Nasheed Al Burda by Mohamed Al Hasian

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: very nice nasheed however it has some elements of shirk read this article plz...

Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi said when asked about this poem if it contained anything good.

Quote:
Salaam Alaikum

Yes, there is much in the poem that is praiseworhty and beautiful. In fact, certain sections will even move you to tears.

However, that doesn't change the fact that there is blatant shirk in all three categories of tahweed in that poem: shrik in ruboobiyyah, uloohiyyah and asma wa sifaat.
Therefore, the poem should not and cannot be read except to correct these exceses.
As for the alleged story of how the poem was written, the Prophet (saw) would not appear to anyone and praise him had he written soemthing of shirk. It is only the mystics who base their religion on dreams and fairy-tales; as for the true Muslm, he has the Quran and authentic Sunnah as his only true guides.

BTW, just so no one things I haven't read the poem or am passing judgments w/o any knoweldge:
An example of shirk in ruboobiyyah is the stanza:
"And of your generosity is the (creation) of the Wolrd and its co-wife (meaning the Hereafter)..." Here it is as if the World and the Hereafter was created from the generosity of the Prophet (SAW).

An example of Shirk in Asma wa sifaat:
"And part of your knowledge is the knowlege of the Tablet and the Pen..." So PART of the knowledge of the Prophet (SAW) is the knoewledge that is encompassed in the LAwh al-Mahufdh - the tablet that has EVERYTHING written on it!! and that is only 'part' of his knowledge!! Compare this mystic poem with the authentic hadeeth in Bukhari where a young girl said "And we have a prophet who knows what will happen tommorrow.' to which the Prophet (SAW) said, "Leave this (bit), and say the rest of it."

Example of shirk in uloohiyyah:
" And who else there, besides you, who I can call out, at times of distress and problems?" Umm... how about our Creator, the only one the Prophet (SAW) HIMSELF would turn to at times of distress??

The poem is a prime example of over-praising the Prophet (SAW) and putting him ina place where even he himself would not like. We will discuss it more in Aqeedah 101 insha Allah.

Yasir

here is a link for the article
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?p=55463

ptmona

Al salamo alaikom warahmato allahy wabarakatoh :)
Click the link below to download the nasheed.
(Link Deleted!! )
I hope find it inspiring as i did.

ptmona

Thank you for your reply...i never looked at it that way thought, i always listened to it in nasheeds that did not include shirk sections, however; after reviewing the link u enclosed, i checked the original poem -never read it as a whole-& i noticed some exaggeration or putting the prophet in a place he wouldn't like to be put in , as you said...so thanx!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

yes, jazakallahu khayr. we hav policy of deleting that song. It is full of Shirk.

Im glad you read the article again sister ptmona. I deleted the link that you posted.

Unfortunately a lot of people are using this song in various videos etc.

ptmona

The section included in the nasheed i posted did not have any shirk sections, but i respect your policy anyway.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
The section included in the nasheed i posted did not have any shirk sections, but i respect your policy anyway.

Assalamu alaykum, sorry i did not listen to it. if it was an edited version then its not a prob.... but, i guess its better its off so to avoid confusion and not let people get used to it.

wasalam

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: brother...where did you check to make sure it didnt include shirk? i was told it was taken from that poem. i think it is best to leave the doubtful because shirk is a really dangerous thing as the prophet (saw) said "it is like a black ant on a black rock in a moonless light" thats how unnocitecable it is. :wasalam:

jenn

shirk in the burdah?

:salam2:
Could someone please point out the shirk in the burdah. I used to attend gatherings where it was very popular but had no idea about it having shirk. Please advise.
TIA

Abul Harith

Staff member
Asalam alaikom sister Jenn,

Please read Caramel_Queen's post above for examples of shirk in the three major categories of Tawheed which are contained in the Burdah.

Shokran

Wasalam

ptmona

:salam2: Sister Caramel_queen; i'm a sister too!
Well...being an arab, i didn't find myself in need to check the 6 lines inluded in the version i posted...the burda is too long to be performed in one nasheed, so the nasheeds taken from the burda usually contains 6 lines or something that are easily understood by any arabic person, but as i said; i checked the whole poem & i found that it contains shirk & i am totally covinced with that...but i know for sure that the lines in Mohamed el Hasians nasheed did not, but having said in a previos post that i respect your policy, i don't find it any useful to argue about it anymore...:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:
Could someone please point out the shirk in the burdah. I used to attend gatherings where it was very popular but had no idea about it having shirk. Please advise.
TIA

Wa alaykum Salam,

Its important we attend gatherings where all forms of Shirk and Bidah are not present in any of the material presented.

Unfortunately there are certain people who have unclear view on what the above are....

InshaAllah once we understand some of the important issues we can distinguish what is right and wrong with regards to our beliefs in Allah.

The following Section has a lot of important articles Alhamdulilah:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Infact, i'd say the articles there are the most important part of the whole site.

Take Care,

wasalam.