Need Advice

Marwa17

Assalamu Alikum:
I want advice about an issue that's making me feel not necessarily against islam but unethical..
My brother is not the brightest bulb in the world...and i guess maybe if he was the first oldest it would not be a big deal...but he's like the fourth...he gets failing grades in many of his classes...So, anyways, interims come out on friday, tomorrow inshallah,
He's going to detroit tomorrow for the MAS conference inshallah...so he won't be here to "intercept the mail"...so, he is going to pay 20 dollars to do it...actually he already paid it....should i do it??? Like, usually every interim my dad gets * off at him and like tells him he needs to raise up his grades and then he usually ends up getting b and/or c s in classes...So, right now, he's saying he just doesn't want my dad to get mad at like "nothing" and that he will raise up his grade...but if he doesn't, I'll feel responsible for him so i helped him in his crime...should I do it or would it be totally wrong?

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum assalam.

i am srry sis... i have to go. Inshallah I will ck back later... would you plz explain?

I don't understand a lot of your terminologies??

ur sis in Islam...

Samiha-who-has -to leave right now!!!

wassalam.

Marwa17

Well, "interims" are basically sent out by schools in the middle of each quarter and they show how well (or in this case bad) you are doing in school...so the school mails them on friday..so we'll probably get ours on like maybe saturday
my brother is going to be out of town when they come
so he wants me to like take them and not show them to my parents
and he's paying me 20 dollars
should I do it?

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

Jazakallah for the clear up.

I'm in no position to say anything... but sis, I go with no. I mean if your parents find out anyway, (i mean they will start to wonder sometime!) and then you decieve them of the arrival (of the grades), your involvement will hurt your reputation and the trust your parents put in you. So therefore, I suggest no.

Not only is it decieving in my book, but you have more to lose than gain.

All the advice a minor can give ;)

Wassalam.

ripefig

:salam2:

If I understand correctly, you are paid by your brother to hide his grade from your Dad.If I misunderstood please forgive me:SMILY23: If what I think you are saying is correct then I know that you already know the answer to your question. Hiding the truth from your dad is bad enough:astag: , but getting paid is even worse:astag: . Most times a parent knows what is good for their kids. By your dad knowing the truth, he may take steps to make sure your brother do better. You need to let your brother know that he cannot buy his way out of trouble, he needs to face it. That little voice inside that make us feel guilty is a gift from Allah to let us know that it is wrong. I hope that I made some kind of sense.

:wasalam:

Mezaan

Don't Lie..

Salam...

hey lil sis, Trust me when I say this, I think it is easy to think that this is probably not a "big" issue to honestly handle it, but that's how the "devil" works with you. !! You slip this one time because you are framing this event as something not too big and that in fact is the problem with your situation. Lets say you don't let your papa or mom know, and they find out but you are not scolded for it, that somehow they don't blame you for intercepting his "results", what happens the next time he comes to you with another similar "slightly more complicated situation" ? You will feel confident in exercising the same "illegal" and "dishonorable" act of confiding something that needs to be told before the mess becomes too deep and more complicated. Also you may be additionally required to lie to prolong the time line of a lie. I hope you understand what I am saying. Because the next time you may have a different scenario where you will be misled to thinking the same success (say you do deceive your parents successfully) will come about if you took matters in your own hands again. This will break trust, bond between people who love you. Never let your mind become comfortable in hiding, playing secretive with your mother and father. Small lies, or deceptive acts lead to bigger lies and even bigger complications. Save yourself from shaytan, and get your loser brother to face the music...trust me it won't be that bad for him, and he is most likely not going to hate you for this, but rather remember this as a favor. Inshallah without you getting involved in a deceptive act, your brother may not be scolded that sternly. Talk to him, tell him you are uncomfortable in playing his accomplice, in fact reassure him that mom and dad are not going to get off him this time, because by the time he gets back things would've simmered down. You do it now, he will expect you to come through for him when he finds himself in a bigger mess. ... Small lies are capable of serious, long-term damage, and even if it is uncovered, people may have based too much time or more lies on them to be able to correct it. .

salam...don't go for the "It's just a apple, Adam, go and eat it..." trick

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
SISTER JUST think that if u r hiding grades from urs father then it will not give any real benefit to urs parents...just simple is that u donto involve in this whole issue ..then u will be saved on both side..

i just think about my life that if i do some thing bad for 10 Euro or 100000000 Euro(thought i never had dat much..he he he) ...its same as basically intension is main thing....AMOUNT DOES NOT MATTER....its just a random thought.

so BIG NO for it my sister....and i belive urs heart is saying same to u ..Does not it?