need an advice !

mini

Asalaam Alaykum
I really need an advice and thats the reason i am here today,From last few years i am trying to place myself in religious activities to be a better muslimah,humdulilah.,the problem is that i recently got a call from an airline to come in for an interview for the position of Cabin-crew,i know i need a job to keep my financial situation stable,i am confused wether i should go for the interview or not,secondly i wear a hijab and i dont wanna remove it in any case.....please advice ???
:confused:

salaam

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Sister
Why wouldn't you go to the interview? You did apply for the job for a reason right?! you don't have the job now so if you go to the interview and you don't end up getting the job inshAllah you would'nt have lost anything. I would suggest wearing your hijab, it will be a lot harder to take it off for the interview and then put it on during the job. Besides you have every right to wear your hijab, I wish I saw more hijabis working in higher positions besides retail. ( this is how it is in my area)
Goodluck sis!
:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalaam Alaykum
I really need an advice and thats the reason i am here today,From last few years i am trying to place myself in religious activities to be a better muslimah,humdulilah.,the problem is that i recently got a call from an airline to come in for an interview for the position of Cabin-crew,i know i need a job to keep my financial situation stable,i am confused wether i should go for the interview or not,secondly i wear a hijab and i dont wanna remove it in any case.....please advice ???

salaam

:salam2: Dear sister, Pray to Allah (swt) and ask him to give you this job if it is good for your religion and your life, and also to keep it away from you if it is bad for your religion and your life. sister don't worry about a thing, everything is gonna happen according to Allah's plans. If you get this job without having to take your hijab off then say Alhamdulillah, but if this job requires you to take off your head scarf, then it's not worth it.
Sincerely, your sister.:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :hijabi: :hijabi: :hijabi:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: mini,

I agree with sister palestine!:ma:

Go with your hijaab on! Nothing and Nobody in this world is more important than Allah!

And if Allah decided that this job is good for you...you will see...Allah will make it very easy :inshallah:

aisha16

Saalam

Insha'Allah you will get the job, and like Palestine said if you have to take off your hijab when working, then it's not worth it. So make dua that you will get the job and everything will work out fine insha'Allah.

ma saalam

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
assalamu alaykum

My advices is wear smaller hijabs that comes to your shoulders and if they tell you to take your whole hijab or head cover of i personal don't think it is worth it. Pray to Allah and good lucky.

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:
jazakillahu khayran for asking us for advice. i think you shoulf ask a scheikh for advice, if you know a good imam of a mosque there where you live, and you know it´s an imam who follows the sunna and the quran, just ask him, or you can send your question to this site :
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng&pg=fbqa
or if you can arabic, try to call a known scholar or let someone do it for you if you cant, and dont forget one thing, if you give something up for Allah, He will give a better one inchAllah.
May Allah help you to make the right decision.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
My advices is wear smaller hijabs that comes to your shoulders and if they tell you to take your whole hijab or head cover of i personal don't think it is worth it. Pray to Allah and good lucky.

no offense but that is really bad advice, she should wear her hijab anyway she wants, no matter what:wasalam:

falomar

Well,...I'm very frankly:

Don't miss the opportunity....go for the interview or else they will understand you are not interested and will not give you another opportunity if ever there will be another chance. And yes,...wear you hijab, (maybe a smaller one is better), its up to you; It's better they see you wearing it than later on you wear it and they fire you because they found out you are a muslim and they didn't like the idea of hiring a muslim at first place....don't worry, be happy

Anyhow, if you live in the USA, know your rights, you may go to this website below and find information:

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination/ethnicdisc.htm

Good luck

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
None taking but How is that a bad advice i mean she can't work wearing the long hijab that comes up to her legs or long ones?

Salam
Sure she can, why not? if it gets in the way she can tie it a bit, just as you would a ponytail, I dunno but my point was never compromise yourself for a job
wa salam

aisha16

Saalaam

I guess you can tie it in a way were it doesn't get in your way. like over your ears and then tie it back.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Salam
Sure she can, why not? if it gets in the way she can tie it a bit, just as you would a ponytail, I dunno but my point was never compromise yourself for a job
wa salam

Are you joking i would personal feel any uncomforable tieing my hijab but i think it is easier to wear smaller hijab.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Are you joking i would personal feel any uncomforable tieing my hijab but i think it is easier to wear smaller hijab.

Salam
I guess it's a personal choice, some people like wearing longer hijabs and would not feel comfortable wearing a smaller one. It's like asking a niqabi to pull down her face veil a bit....for some people it's out of the question...see what I mean ?!

Globalpeace

Banned
Be yourself!

W-Salam Sister,

Please go to the Interview dressed as you normally do (with Hijab) and Insha'Allah when you get the job THEN we can discuss it further.

IF you don't get the job then this conversation will be academic in nature.

Asalaam Alaykum

salaam

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Assalam Aleikum sister,
My advice sister is to go for the job .That means to attend the interview .
Is good idea if you wear hijab during interview rather than later .You can wear hijab matching their uniform or your interview clothing. They will/should judge you acoording to your intellect ,character and qualifications .If u go with hijab and they dont offer you the job because of your modesty(HIjab) .Then ,am sure Allah Has great reward for you .Even attending the interview as a muslimah is a great reward .If you didnt get the job, Allah has great plan for you ,if it is not in the world ,hereafter inshallah .We need to be patient and proud muslim/muslimah.

Jazakallah

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

Sister,

I suggest you to go with Hijab on and if they offer you job this way, then we can talk about the details. If they ask you to remove hijab then rest assured that this job was not destined for you by Allah SWT.

Women are chosen for airline hosting is specilly because of their physical attributes. And physical attributes are your assets you need to cover, that is what a Muslim woman stands for.

Wassalaam.

mini

Salaam Alaykum
Jazak Allah for all the advices that my bro. and sisters gave, insha Allah i have planned to go for the interview,i will be praying Istikhara too before going.
Infact today i went with my Non-muslim friend(women)to get a suitable dress for the interview, she suggested that i should wear a blazer suite with skirt upto knee length, i really dont want to wear a skirt upto knee level , i was looking for a long skirt 3/4 atleast or trouser which wouldnt reveal my leg shape ,still not decided which one to go for.
I did buy a shirt which is matching with my hijab , but cant decide wether to wear a 3/4 skirt below knee level or a trouser :)

salaam

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
sister your suppposed to cover your legs to the ankle, not have the skirt 3/4 length. I found this article, inshAllah take a look.

http://www.missionislam.com/family/hijab.htm
1. The outer garment worn in public must cover all of the body except the face and hands.

Surat an-Noor, ayah 31 (quoted above) contains a clear command that a woman's natural beauty and her adornment are to be concealed from strangers, except that which might show unintentionally (i.e. parts of the dress or ornaments) or which show as a matter of course because it is not prohibited that they be shown (i.e. the face and the hands).

Abu Dawud narrated that 'A'ishah said:
Asma came to see the Messenger of Allah (saws). She was wearing a thin dress; the Prophet (saws) turned away from her and said to her: "O Asma, once a woman reaches the age of puberty no part of her body should be uncovered except her face and hands."
It should be noted that the Arabic word khumur (plural of khimaar) which has been translated above in the ayah from Surat an-Noor as veils, means head covers, not face veils, as may mistakenly be supposed. It refers to a cloth which covers all of the hair. Furthermore, the word juyoob (plural of jaib), also found in the ayah of Surat an-Noor, refers not only to the bosom, as is commonly thought, but also to the neck.

Qurtubi, an eminent mufassir (Qur'an commentator), stated:

Women in those days used to cover their heads with the khimaar, throwing its ends on their backs. This left the neck and the upper part of the chest bare, along with the ears, in the manner of the Christians. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimaar.
"And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment."
Women in the time of the Prophet (saws) used to wear anklets, which they could employ to attract attention by stamping their feet, making the anklets tinkle together. This practice was now forbidden, but even more important for us, these words make it absolutely clear that the legs and ankles are to be covered.

Bin 'Umar narrated
Let them lower their gaze Prophet (saws) said: "On the Day of Judgment Allah will not look upon one who trails his garment along out of pride." Um Salamah then asked: "What should women do with their garments?" The Prophet (saws) said: "They may lower them a hand span." She said: "Their feet would still be uncovered." The Prophet (saws) said: then lower them a forearm's length, but no more."
Tirmithi

The ayah from Surat an-Noor quoted above gives us specific and detailed information about what a Muslim woman should be sure to cover when she is in the company of strangers, and it gives a detailed list of those with whom she is permitted to be less inhibited. The ayah quoted from Surat al-Ahzab further directs Muslim women to put some outer garment over their clothes, and to draw it close around them.

Abu Dawud related that after this ayah was revealed the women of the Ansar appeared like crows (because of the black cloaks which they wore).

Some outer garment, whether a cloak or a coat, must be worn by a Muslim woman when she is in public, and even when she is in her own house or that of a close relative, if she is in the presence of strangers.

It was mentioned above that the face need not be covered. If, however, the woman is wearing make-up, she should cover her face, since the make-up is adornment beyond what is permitted.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, go to the interview. Dress in a modest but comfortable manner. In my time we were never allowed to wear pants. I suggest you stay away from them.
You get a job in the first ten seconds. Wear that which represents you without one word uttered. If you have time buy a suit with a long skirt. I do not know where you live but here in the states there are outfitters such as Alfred Dunner or Chaus Club that make very attractive outfits for business attire that are well tailored and demure. Many makers of business clothes make them for older professional women. That would be your best bet.
That is how I buy my professional clothes. Suits with ankle lenght skirts.

As for make-up. If you must keep it very low key. Women are still judged by the amount they wear. Lip gloss is better than lipstick. Minimize the fake stuff. Natural beauty does not require adjustments.

InshaAllah all will go well. Take a linen handerkerchief, a small one. Keep it tucked in a pocket. People get nervous and hands tend to perspire, you can wipe them before you have to shake hands etc. ( I taught classes on preofessional development once upon a time). Remember they can not ask you any personal questions regarding your faith. Do not give any personal information; and do not ask for the salary for the first interview. A good indication that it is going your way is when you hit 45 minutes.

Please let us know how it goes we are rooting for you.