Nation Of Islam (Black Muslims)

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Where is that Muslim goodwill and patience I keep hearing about(and which I'm getting from some of the members here)? It certainly isn't coming form you. I study at my own pace.

Did I use any offense about you?

I very sincerely had asked you to spend some considerable time in studying Quran. The time you are giving here you can first give that time to study Quran, it will be very much benefitial for you. And I am advising you this on the basis of Good will.

The absence of patience applies to you instead. Because you are jumping to conclude every other comment and question instead of getting your answers from Quran.

If you still doubt about my motives and good will then I will try to refain from answering your questions (given that you remain serious).

Bye.

Globalpeace

Banned
Nation of Islam Followers are NOT Muslims!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I have some experience in dealing with the Nation of Islam & African-American Sunni & Shia Reverts (Men & Women). Followers of Nation are NOT Muslims and they do NOT call themselves Muslims; they call themselves followers of "Nation of Islam"; and there is a reason for that title and it you read it into history (1960's and before) you will know why.

1) They beleive in the Qur'aan and read from it in their sermons which I have attended countless times but NOT the Hadeeth. Their interpretation of the Qur'aan is based on intellect and not Sunnah (obviously)

2) They don't beleive in Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)

3) They don't believe in Allah (SWT) as we do; rather they have a belief of incarnation (Avtar) about diety similar to Hindus. Master WD Muhammed was an Avtar!

4) Their prayer is also different to our Salah; although they do now call the Adhan in their temples; but in English...I have NOT seen 1 temple where the Adhan is given in Arabic...but giving Adhan is a recent change

All 4 of these are undisputable facts that you can verify anyday by visiting any of their temples up and down the country or visiting the Firday congregation.

You can also meet many Brothers/Sisters (including Imam Siraj Wahaj) who used to be Ex-Nation preachers & are very familiar with their beliefs. I suggest that you find any of these Ex-Natioan Brothers/Sisters and have a thorugh conversation with them.

There is not an ounce of doubt that they are NOT Muslims; I beleive that you have been misinformed & given incorrect information.

Please note that if you ever meet a Qadiyani they will also give you incorrect information about their beleifs.

P.S: Hope that I am not hurting your feelings in anyway.

P.P.S: Since you guys havn't mentioned 5%'s and Black panthers; I will also leave it.

I actually met a member of the Nation yesterday, it was a bit weird, but he clarified a few things Firstly they do not beleive that Elijah Muhammad is a prophet, but a messenger sent to the blacks to rise them to there rightful position in society (especially in the US where at the time, and unfortuately til today they are often treated with prejudice). The definition of prophet and messenger are obviously debateable, but the members of the Nation make a distinction so we must respect their beleifs. Secondly contrary to public opinion they do not beleive in the racial supriority of black people but do beleive that black people were created first. This is what the man I met said, and if that is there beleifs then I respect them if they are respecting the Quran and Hadith and anything that might not be the same as in other sects of Islam that is up to them, and in the end Allah will judge all of us.

It is also important to note that most black american Mslims are not members of the Nation of Islam, they are a minority within Islam and within african american Muslims.

But it is incorrect to assume that the Nation was the first boost in African-American Islam, it was just the first extremely publicices one, from what I know many African Slaves brought to the US were muslim (about one third) and many African American reverts beleive that embracing Islam is a part of their history and culture and see it as a way of restoring their rights, because often African Muslims were forced to convert due to their "owners" CHristian beleifs.

Please correct me if I've said anything wrong here.

boupj

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I have some experience in dealing with the Nation of Islam & African-American Sunni & Shia Reverts (Men & Women). Followers of Nation are NOT Muslims and they do NOT call themselves Muslims; they call themselves followers of "Nation of Islam"; and there is a reason for that title and it you read it into history (1960's and before) you will know why.

1) They beleive in the Qur'aan and read from it in their sermons which I have attended countless times but NOT the Hadeeth. Their interpretation of the Qur'aan is based on intellect and not Sunnah (obviously)

3) They don't believe in Allah (SWT) as we do; rather they have a belief of incarnation (Avtar) about diety similar to Hindus. Master WD Muhammed was an Avtar!

4) Their prayer is also different to our Salah; although they do now call the Adhan in their temples; but in English...I have NOT seen 1 temple where the Adhan is given in Arabic...but giving Adhan is a recent change

All 4 of these are undisputable facts that you can verify anyday by visiting any of their temples up and down the country or visiting the Firday congregation.

You can also meet many Brothers/Sisters (including Imam Siraj Wahaj) who used to be Ex-Nation preachers & are very familiar with their beliefs. I suggest that you find any of these Ex-Natioan Brothers/Sisters and have a thorugh conversation with them.

There is not an ounce of doubt that they are NOT Muslims; I beleive that you have been misinformed & given incorrect information.

Please note that if you ever meet a Qadiyani they will also give you incorrect information about their beleifs.

P.P.S: Since you guys havn't mentioned 5%'s and Black panthers; I will also leave it.

I know that we don't consider them Muslims, but I was just rearticulating what the brother I met told me, and since he was very respectful to us and our beleifs I figured I would go out on a limb and show some respect to their organization, but Yes, Glabal peace you are right there are many things about the Nation which are clearly un-Islamic, Insha'Allah our brothers and sisters in the Nation will be guided by Allah. Nah don't worry you aren't hurting my feelings, all you did was state what you knew about the Nation, if I ever meet another member of the Nation I will ask them about these things, because I would like to see their point of view.

Oh and I have a follow up question, I was just wondering peoples' opinions, do you think it's more dificult to get misguided Muslims to see the true Islam or non_Muslims (of course in the end it's up to Allah who he guides, but I thought it would be intersting to share our experiences with people of other sects of Islam)

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Yep; showing everyone respect is our responsibility. In my experience Nation of Islam followers are nice bunch of guys n gals!

Its defintely harder to show misguided "anyone" the true Islam because in their own opinion they are on guidence

verses

It is easeir to discuss with people who are searching or atleast unbiased and willing to listen to your argument...

Sometimes you can agree to disagree & with a lot of "misguided people"; you can't even do that peacefully!

I know that we don't consider them Muslims, but I was just rearticulating what the brother I met told me, and since he was very respectful to us and our beleifs I figured I would go out on a limb and show some respect to their organization, but Yes, Glabal peace you are right there are many things about the Nation which are clearly un-Islamic, Insha'Allah our brothers and sisters in the Nation will be guided by Allah. Nah don't worry you aren't hurting my feelings, all you did was state what you knew about the Nation, if I ever meet another member of the Nation I will ask them about these things, because I would like to see their point of view.

Oh and I have a follow up question, I was just wondering peoples' opinions, do you think it's more dificult to get misguided Muslims to see the true Islam or non_Muslims (of course in the end it's up to Allah who he guides, but I thought it would be intersting to share our experiences with people of other sects of Islam)

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

5%-ers and Panthers are not necessarily the same thing, right? Black Panthers strive (or strove, man, are they even still going??) for Black equality, whereas 5%-ers tie religion into their wider societal beliefs, and their religion is formally known as 'the Nation of the Gods and the Earths'. The fact that they use the plural word 'Gods' immediately tells us that they are NOT Muslims, however, SOME of their beliefs and practices are pseudo-Islamic. Ultimately, though, 5%-ers don't generally claim to be Muslim at all, rather they claim to be amongst the minority (hence the name) of those who are 'enlightened' to the truth. Regardless of sect, Muslims make up around late 20s-30% of the earth's population, as we (and 5%-ers) know, so therefore 5%-ers by very definition exclude the the vast majority of Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc. as 'unenlightened', and are therefore obviously not Muslim.

Also I believe that 5%-ers claim not to be bound by any religious rules or rituals - which is pretty much unlike ANY other religion - and believe in self-improvement first and foremost.

Moreover, there are some 5%-ers who are not Black, hence they are not necessarily inherently linked to the ideologies of the Panthers. Notable non-Black 5%-ers include The Beatnuts (hip-hop group) and Vinny Paz (rapper in the group Jedi Mind Tricks), who are all Latino.

visionusman

being content
Dear Fabs I have to say everyone is welcome to write here, but not every one has the patience Islam preaches. I am sorry if any of us has been impatient to you. I agree you should read at your own pace and if you find it to be true, you alone would have been saved inshAllah. I would be very happy for you. If on the other hand you decide not to accept it that again will be totally up to you and no loss to any one else. So read at your own pace and ask whatever you want, but please don't be offended by any one. If you do find some thing offensive complain to the adminstrator. Patience is indeed a virtue.