Need advice and help please

msrebgui

Asalamu Walaikum all,

I am a revert to Islam of about 5 years Alhumdulillah! What I know of Islam which isn't that much I learned on my own by reading books coming to this site and a few friends. Then I came upon a Musala that said they taught the correct deen and so I started learning from them for about 6 months. The things I learned was completely different from what I learned on my own but they mentioned blashpemy alot and stated that this is a form of shirk but worse, so this really confused me as I thought the only way to leave Islam is by committing shirk. I didn't know that everyday sayings (May Allah subhana wa t'ala forgive me if I am wrong) like I want to get married in front of Allah(not meaning it literally astagfirullah) could mean that you are committing blashemy and you stepped outside of Islam so you have to say Shahadah again. They say this because Allah subhana wa ta a'la exists without a place so to say you want to get married in front of Allah you are saying Allah has a place, which I was not meaning by that saying. But this is not the only thing that I found out from them, if you are to see money on the ground(in the US change has the name of God on it)you have to pick it up cause it has the name of God on the money. I was also told, since I am american my arabic is not that great that I can't say my prayers until I get it checked by someone at the Musala to verify it and make sure I am pronouncing arabic correctly. So I have to just say Allahu Akbar at least 20 times during my prayer. Another thing I was told that there is two ways of doing Wudu?????? I was only shown one way by my husband which is to start with your hands up to your wrists 3 times etc etc. They told me that was the sunnah Wudu that I have to get that checked and showed me a different way where all you have to do is wipe your face leaving nothing dry from the hair line to your chin and side to side, then your arms pass your elbows, then one swip on the top of your head, then your feet up pass your ankles. Is that correct? They also say you can do a quick wudu all you have to do is jump in a pool or get in the shower and make sure everything is wet. I am sorry to go on and on, but this is so different than what I thought and I would like to know if they are correct. Also as a muslim woman I thought we weren't allowed to pray in the same room with men at the masjids with no dividers?

JakakAllahu Khairan
Walaikum Asalam
Shannon

massi

:salam2:
well my sister there are some of them are true and other are false
maybe you don't understand correctly ....but i recommend you this web site where you can find some good answers ...
http://www.islam-qa.com/en

Lauren Leyla

Asalamu aleikum dear sister,

As the individual above posted, some of those things (very few) that those people told you were right and some were wrong. I would definitely visit the website mentioned and also visit the nearest masjid and speak with the imam or some good sisters there about your questions. If those people who claim all this stuff are right, they will have credible hadiths and quran verses to back them up. Inshallah you stay on the right path and avoid those who have gone astray from our true, pure religion.

Your sister,
Layla