need help in a project I am starting, what is parts in Quran?

:salam2:

I know there is 30 juz and they are further divided to hizb. My mushaf has this.

but I wanted to know what is ruko, I am not even sure I pronounced it right. This grouping of ayat is supposed to have relative subject and context. Thus the name is relative to completing recitation and making rukoo3, while completing the Quran in similar fashion as in a 30 juz.

I will search further, in sha Allah, but I wanted to know if anybody could explain right off hand.

I plan to make a series of videos that will cover the whole Quran in Arabic and english, in sha Allah. but I need to work with the limits of 9 minutes or so.

jzk,

I am trying to choose what is best, for people trying to memorize Quran in a regular basis.

Rukoo3 is as described. It was used in the indo-pakistan mushafs that are indicated with (ع)ayn.

I like it, but it looks like I will use hizb-juz, because they make audio more or so equal lengths, where it will make a more uniform audio length.

but the rukoo3 are nice too, as they allow people who don't fully understand Arabic group ayat.

:wasalam:

rehan zia

AOA

I've some info on this that I'd like to share...at the thime of Prophet and sahabah the major division followed was 1-Surah and 2-Hizb (Manzil). As we all know that there are 114 Surats and 7 Hizbs.

Now in the time of Hajaj Bin Yousaf the division of Raku was done (although Hajaj's name is quite notorious in our history) but who so ever did this division he did it with great wisdom no doubt. Every surat is devided into many rakus according the the on going aspect of the discussion.

However, the division of Juz (parah) was done well after that and it is not confirmed who did that division. This division is also not done wisely at all. As we see that some one just counted that mushaf he had and divided it into 30 parts. this resulted in breaking of the Surahs which is not right. As surah in arabic also means a castle. Thats why we see that there are some Juzs in which only the first ayat of the particular Surah is included and the rest of the surah is in the next Juz.

Having said that, I would suggest that while studying Quran it would be better to restrict to Surahs, rakus and Hizbs as there are very deep wisdoms in their arrangements.

jazakum Allahu khairan,

that was the very reason why I was trying not to use juz divisions at first, I noticed disregard towards the subject when stopping and marking.

I will, in sha Allah, focus on rukoo3, I just have to confirm the marking, as I don't have a mushaf with rukoo3 markings. But I did run into a very nice list composed by understandquran.com. http://www.understandquran.com/courses/full-course/english.html

I just have to confirm accuracy, but that I will do when I go along, in sha Allah.

I tried themostreadbook website. they seem to be still developing and couldn't find division of this type.

:wasalam:

ehsantemp

where is the rukoo list?

assalam u alaikum
you said that you found a nice list on understandquran.com for the rukoos in Quran, can you please send the direct link

jazakallah
Ehsan