need suggestions

jamila

:SMILY34:hello i converted to islam 2 years ago and as a new convert i find very dificult to find a muslim husband. I am the only muslim in my family i dont know a lot of muslims in my area im just curius what i have to do or where to look or how i dont want to ask anybody that i know i feel embaresed but i want to know what is wright or wrong in this matter i dont want to do something that is not wright any suggestions... [i will apresiate your help]

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is ok for muslim women to ask and look for a husband, You shouldn't feel embaresed.
Marriage is basicaly meant to be something which prevents people from committing adultry, or gazing at women(Or men), or watching p**n...etc.
So for a woman who seeks a husband that means she wants to prevent herself from bad things, which indicates that this kind of woman is a good and decent one.

I'm sorry i don't have any suggestions.. but i felt the need to say that to you, to let you know it isnt something to be embaresed about.

Ask other people if they know any pious good muslim man to marry you.

Goodluck.. And may Allah help you and guide you, and bless you with a good pious muslim husband.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo Alaikom sister Jamila :)

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

good to have you with us and congratulations on your reversion to islam :D

sister Jamila, if you kept quiet, most likely, you wouldn't find a good husband.... usually, best way is to talk to your muslim friends... they know you and most likely would know what you looking for... another way is to attend mosque/masjid (http://www.islamicfinder.org/) and ask if there is a program that helps to meet couples... another way is to use online marriage site which you neeeeeed to be veeeeeery careful with it!!!!!....

usually, to find a good partner takes time... so have patience in the process sister Jamila :)

Again, gooooood to have you with us in our big muslim Family :D

wasalmo Alaikom

Abu_Luqmann

Assalamualaikum,

If you could inform the city you live in, brothers and sisters in that area may be able to help you.

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you

salam

a_stranger

:salam2: sister
Dear sister be carefull , never rush into marriage until you are sure that the person is suitable , My prayers that Allah swt make everythings easy. continue to pray.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

You may seek a husband by attending a certain masjid (mosque) frequently, and making sure to introduce yourself to the other sisters. When you have gotten to know some of the sisters well, tell them you are seeking a Muslim husband that truly practices Islam, and you would like them to ask the other sisters they know, to see if one of them has a brother, etc that desires to get married.

You may also speak to the Imam, and ask him if he can help you find a husband by asking some of the brothers privately whether they desire to get married. He may also make a general announcement, asking the single men if they would like to meet with him after Friday congregational prayer, so he may speak to some of them about the prospect of marriage. Make sure you make it clear to the Imam or sisters, the type of Muslim husband you want to marry: age, occupation, religiosity, character, where does he live, etc. Then you can have a meeting arranged with the potential husband, in the presence of the Imam, in which you can ask him certain questions, before accepting marriage. This is much better than the corrupt internet websites, in which men and women shamefully speak to one another with no regard for the Laws of Allah (may He be Glorified and Exalted) and in which the women have no Muslim male guardian present, and their photographs prevail over the internet for all of the world to stare at.

Because you come from a non-Muslim family, you are also in need of a Muslim male guardian to help you arrange your marriage contract, this position can be filled by the Imam or some Muslim man part of the Masjid board. This person will be present when you speak to the potential spouse, the guardian will help you to secure your dowry and compose your marriage contract, and will give you in marriage to your future husband by saying, "I give so and so in marriage to you, do you accept." Two trustworthy Muslim male witnesses are also required to be present during the signing of the marriage contract, these cannot be family members of the husband, they must be unrelated and one cannot be your guardian.

Finally, make a lot of Dua (supplication), especially during Tahhajuud (3:00am prayer).

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

endodontics77

have this problem but

I have the same problem like you sister but i am in islamic country there are but the girls here are many .so the chance to marry is little.i also found all my friends get married ,i ll not lie &say that this is not make difference.no it make i feel lonely but in a day i heared that who make Dua ,will be answered by the God ,So i make Dua ,&while i am still waiting i found that god makes me intend more social works,studies so i realized that every thing comes at time .you haven't to go on net to search for a husband .the suggestion to go to masjid is good although i am shy to do it but have the courage &make this step to follow you........:SMILY288:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum sister Jamila,

Regarding your question... If you kive in US or Canada, then call 1-877-WHY-ISLAM
This is the phone number of this organization: whyislam.org

They provide a veriaty of help. Tell them to find out a mosque closest to you, and also that they assign some one (a girl ofcourse) to take you to the Mosque etc and introduce you to the local Muslims community.

These 1-877-WHY-ISLAM people are very helpful. Once they come and take you out for introductuion, then you can build relationships on it and then at that time ask them to help you find a good husband.

Hope this ides works for you!

Wassalam.
:wasalam:

zainab bala

Allah is sufficient.
O Allah! Whose name is Love.
Who gives with Love and takes with Love,
grant you His love and make you worthy of it.
Ameen.