Alhamdulillah New Convert

AminaAyadi

My name is Amina Ayadi and I am a new convert from NC, USA. I have learned so much and am continuing to learn as I go. I was raised as a Christian and have told my family of my conversion to Islam and have been told I'm doing the wrong thing and they're disowning me. I am so happy in my new religion and don't want to lose my family, but I will not be oppressed by them either. I only have 2 Muslim friends and would like to have more. If anyone has been thru this, can you please tell me how you handled all the stress of it? I know with the help of Allah, I will get thru this too.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum Amina, welcome to the site. May Allah make things easier for you, glad to have you as a sister!

in sha Allah you will make some more friends there are a lot sisters here.

a_stranger

You are most welcome dear sister, alhamduliAllah for his guidance, don't worry about your family, treat them in a good manner, may Allah open their hearts to the truth.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Asalaam alaikum dear Sister.
Welcome to Islam, and welcome to TTI.
I think it is normal that there are some family issues for most reverts, but every situation is different. A lot can be said in anger and hurt that isn't really meant, it just shows the hurt. Try to keep a channel open somewhere, and don't give up on them, in shaa Allah, things can change with time.
Pray to Allah, make dua for them and for yourself.
Peace

saima786

Mash'allah sister that is very good to hear may Allah (Swt) make this beautiful journey easy for you and reunite u with your family and make them see the light of islam insh'allah i wish you well :)