Neutral Mediation for marriage

MubarekMuslimah

Assalaamu alaikum

Im after some advice. I have been asked to be a neutral mediator between 2 friends of mine, a couple who are having marriage problems. At the moment the two of them arent talking and theres many factors ( which I would rather not go in to on here) affecting this. They have a 2 year old daughter.

Has anyone here done this ever? do you have any advice for me? I really want to help them and help them to try and save the marriage. However of course if Allah swt has willed for them to go their seperate ways, there is nothing that can be done. But I am keen that even if it comes to this for them, that the divorce is done so as an absolute last resort and with as little as possible bad feeling or haram things conducted of course. I also have to think about their own inidividual welfares and of course that of their daughter.

please could someone give me some advice on this - I havent done anything like this before. And also if possible give me the ruling on divorce when 'talaq' has been said 3 times , all at once, in anger, already. They are both Hanafi fiqh as far as I am aware. I would also like advice on how to encourage one of them to pray - as this isn't currently happening . And even advice, if anyone has any, on how to deal with outsiders who dont want the marriage to continue for their own ulterior motives and who are family members ( non-muslim) , from having an affect on each person.

Insha'allah someone can help me please gather some information for all of this and advice on what I should do insha'allah

Jazak'allah khairun

Wasalaams

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
slmz sista, sorri but i havent experienced anything similar, so i cannot say anything. inshallah allah make it easy for you. you're trying to help somebody out in their difficulties, may Allah really show the way!! aameen. pls rememebr all in your duas!!

nizar83

selemu aleikum, i can tell you this : there is only 1 thing that ALLAH subhanawata3ala allowed us to do, but yet hates when this happens,,ITS DIVORCE

ALLAH subhana wata3ala hates this, we should try and do anything to hold on to our marriages.. wherever there are 2 partners, or 2 colleges..1 of them will always be the patient 1.

what im trying to say is, we shouldnt look at divorce too fast, especially knowing that anything in our lives comes from ALLAH subhanawata3ala..and if you are the 1 that isnt treated well by your partner..than talk to him or her..remind him or her what ALLAH subhanawata3ala said about marriage and sabr ( patience )
you will be rewarded for your patience, especially if you are the 1 that hasnt been treated like you should be treated..ALLAH 3ala kollie sheyin 3aleem

as for you trying to help these 2...mashaallah there will be a great reward for you insha allah ..remember ALLAH subhanawata3ala allowed divorce, there is an entire suraah on this subject in the quraan en karim...however...allah does not like it..he hates it

selemu aleikum

Almeftah

i been there myself,

force them to sit togather alone and let it all out in a calm way, if that doesnt work, then let them talk in ur presence, and do not let one of them talk while the other one is talking, give each of them a chance to explain 1 point at a time, its like being in a courthouse and you are the judge.. and insha allah, everything will be fine.