Need help! Please

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
:salam2:
My humble brother and sisters, right now I am currently trying to convert somone. She wants me to prove to her if god really exist? I need your help to show her ways how our god Allah (SWT) exist? I am only 14 years old and having hard time to prove to her.

:wasalam:
I will ask Allah (SWT) for guidance:tti_sister:

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
does Allah or god exist

Question
As-salamu `alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

My mother was raised as a strict Catholic and asked me a question about God that I do not know how to answer. She does not understand how God "was, is, and always will be..." - basically a statement asserting Allah's (swt) infinite existence.

She thinks that He (swt) had to "start somewhere." How can I prove to my mother - and anyone else for that matter - that Allah (swt) is an eternal being?

Jazakullah khair.

Answer

Salam Sister,

Thank you for this very interesting and thought provoking question.

Actually, I find it somewhat puzzling that your mother feels this way, being a strict Catholic. Nonetheless, I will try to offer some assistance in explaining why Allah, subhanahu wa ta`ala, can only be an Eternal Being.

As Muslims, although we are convinced of the truth of Islam and the Qur’an, we often need to use logic and reason in explaining the truth to non-Muslims. To quote from the Qur’an to prove our point is often not convincing to them because they usually do not accept the Qur’an as the word of God.

So, although there are many evidences in the Qur’an to prove that Allah is Eternal and without beginning or end, we will try to understand this fact by using the faculties of common sense and reason that Allah has blessed humanity with. This will require that we indulge in some philosophical discussion, something that is discouraged in Islam, but I ask Allah that we will not go beyond our limits.

If we agree that the universe is so large that we cannot comprehend its true size, we might as well say that the universe is limitless. As Muslims, however, we know that it is not eternal since this is an attribute of Allah, alone. Now since we also agree that Allah is the Creator of the universe and everything in it, would it not make sense to say that His creation is of little or no significance in comparison to Him? Allah created the universe in which we live from nothing, so would it be difficult to accept that He is Eternal?

Now this is where it gets tricky! For Allah to be less than Eternal would mean that we worship something that did not exist at one time. If that were the case, then it would mean that there was a time when nothing existed. If there were a time when nothing was in existence then it would not be possible for anything to come into existence on its own because it did not exist in the first place! This seems a bit confusing, but what I am trying to get at is that it is impossible for Allah, the Creator of existence, to be anything other than Eternal. If He, subhanahu wa ta`ala, is not Eternal, then nothing really exists…

I am pretty sure that I exist, so that tells me that Allah must be Eternal or I am a figment of everyone else’s collective imagination.

In general, when these types of discussions go too far, eventually someone will ask: “If Allah Created everything, who created Allah?” At this point, Muslims are advised to leave this person alone and not discuss the matter further. It only leads to discussion of matters that make no sense and leads us to question something that is not open for debate. There is nothing worthy of worship besides Allah--la ilaha illa Allah-- and without Him there is nothing…

I hope this helps you to deal with this matter in a sensible way that others will understand. Keep trying your best to spread the message of Islam because as Allah says in the Qur’an what means:

*{ Who is better in speech than one who invites others to Islam and says, “I am a Muslim”?}*

(Fussilat 41:33)

Thank you again for your question and please keep in touch.

Salam.

Useful Links:
Who Created Allah?

How Allah Established Himself on the Throne

Inquiring About Allah

About The Nature of Allah…

i hope this helps, may Allah guide her and may Allah increase ue knowledge ameen:tti_sister:
i decided to add a video
[yt]_MWPLCUhxuk&feature[/yt]

tarannumsamir

My humble brother and sisters, right now I am currently trying to convert somone. She wants me to prove to her if god really exist? I need your help to show her ways how our god Allah (SWT) exist? I am only 14 years old and having hard time to prove to her.

walekom salaam.
PROVING THE EXISTENCE OF ALLAH (SWT) TO AN ATHEIST

by

Dr. Zakir Naik

CONGRATULATING AN ATHEIST

Normally, when I meet an atheist, the first thing I like to do is to congratulate him and say, " My special congratulations to you", because most of the people who believe in God are doing blind belief - he is a Christian, because his father is a Christian; he is a Hindu, because his father is a Hindu; the majority of the people in the world are blindly following the religion of their fathers. An atheist, on the other hand, even though he may belong to a religious family, uses his intellect to deny the existence of God; what ever concept or qualities of God he may have learnt in his religion may not seem to be logical to him.
My Muslim brothers may question me, "Zakir, why are you congratulating an atheist?" The reason that I am congratulating an atheist is because he agrees with the first part of the Shahada i.e. the Islamic Creed, ‘La ilaaha’ - meaning ‘there is no God’. So half my job is already done; now the only part left is ‘il lallah’ i.e. ‘BUT ALLAH’ which I shall do Insha Allah. With others (who are not atheists) I have to first remove from their minds the wrong concept of God they may have and then put the correct concept of one true God.

LOGICAL CONCEPT OF GOD

My first question to the atheist will be: "What is the definition of God?" For a person to say there is no God, he should know what is the meaning of God. If I hold a book and say that ‘this is a pen’, for the opposite person to say, ‘it is not a pen’, he should know what is the definition of a pen, even if he does not know nor is able to recognise or identify the object I am holding in my hand. For him to say this is not a pen, he should at least know what a pen means. Similarly for an atheist to say ‘there is no God’, he should at least know the concept of God. His concept of God would be derived from the surroundings in which he lives. The god that a large number of people worship has got human qualities - therefore he does not believe in such a god. Similarly a Muslim too does not and should not believe in such false gods.
If a non-Muslim believes that Islam is a merciless religion with something to do with terrorism; a religion which does not give rights to women; a religion which contradicts science; in his limited sense that non-Muslim is correct to reject such Islam. The problem is he has a wrong picture of Islam. Even I reject such a false picture of Islam, but at the same time, it becomes my duty as a Muslim to present the correct picture of Islam to that non-Muslim i.e. Islam is a merciful religion, it gives equal rights to the women, it is not incompatible with logic, reason and science; if I present the correct facts about Islam, that non-Muslim may Inshallah accept Islam.
Similarly the atheist rejects the false gods and the duty of every Muslim is to present the correct concept of God which he shall Insha Allah not refuse.
(You may refer to my article, ‘Concept of God in Islam’, for more details)

QUR’AN AND MODERN SCIENCE

The methods of proving the existence of God with usage of the material provided in the ‘Concept of God in Islam’ to an atheist may satisfy some but not all.
Many atheists demand a scientific proof for the existence of God. I agree that today is the age of science and technology. Let us use scientific knowledge to kill two birds with one stone, i.e. to prove the existence of God and simultaneously prove that the Qur’an is a revelation of God.
If a new object or a machine, which no one in the world has ever seen or heard of before, is shown to an atheist or any person and then a question is asked, " Who is the first person who will be able to provide details of the mechanism of this unknown object? After little bit of thinking, he will reply, ‘the creator of that object.’ Some may say ‘the producer’ while others may say ‘the manufacturer.’ What ever answer the person gives, keep it in your mind, the answer will always be either the creator, the producer, the manufacturer or some what of the same meaning, i.e. the person who has made it or created it. Don’t grapple with words, whatever answer he gives, the meaning will be same, therefore accept it.
SCIENTIFIC FACTS MENTIONED IN THE QUR’AN: for details on this subject please refer to my book, ‘THE QUR’AN AND MODERN SCIENCE – COMPATIBLE OR INCOMPATIBLE?

THEORY OF PROBABILITY

In mathematics there is a theory known as ‘Theory of Probability’. If you have two options, out of which one is right, and one is wrong, the chances that you will chose the right one is half, i.e. one out of the two will be correct. You have 50% chances of being correct. Similarly if you toss a coin the chances that your guess will be correct is 50% (1 out of 2) i.e. 1/2. If you toss a coin the second time, the chances that you will be correct in the second toss is again 50% i.e. half. But the chances that you will be correct in both the tosses is half multiplied by half (1/2 x 1/2) which is equal to 1/4 i.e. 50% of 50% which is equal to 25%. If you toss a coin the third time, chances that you will be correct all three times is (1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2) that is 1/8 or 50% of 50% of 50% that is 12½%.
A dice has got six sides. If you throw a dice and guess any number between 1 to 6, the chances that your guess will be correct is 1/6. If you throw the dice the second time, the chances that your guess will be correct in both the throws is (1/6 x 1/6) which is equal to 1/36. If you throw the dice the third time, the chances that all your three guesses are correct is (1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6) is equal to 1/216 that is less than 0.5 %.
Let us apply this theory of probability to the Qur’an, and assume that a person has guessed all the information that is mentioned in the Qur’an which was unknown at that time. Let us discuss the probability of all the guesses being simultaneously correct.
At the time when the Qur’an was revealed, people thought the world was flat, there are several other options for the shape of the earth. It could be triangular, it could be quadrangular, pentagonal, hexagonal, heptagonal, octagonal, spherical, etc. Lets assume there are about 30 different options for the shape of the earth. The Qur’an rightly says it is spherical, if it was a guess the chances of the guess being correct is 1/30.
The light of the moon can be its own light or a reflected light. The Qur’an rightly says it is a reflected light. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/2 and the probability that both the guesses i.e the earth is spherical and the light of the moon is reflected light is 1/30 x 1/2 = 1/60.
Further, the Qur’an also mentions every living thing is made of water. Every living thing can be made up of either wood, stone, copper, aluminum, steel, silver, gold, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil, water, cement, concrete, etc. The options are say about 10,000. The Qur’an rightly says that everything is made up of water. If it is a guess, the chances that it will be correct is 1/10,000 and the probability of all the three guesses i.e. the earth is spherical, light of moon is reflected light and everything is created from water being correct is 1/30 x 1/2 x 1/10,000 = 1/60,000 which is equal to about .0017%.
The Qur’an speaks about hundreds of things that were not known to men at the time of its revelation. Only in three options the result is .0017%. I leave it upto you, to work out the probability if all the hundreds of the unknown facts were guesses, the chances of all of them being correct guesses simultaneously and there being not a single wrong guess. It is beyond human capacity to make all correct guesses without a single mistake, which itself is sufficient to prove to a logical person that the origin of the Qur’an is Divine.
CREATOR IS THE AUTHOR OF THE QUR’AN
The only logical answer to the question as to who could have mentioned all these scientific facts 1400 years ago before they were discovered, is exactly the same answer initially given by the atheist or any person, to the question who will be the first person who will be able to tell the mechanism of the unknown object. It is the ‘CREATOR’, the producer, the Manufacturer of the whole universe and its contents. In the English language He is ‘God’, or more appropriate in the Arabic language, ‘ALLAH’.

QUR’AN IS A BOOK OF SIGNS AND NOT SCIENCE

Let me remind you that the Qur’an is not a book of Science, ‘S-C-I-E-N-C-E’ but a book of Signs ‘S-I-G-N-S’ i.e. a book of ayaats. The Qur’an contains more than 6,000 ayaats, i.e. ‘signs’, out of which more than a thousand speak about Science. I am not trying to prove that the Qur’an is the word of God using scientific knowledge as a yard stick because any yardstick is supposed to be more superior than what is being checked or verified. For us Muslims the Qur’an is the Furqan i.e. criteria to judge right from wrong and the ultimate yardstick which is more superior to scientific knowledge.
But for an educated man who is an atheist, scientific knowledge is the ultimate test which he believes in. We do know that science many a times takes ‘U’ turns, therefore I have restricted the examples only to scientific facts which have sufficient proof and evidence and not scientific theories based on assumptions. Using the ultimate yardstick of the atheist, I am trying to prove to him that the Qur’an is the word of God and it contains the scientific knowledge which is his yardstick which was discovered recently, while the Qur’an was revealed 1400 year ago. At the end of the discussion, we both come to the same conclusion that God though superior to science, is not incompatible with it.

SCIENCE IS ELIMINATING MODELS OF GOD BUT NOT GOD

Francis Bacon, the famous philosopher, has rightly said that a little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God. Scientists today are eliminating models of God, but they are not eliminating God. If you translate this into Arabic, it is La illaha illal la, There is no god, (god with a small ‘g’ that is fake god) but God (with a capital ‘G’).
Surah Fussilat:
"Soon We will show them our signs in the (farthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

tarannumsamir

HEREAFTER - LIFE AFTER DEATH

Question
How can you prove the existence of hereafter, i.e. life after death?
Answer

Belief in the hereafter is not based on blind faith?
Many people wonder as to how a person with a scientific and logical temperament, can lend any credence to the belief of life after death. People assume that anyone believing in the hereafter is doing so on the basis of blind belief.
My belief in the hereafter is based on a logical argument.

Hereafter a logical belief
There are more than a thousand verses in the Glorious Qur’an, containing scientific facts (refer my book "Qur’an and Modern Science-Compatible or Incompatible?"). Many facts mentioned in the Qur’an have been discovered in the last few centuries. But science has not advanced to a level where it can confirm every statement of the Qur’an.
Suppose 80% of all that is mentioned in the Qur’an has been proved 100% correct. About the remaining 20%, science makes no categorical statement, since it has not advanced to a level, where it can either prove or disprove these statements. With the limited knowledge that we have, we cannot say for sure whether even a single percentage or a single verse of the Qur’an from this 20% portion is wrong. Thus when 80% of the Qur’an is 100% correct and the remaining 20% is not disproved, logic says that even the 20% portion is correct. The existence of the hereafter, which is mentioned in the Qur’an, falls in the 20% ambiguous portion which my logic says is correct.

Concept of peace and human values is useless without the concept of hereafter
Is robbing a good or an evil act? A normal balanced person would say it is evil. How would a person who does not believe in the hereafter convince a powerful and influential criminal that robbing is evil?
Suppose I am the most powerful and influential criminal in the world. At the same time I am an Intelligent and a logical person. I say that robbing is good because it helps me lead a luxurious life. Thus robbing is good for me.
If anybody can put forward a single logical argument as to why it is evil for me, I will stop immediately. People usually put forward the following arguments:
a. The person who is robbed will face difficulties
Some may say that the person who is robbed will face difficulties. I certainly agree that it is bad for the person who is robbed. But it is good for me. If I rob a thousand dollars, I can enjoy a good meal at a 5 star restaurant.
b. Someone may rob you
Some people argue that someday I may be robbed. No one can rob me because I am a very powerful criminal and I have hundreds of bodyguards. I can rob anybody but nobody can rob me. Robbing may be a risky profession for a common man but not for an influential person like me.
c. The police may arrest you
Some may say, if you rob, you can be arrested by the police. The police cannot arrest me because I have the police on my payroll. I have the ministers on my payroll. I agree that if a common man robs, he will be arrested and it will be bad for him, but I am an extraordinarily influential and powerful criminal.
Give me one logical reason why it is bad for me and I will stop robbing.
d. Its easy money
Some may say its easy money and not hard-earned money. I agree completely that it is easy money, and that is one of the main reasons why I rob. If a person has the option of earning money the easy as well as the hard way, any logical person would choose the easy way.
e. It is against humanity
Some may say it is against humanity and that a person should care for other human beings. I counter argue by asking as to who wrote this law called ‘humanity’ and why should I follow it?
This law may be good for the emotional and sentimental people but I am a logical person and I see no benefit in caring for other human beings.
f. It is a selfish act
Some may say that robbing is being selfish. It is true that robbing is a selfish act; but then why should I not be selfish? It helps me enjoy life.
1. No logical reason for robbing being an evil act
Hence all arguments that attempt to prove that robbing is an evil act are futile. These arguments may satisfy a common man but not a powerful and influential criminal like me. None of the arguments can be defended on the strength of reason and logic. It is no surprise that there are so many criminals in this world.
Similarly raping, cheating etc. can be justified as good for a person like me and there is no logical argument that can convince me that these things are bad.
2. A Muslim can convince a powerful and influential criminal
Now let us switch sides. Suppose you are the most powerful and influential criminal in the world, who has the police and the ministers on his payroll. You have army of thugs to protect you. I am a Muslim who will convince you that robbing, raping, cheating, etc. are evil acts.
Even if I put forth the same arguments to prove that robbing is evil the criminal will respond the same way as he did earlier.
I agree that the criminal is being logical and all his arguments are true only when he is the most powerful and influential criminal.
3. Every human being wants justice
Each and every human being desires justice. Even if he does not want justice for others he wants justice for himself. Some people are intoxicated by power and influence and inflict pain and suffering on others. The same people, however, would surely object if some injustice was done to them. The reason such people become insensitive to the suffering of others is that they worship power and influence. Power and influence, they feel, not only allows them to inflict injustice on others but also prevents others from doing likewise to them.
4. God is Most Powerful and Just
As a Muslim I would convince the criminal about the existence of Almighty God (refer to answer proving the existence of God). This God is more powerful than you and at the same time is also just. The Glorious Qur’an says:
"Allah is never unjust
In the least degree"
[Al-Qur’an 4:40]
5. Why does God not punish me?
The criminal, being a logical and scientific person, agrees that God exists, after being presented with scientific facts from the Qur’an. He may argue as to why God, if He is Powerful and Just, does not punish him.
6. The people who do injustice should be punished
Every person who has suffered injustice, irrespective of financial or social status, almost certainly wants the perpetrator of injustice to be punished. Every normal person would like the robber or the rapist to be taught a lesson. Though a large number of criminals are punished, many even go scot-free. They lead a pleasant, luxurious life, and even enjoy a peaceful existence. If injustice is done to a powerful and influential person, by someone more powerful and more influential than he, even such a person would want that person perpetrators of injustice to be punished.
7. This life is a test for the hereafter
This life is a test for the hereafter. The Glorious Qur’an says:
"He who created Death
And life that He
May try which of you
Is best in deed;
And He is the Exalted
In Might, Oft-Forgiving"
[Al-Qur’an 67:2]
8. Final justice on day of judgement
The Glorious Qur’an says:
"Every soul shall have
A taste of death:
And only on the Day
Of Judgement shall you
Be paid your full recompense.
Only he who is saved
Far from the Fire
And admitted to the Garden
Will have attained
The object (of life):
For the life of this world
Is but goods and chattels
Of deception."
[Al-Qur’an 3:185]
Final justice will be meted out on the Day of Judgement. After a person dies, he will be resurrected on the Day of Judgement along with the rest of mankind. It is possible that a person receives part of his punishment in this world. The final reward and punishment will only be in the hereafter. God Almighty may not punish a robber or a rapist in this world but he will surely be held accountable on the Day of Judgement and will be punished in the hereafter i.e. life after death.
9. What punishment can the human law give Hitler?
Hitler incinerated six million Jews during his reign of terror. Even if the police had arrested him, what punishment can the human law give Hitler for justice to prevail? The most they can do is to send Hitler to the gas chamber. But that will only be punishment for the killing of one Jew. What about the remaining five million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine Jews?
10. Allah can burn Hitler more than six million times in hellfire
Allah say in the Glorious Qur’an:
"Those who reject
Our signs, We shall soon
Cast into the Fire;
As often as their skins
Are roasted through,
We shall change them
For fresh skins,
That they may taste
The penalty: for Allah
Is Exalted in Power, Wise"
[Al-Qur’an 4:56]
If Allah wishes he can incinerate Hitler six million times in the hereafter in the hellfire.
11. No concept of human values or good and bad without concept of hereafter
It is clear that without convincing a person about the hereafter, i.e. life after death, the concept of human values and the good or evil nature of acts is impossible to prove to any person who is doing injustice especially when he is influential and powerful.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Jazakallah khair for super informative thread! Sometimes i don't have patience to read the whole post. The whole thread was worth reading.. Source inclusion would have been better. Nevertheless good job brothers and sisters.

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^

i have a nice story::

there was a boy, one day he went to ask his teacher 3 questions::
1- what is "unintentional" mean?? "we call it in arabic: qada' wa qadar"
2- the devil "shaitan" is a creature of fire so how he will suffer in fire in the life after death "how could it be fire with fire?" ??
3- is there a God? how i could believe there is a God and i can't see Him??

so the teacher hit him on his cheek by his hand!
then the boy said why you did that "hit me?"
then the teacher said this is the answer to your 3 questions!!
the boy said HOW??!!

the teacher explained:

1- did you know i was about to hit you?
the boy said no
so the teacher said this is "unintentional"

2- the teacher said what is my hand created from?
the boy said mud
the teacher said what is your cheek created from?
the boy said mud too!
so the teacher said ; my hand and your cheek are from mud; the same material; and you felt pain! this is how shaitan "the devil" will suffer in fire!

3- the teacher said how come you believe there is pain and you can't see it!?
the boy was like::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
so the teacher said this is how we believe and feel there is God but we can't see Him!

we believe there is God by looking at the creature how it's created the beautiful world the sky and the earth in this universe... all this can't be without A God who made it...
even we can look at our body how it is alive, the blood vesels how it's made.. it's something a man can't make nor it can be like this alone!!!

nori suja'i

i just dont why i'm so excited when i heard someone is reverting to islam. everytime when non muslim ask about islam faith, i just translated Suratul Ikhlas and give her/him the meaning.
after that just tell her to admire herself/himself infront of the mirror and ask why we got 2 eyes instead of 3 or 4? is it co-insident?, why we have i nose in the middle of our face with 2 nostrils? and why are they facing downwards instead of upwards? is it co-insident? and in case our nostrils facing upward what happen if the rain drops? surely flooded right?. So our mind will trigger that its no logic if too many co-incident in the same time or area.
Human being as Allah said in AlQur'an is the best creation that Allah created compared to other.
wa shyukrillah, alhamdulillah.

palestine

Servant of Allah

just a correction dear bro. ur not converting her, ur INVITING her to islam. anyways just ask her simple questions- how could we be here? did we create ourselves- no we did not. tell her this, she has a brain yet we cannot see, but we all know that she has a mind. so we know God- Allah exists yet we cannot see him, but we know he's there. and the quran proves that. a miracle: we are in the wombs of our mothers, yet we breathe and live there, could any human have created anything similar to that- no.
ps: the quran is a miracle, it has not been changed since it was revealed. asalamu alykum. i'll pm u later. i have henna on my hands. hard to type. :salam2::hijabi:

mufakkir

As Salaam 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

Bismillah,

May Allah reward your efforts and keep you firm on the Religion of truth. I would like to add, that while you may benefit from the very useful information provided by brothers and sisters replying to your thread, one of the best and most fruitful way to invite a person to Islam is through your character. The seerah of our beloved Prophet (pbuh) is rife with examples of how people entered the Religion of Allah by being impressed with the character of the Prophet (pbuh).
Be mindful of your speech and actions. Safegaurd your modesty and let the person see for him/herself how beautiful and true Islam is.
Always, 'Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good reminders'.

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^
As Salaam 'Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

Bismillah,

May Allah reward your efforts and keep you firm on the Religion of truth. I would like to add, that while you may benefit from the very useful information provided by brothers and sisters replying to your thread, one of the best and most fruitful way to invite a person to Islam is through your character. The seerah of our beloved Prophet (pbuh) is rife with examples of how people entered the Religion of Allah by being impressed with the character of the Prophet (pbuh).
Be mindful of your speech and actions. Safegaurd your modesty and let the person see for him/herself how beautiful and true Islam is.
Always, 'Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good reminders'.

well said masha'Allah ^^