!! :D

well...my names is:

Ann...and it's written آن in Arabic :shymuslima1:

and I actually forgot to write another meaning for it...it can also mean *time*..hehe

weird how two letters (in Arabic) can mean so much right?

I hope everyone's curiousity is satisfied now..lol

:wasalam: