New here and to learning about Islam

Daenerys

Hello everyone. I'm new, so if I make mistakes please be patient with me. I am trying to learn about Islam and Allah, and would be very grateful for any recommendations of reading materials (I speak English, French and German). I have not yet converted, but hope to be able to in the next year, having seen the peace and comfort Islam has brought people.

I have a few concerns about my ability to live up to Islam's guidance. I have a heart condition, which means that prolonged fasting (even just skipping a meal on bad days) can cause me to collapse and be unwell, and I worry that this might mean I would not be able to fast properly at Ramadan. I also worry about my work - I am a doctor and so have to observe a dress code at work which is no sleeves longer than mid-forearm and no head scarves, and some of my patients are males - although I cannot ever marry them so would that be acceptable?

Thank you for such a wonderful forum.

strive-may-i

Greetings.

Feel free to ask, we appreciate that. Doctor, am sure you will get to contribute here and be of benefit to others. Patience and gratitude are signs of one who submits to will of Almighty Allah. We here are striving to that end ... May we benefit from each other. May creator bestow health and harmony to you and all of us.

Islam Books:
The Brief illustrated guide to islam is a good starting point.
(Illustrated Introductory Book about Islam and Allah, for children *found this link too, so thought would post it for rest of us here* )

Links:
Who Is Allah?
What is a Muslim?
Answer to 7 common question on Islam
(....... from signature of Brother Mabsoot. For a post by Mabsoot Go here )

Allah does not burden beyond one's ability. There are other ways for those who cannot fast in month of Ramlaan. Do not hesitate. You are welcome to the forum to know and learn more about Islam. Wishing you a pleasant stay here.

a_stranger

You are most welcome dear sister:
We are very happy to have you with us , I pray that Allah subhanahu wa taaala guide us all to his way. Islam starts with hearts , it directs people's hearts to have faith in their one and only creator. Quran asks people to ponder in the creation and feel the greatness and bueaty of our creator. It directs people in a quiet way to come closer to Allah subhanahu wa taaala by faith and good deeds . Being a doctor who helps people is a great Islamic job, since helping people is a deed that bring the doer closer to his creator if he/she has the good intention to please Allah subhanahu wa taaala. More Islam never asks us to do what harm ourselves. If you are sick you don't have to fast as long as your health will be affected by fasting. May Allah protect you and bless you.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Warm welcome to TTI :)

This site is a gold mine of information. There isnt enough time in the day to learn amazing things through this site. Simple use search or ask directly. The awesome Brothers and Sisters here are always ready to help.
I pray InshAllah you will find your guidance quickly and come to Islam soon. Allah is ever-ready for us.

Happy reading and learning!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Welcome!

:salam2:
To
all my brothers and sisters
in Islam.
Hey :)
Hi!
Welcome to TTI
Glad to have you with us.
Islam is sooo easy
and since you are serious
about embracing Islam, for a steady gooood start
i sugest you to go to the Islamic council in your country for futher
detail and clear clarification regarding your problem and at the
same time get yourself into a proper basic Islamic study.

They can and so do you
so
Don't delay your conversion into Islam.
Watch our amazing young brother Henry.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqrNhxIuq3o[/ame]

Dr.Maurice Bucaille ( why i'm muslim)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zs6z6E_Oik&feature=g-vrec[/ame]

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

Daenerys

Thank you all so much for your kind words and advice. I am truly grateful for such a warm welcome. Thank you.