بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
This is being posted in order so that the rules not have to be re-stated individually every time things are removed from this section, and to serve as a general precaution when one posts anything on here.
1. Remember that the Qur'aan should always be placed as first priority in your heart. If you find that you listen to nasheed more than Qur'aan, or if you see that Nasheed effect your heart more than the Qur'aan, perhaps you should take a break from them and question your heart truly, as it is the Qur'aan which will be an intercessor on the Day of Judgement; it is the Qur'aan which will raise you in ranks - thus I ask you to evaluate yourself.
2. Please do not post Nasheed Videos with Music!! This has been discussed countless times on the forum, and should not be an excuse for anyone. If you have not seen the threads about it, please be view the following link: Evidence that Music is Haraam
The Prophet said (which means), "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allaah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." [Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, Number 494].
If you still prefer to disagree with us on this matter, then remember what has been posted above, and remember that you stand before your Lord on the Day of Judgment, and would you not rather stay away from what many scholars have declared Haraam, just to remain in the clear?
Whatever the case, these are the rules that stand on TurnToIslam, and remember that Moderator word is final in this case, so please do not argue.
3. Do not place videos in which women are used as background pictures, but are not properly covered. This includes extra adornments, even if she is wearing "hijaab" please remember that Hijaab is more than something that covers your hair. If they are exposed in other ways or have make-up, make themselves appealing to those watching, do not cover the areas ordained in hijaab (including their chests etc) then do not post them in the public section! This should not need be said, as it should be common sense insha'Allah.
4. Also, following the above, do not place aNasheed by grown women singers in this section either. In generality a woman's voice is not awrah, but if one is to adorn it and to beautify it, then certainly it would serve as beyond those bounds, and thus be disallowed.
5. Any Nasheed which promotes things which scholars have deemed haraam, or disliked and places them in a pleasing way, or has elements which are not correct will be removed.
More reminders may be added later. But I hope one will keep these in mind while posting. Nasheed are not wrong to listen to, and are deemed permissible following certain outlines, but one should also remember there is a balance and rules in everything in Islaam, thus we have to be careful to not exceed them.